Bleach Speculation (Chapters 300+)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby ich1990 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:23 pm

On one hand, I almost wish it were really over.

On the other, there are so many good, interesting characters that have just vanished after a short introduction that I would really like to learn more about.

On the other, other hand, even if Bleach went on for another thirty volumes, we still wouldn't see them.

[spoiler]Sorry to spoil it for you guys, but Bleach isn't over because Ichigo didn't kill him. If Aizen died at some other hand than Ichigo's, the whole space-time continuum of the universe would implode.[/spoiler]
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:13 pm

I think the only question right now is whether Aizen will be fine because of illusions, because of raw strength, or because he will use his Hollow transformation (which seems to heal fully).

Also, doesn't this chapter prove that they would have done just fine without Ichigo? Even though they're going to lose, Ichigo contributed nothing to getting this far.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ingemar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:34 pm

Ichigo will have to be involved eventually, otherwise the point of his being there (and, dare I say, his existence in the series) will be rendered moot.

As far as I can tell, no "Big Bad" has ever been defeated in Bleach. (Unless Barragan counts, which I don't think does, because we only learned of him being the king of Hueco Mundo shortly before his death). Ichigo's entire fight history has been of minions or middlemen and both of his encounters with Aizen have proven fruitless. I think the only reason Ichigo would have to defeat Aizen is to validate his rather pointless, manipulated existence.

In that sense, he is somewhat reminiscent of every Metal Gear Solid protagonist.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:21 pm

Indeed, Kubo seems to have forgotten entirely about Grimmjow and Neliel.

This chapter wasn't that bad. Aizen cut down a few vaizards, toshiro, shinji, shunsei, and soi fon pulled some crap to get a jab in at Aizen.

Obviously he isn't going to die but he probably will start fighting seriously.
Yamamaya

Postby ich1990 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Well, illusion is better than raw strength or hollow transformation.

Also, it would almost make sense if Aizen had used hypnotism to make a captain look like Halibel, then killed them.

Indeed, Kubo seems to have forgotten entirely about Grimmjow and Neliel.

Actually I was thinking of the parents of Ichigo and Ishida, Isshin Kurosaki and Ryūken Ishida, respectively. Remember waaay back when Ichigo's dad revealed that he was a shinigami and he one-shot that hollow who killed his wife? That sounded interesting. Of course, having the elder Ishida's bitter personality around more often would be nice as well. Neliel would be ok, I guess. Grimmjow has already had a ton of page time in Bleach.
ich1990

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Aizen finishes off the SS in record time.

That means the only people left to fight him are Ichigo, Unohana, and Yamato. I bet Urahara will show up soon to explain a few things and maybe get into a fight with Aizen. Personally I'm interested in seeing what's going on with WW vs Kensei.

Next week is hiatus for Kubo. Guess he needs some time to figure this crap out.
Yamamaya

Postby Ingemar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:15 pm

*whew*

It looks like Kubo really isn't as sloppy a writer as I feared. Though this still doesn't excuse the wastefulness of the entire arc.

Does that mean good guys are dying now? And is it wrong for me to want that to happen?

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:01 pm

So I read the spoilers for chapter 393. Awesome stuff happens.
Spoilers taken from Bleach aslyum.
[SPOILER]Aizen: I never intended to kill you...this little wound would make one difficult to lose consciousness.
Yamamoto walks out of the fire pillar.
Aizen: Just to kindly inform you, if you fall as well, then the Gotei 13 has reached its end. Although that will be good, it will look really pitiful.
Yamamoto: You really think that you'll be able to cut me down?
Aizen: I never think...I already did.
Yamamoto: Don't joke with me!
Aizen flash steps to Yamamoto's back. Yama turns around, takes a hit from Aizen, but grabs hold of his arm.
Yamamoto: I have caught you, Aizen.
Aizen: Then what do you plan to do? Is this really my arm?
Yamamoto: Open yours eyes wide and look! I won't be mistaken about its reiatsu when a zanpakuto pierces through me. And now the time is ripe.
A huge fire pillar appears, stunning Aizen.
Yamamoto: This is the time you all have been fighting this while for. You and I will perish here. Get back, Kurosaki.
Ichigo: !
Yamamoto: You shouldn't get involved here.
Aizen: But you have no problem with the others? Is it fine to drag the rest in this mess?
Yamamoto: (not really clear about translation) They are already prepared.
Wonderweiss appears behind Yamamoto. Just before Yamamoto strikes down, Wonderweiss catches it barehanded, making the flames extinguish.
Yamamoto: Why is it extinguished?
Aizen: I won't talk about other techniques, but if I let you unleash that final move, you might have a chance of winning. Wonderweiss is a uniquely modified arrancar, which is why his resurreccion is called Prince of Extinguished Flames (Extinguir). And the purpose of his creation, is to seal your abilities. Farewell, Yamamoto Genryusai. [/SPOILER]
Yamamaya

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:19 pm

[SPOILER]So Yamamoto dies without doing anything whatsoever in the series and Wonderweiss is another 11th hour plot device.[/SPOILER]Tite Kubo is a bad person.
Fish and Chips

Postby Ingemar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:12 pm

[spoiler]I don't think Old Man Genocide is dead...yet... and I think there's a chance that Ichigo can stop Wonderweiss. If WW's sole power is "Make Ryuujin Jakka not work" then Ichigo has a chance.[/spoiler]

Again, none of this excuses Aizen not just curbstomping everyone several (real time) years ago.

Ingemar

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:07 pm

At the very least, we can say that this chapter was the most interesting in a long time. It even tried to offer some kind of explanation for why Yamamoto has just been standing around for such a long time (Gin is still busy smiling, I guess).

However, this chapter makes me reflect on how badly the Espada were mishandled. Only one thing is happening at a time, which means that most of the characters are just standing around. This arc would have been much more interesting (and probably shorter) if all the fights had been happening at roughly the same time. Then the Espada might have seemed like an army instead of a pointless diversion before Aizen does everything himself.

And Ingemar, I don't think your idea is going to happen. Having a strategy-based two on two battle isn't really Bleach's style.
uc pseudonym

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:40 pm

Yamamato isn't dead yet, but he will be injured if he doesn't do something.

At least this time Kubo gives us an explanation of why Aizen only injured the Shinigami, he wants them to watch the demise of their leaders and all hope.

(Since WW showed up, I guess Kensei has already been pwned off screen. Poor dude).
Yamamaya

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Since what I want to say is largely previously expressed feelings, I shall relay my comments in limerick form:

This battle isn't much of a thriller
and the action it isn't so killer
it could be so much more
but surely I swore
the whole thing is nothing but filler.

Thank you.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Ingemar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Apparently "making Ryuujin Jakka not work" is an incredibly lame power. Who knew?

I was half-hoping that Wonderweiss' "trading all words, knowledge and reason" in order to have the amazing ability to counteract exactly one ability would be countered by a simple logic puzzle. But I suppose Yamamoto punching it him to death will have to suffice.

Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 am

When all else fails, use a DOUBLE FALCON PUNCHHHHHH
Yamamaya

Postby ich1990 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:52 am

Why is Aizen letting this happen?

For heaven's sake, when you weaken your enemy you need to press your advantage. Oh, and protecting the only thing that is giving you a strategic advantage over your opponent might be helpful as well.
ich1990

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Ichigo finally does something and the old man is epic once more.

Actually I appreciate ole Ichigo for waiting until now to strike. He saw everyone running up to Aizen and getting LOL PWNED, so he's waited until Aizen is vulnerable to strike.
Yamamaya

Postby Ingemar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:16 pm

It would be tempting to say that things are beginning to look up, but let's not forget 1). Aizen has yet to release his bankai 2). Aizen could release his shikai again to render Ichigo harmless 3). Gin is still somewhere--wondering why he didn't try to sucker punch/stab Yama during his barehanded Wonderweiss murderfest 4). The arc won't end until June--a date that I consider ambitious.

Ingemar

Postby Ingemar » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:15 am

Dear Kubo,

I am not simply going to believe "Aizen planned it" as your justification for everything.

Love,
Ingemar.

Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:53 am

Ingemar (post: 1381937) wrote:Dear Kubo,

I am not simply going to believe "Aizen planned it" as your justification for everything.

Love,
Ingemar.

But Aizen planned it!

To be honest this new plot twist doesn't surprise me all that much. Most final bosses in shoenun seem to "manipulate" the main character all along.

What's next? Aizen planned his eventual defeat because he's bored with Bleach?
Or perhaps Kubo Title IS AIZEN!
Yamamaya

Postby Ingemar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:03 pm

Dear Kubo,

It is becoming increasingly clear that you have written yourself into a corner. While the typical Bleach fanboy is hailing this recent twist as "THE GREATEST EVAR" and the average Troper hails it as a stunning Deconstruction of the "typical shounen protagonist," I see it as a half-hearted patch job of your often shaky plot.

The sad truth is, as shocking as this "big reveal" is, it does not change the currents stakes even a whit. Not. One. That is, unless you retcon Aizen's motives into something that pretty much undermines the last four years of plot, nothing essentially changes. And if you do go along with the aforementioned (but not suggested, mind you) retcon, your credibility as a writer will be further tarnished.

Love,
Ingemar

P.S. Aizen's finger does not need a half-page spread. If you put as much effort into your plots as you do your villain's digits, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Ingemar

Postby ich1990 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:20 pm

Ingemar (post: 1383931) wrote:Dear Kubo,

It is becoming increasingly clear that you have written yourself into a corner. While the typical Bleach fanboy is hailing this recent twist as "THE GREATEST EVAR" and the average Troper hails it as a stunning Deconstruction of the "typical shounen protagonist," I see it as a half-hearted patch job of your often shaky plot.

I like twists, I really do. But, the way Bleach has been written this twist feels like a half lame after-the-fact justification more than anything else. It really is a pity because shounen needs more of this kind of thing.

On the plus side Isshin has shown up, finally. Now we just need Ryuken (or Uryu for that matter) and we will have a real party.
ich1990

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 pm

I see in this chapter an attempt by Kubo to write himself out of the corner but his efforts mostly just keep pushing him farther back. Many readers will probably echo Ichigo's sentiments in this chapter, "What is going on? That makes no sense? How can you be so hax Aizen?"

That being said, Isshin showing up is absolute pwnage.
Yamamaya

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:08 pm

While I sort of want to like this (due to the whole deconstruction of shonen angle), I think Bleach is well beyond whatever Kubo said he planned from the beginning. If not, things were put together really sloppily, and I don't see how you can do that with a plot in mind. Also, I'm irritated that we went an entire chapter without actually getting to a real explanation, though the first plot twist was like this as well.

The worst part is that Aizen was lying before with no particular motivation. Unless, of course, we take him seriously when he asks why anyone believes whatever he says. The implication is that he was lying before, but it can just as easily read to suggest that he's lying now. There is no plan at all, he just likes screwing around with people.

Ingemar wrote:P.S. Aizen's finger does not need a half-page spread.

I'm glad someone else mentioned that. You have to admit, though, it is definitely a finger.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ingemar » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:34 am

No mention of Kurosaki the Elder attacking Aizen in a non-CAA-friendly manner?

Also, given that Gin decided to release Bankai on the main character, it's unlikely to be anything impressive. (Now, if the target had been, say, Renji, it may have been a spectacle).

Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:04 am

The power of Isshin's middle finger pwns Aizen. How epic. Take that all ye Aizen fanboys and fangirls.:thumb:

I have a feeling Kubo's got something big in store for chapter 400 in two weeks. Even the anime on that week is returning from filler to the Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra fight.

I am anxiously awaiting Gin's bankai.
Yamamaya

Postby Whitefang » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:59 pm

I think Gin finally decided Aizen was getting tired of him sitting on the sidelines while everyone else was getting owned.
"It's not easy to act in the name of justice."

"Justice is not the only right in this world"
Whitefang

Postby blkmage » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:08 am

Now I do not read Bleach anymore, but I read a general anime talk thread on another forum, and each week, spoilers for the Big Three shounen are posted and discussed early. That said, this week's Bleach spoilers are so hilarious that I need to mention it:
[spoiler]gin's shikai is a long sword

so his bankai is

an even LONGER sword![/spoiler]
blkmage

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:56 am

blkmage (post: 1386546) wrote:Now I do not read Bleach anymore, but I read a general anime talk thread on another forum, and each week, spoilers for the Big Three shounen are posted and discussed early. That said, this week's Bleach spoilers are so hilarious that I need to mention it:

What's even funnier is what Gin says to Ichigo
[SPOILER]ん]
Yamamaya

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 pm

I cannot wait to find out what his Hollow transformation is. A sword that is even longer than the longer sword? An even bigger sword? A sword that is both bigger and longer? The possibilities are literally endless, you guys. Literally.

Also, this is my favorite fan-created summary of recent events:
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews