Bleach Speculation (Chapters 300+)

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby goldenspines » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1351475) wrote:Although it would certainly break the mold if was a hothead with ice abilities.

Ichigo's hollow form has got pretty hardcore hair which absolutely pwns Toshiro's hair do.

http://viperslayer.net/vastolordeichigo/Ichigo_Hollow_by_Kuroi_Tsuki.jpg

...no, it does not pwn.

Granted, it's lovely and feathery, but it does not beat Hitsugaya's hair yet.

Also, for not reading the past ten or so chapters and suddenly reading the most recent one, I see I haven't missed much. ^_^
goldenspines

Postby ich1990 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:14 pm

Ingemar (post: 1351501) wrote:Also those... um... keratinized projections on the sides of his head lead to some rather unfortunate nickname potential.

No, I am not explaning it to you. Figure it out for yourself and once you do, keep it to yourself.

One thing that college has taught me is that everything, given a little thought, has unfortunate nickname potential. No matter what, you can't win. I don't blame Kubo Tite for not even trying.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:15 pm

Ichigo looks more like a thrash metal concert roadie than savior of the universe. Maybe if Aizen and Gin were in an indie band this would be a spectacular fight. With musical accompaniment, and Aizen puts his glasses back on, oh yeah.
Ingemar (post: 1351501) wrote:Ichigo's new hollow form is more hilarious than "B.A." Seriously. All that hippie hair and the obvious parallels to Goku's SSJ3 form (plus the gratuitous homicidal mania?) Also those... um... keratinized projections on the sides of his head lead to some rather unfortunate nickname potential.

No, I am not explaning it to you. Figure it out for yourself and once you do, keep it to yourself.
Oh.

Ho ho ho ho~.
Fish and Chips

Postby Garjzla » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:39 pm

Hollow Ichigo is cool and lame at the same time, i wish he did not have the long hair..
God+Anime+Internet+Forums=1337
"MOES: Where everybody knows your sig (because it's a reasonable size)."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:47 pm

-warns you all that he is still in Hueco Muendo, but has a general idea of what happens-
I will admit that I do like Hitsugaya, but that's mostly because he uses ice. Ichigo, on the other hand, I think is a fairly well-developed character, at least when you take out the "learns everything in three days" factor.

Renji, on the other hand, is by far the best developed character in the series.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:25 am

Ingemar (post: 1351501) wrote:Also those... um... keratinized projections on the sides of his head lead to some rather unfortunate nickname potential.

:lol:

Speaking of which, has anyone looked at the spoilers for this week's chapter?

[SPOILER]It appears that once again Kubo has gone A.D.D. on us and reduces Ichigo's BA level to let the Captains in on the fight. *sigh* [/SPOILER]

BTW thrash metal ultimate forms pwn.:thumb:
Yamamaya

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Woot!!!
Derek -The Daring Pokemon - A cool, totally awesome Pokemon that uses his power of song, medical skills and powers of cool to make others see things differently. He is not temperamental, but he likes to pull pranks and grins when you fall into his traps. Usually, he styles a fedora and prances around on all fours, he's all black with a white belly.

"Although I look into infinity. I only see the lords eyes, always shining upon my face and smiling in my heart. He will always be with me, no matter where I may go. Always watch over me lord. For I shall be eternal in your light."-Derek.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:01 pm

I'd have been disappointed if Ichigo was able to fight Yammi. He seemed barely stronger than the #6 Espada, beat #4 only because of a (presumably one-time) Hollow form, and except for the battle experience hasn't done anything to get stronger. Taking on #0 doesn't make any sense.

But I'm mainly here because I found something to contribute to the discussion:
uc pseudonym

Postby Garjzla » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 pm

^ win

and i totally agree with you there is no one for him to be able to beat #0, and if he wins just be "strength" then i will just sigh and think "why expect anything different"

that is the main pet peeve i have with bleach, the weird power matches and somehow ichigo always wins even though he should be the underdog and all that jazz
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Garjzla (post: 1351831) wrote:^ win

and i totally agree with you there is no one for him to be able to beat #0, and if he wins just be "strength" then i will just sigh and think "why expect anything different"

that is the main pet peeve i have with bleach, the weird power matches and somehow ichigo always wins even though he should be the underdog and all that jazz

Ichigo doesn't necessarily always win. He gets beaten around quite a bit before he actually comes up on top. He fought Grimmy three times before he finally defeated him and he fought Ulquiorra twice.

In addition, Ichigo tends to have problems fighting minor characters who should be quite easy for him to defeat, a la Priveron Espada.
Yamamaya

Postby Garjzla » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:21 pm

What do you guys think of the latest chapter?

i think it was cool in the end, in a way i was happy that ichigo did not just pwn yammy it makes more sense to have the other to captains do it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Garjzla

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:12 pm

*shrugs* It was okay but nothing special. Just a bit of build up.
I wonder if Yammy's hiero is somehow thicker around his neck than on his legs which is why Kenpachi was able to cut through his leg so easily.

I hope Ichigo actually manages to contribute to this fight but using his hollow form again. I'm not sure atm if it would be a good idea to let Unohana in on this fight. Kubo is seeming to be having trouble coming up with ideas for bankais.
Yamamaya

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:55 pm

Sorry for the double post. Has anyone read the spoilers for this week yet? It appears my theory has been confirmed.

[SPOILER]Ichigo has a chance of winning against Aizen because he has never seen him release his shikai. It was in shikai form the moment Ichigo fought against him, which means that his ability is useless against him. [/SPOILER]

Storywise, this is kinda poor writing but it's okay.
Yamamaya

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1354204) wrote:[SPOILER]Ichigo has a chance of winning against Aizen because he has never seen him release his shikai. It was in shikai form the moment Ichigo fought against him, which means that his ability is useless against him.[/SPOILER]
Plan B: Aizen uses bankai.

Which the way things go in Bleach will probably summon God himself as an impartial objector.
Fish and Chips

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:37 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1354205) wrote:Plan B: Aizen uses bankai.

Which the way things go in Bleach will probably summon God himself as an impartial objector.

Ichigo's plan B: Somehow he gains complete control over his uber hollow form that we saw him fight Ulq. with and he manages to unleash some sort of "OVER 9000" power that makes him the king of HM.

With Aizen's hax shikai, it's possible he doesn't even have a bankai since he could just fake one with his shikai.
Yamamaya

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1354207) wrote:Ichigo's plan B: Somehow he gains complete control over his uber hollow form that we saw him fight Ulq. with and he manages to unleash some sort of "OVER 9000" power that makes him the king of HM.
If this happens I will have absolutely no reason to continue reading Bleach.
Yamamaya (post: 1354207) wrote:With Aizen's hax shikai, it's possible he doesn't even have a bankai since he could just fake one with his shikai.
All captain-level Shinigami have Bankai. Kenpachi is the convenient exception because he defeated his own captain and all his men are fiercely loyal (including two who have already achieved Bankai, but kept it a secret simply so that they could continue to serve under his command). Besides that, Bankai seem to be the product of particular spiritual strength and finesse. If Aizen can stop Ichigo's sword with his finger alone, yes I am going to continue to bring up this panel until Bleach ends, there's no good reason for him to not have a Bankai.
Fish and Chips

Postby Whitefang » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1354209) wrote:If Aizen can stop Ichigo's sword with his finger alone, yes I am going to continue to bring up this panel until Bleach ends, there's no good reason for him to not have a Bankai.

Well, it could actually be explained why he doesn't have it, for example his Zanpakuto hates his guts like everyone else does (perhaps it's conflicted). I doubt this is the case, but anything's possible.
"It's not easy to act in the name of justice."

"Justice is not the only right in this world"
Whitefang

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Somehow, that someone of Mayuri's moral bankruptcy can have and master a Bankai that poisons people to death in mass droves, I can't see it being too much of a stumbling block for Aizen. Zanpakuto have always felt morally ambiguous to me, more in line with discovering the true nature of your blade than any particular moral alignment. While the idea of a sword that dislikes its wielder actually strikes me as kind of cool, it'd be a little later for Bleach to integrate that in my opinion.

I'm actually not that all fond of Bankai, personally (like a large number of things in Bleach, I think it's a great idea that simply got implemented poorly), but by this point, that even Aizen's mooks have Bankai and release forms they can bust out whenever they feel like it, that Aizen wouldn't would be a giant anticlimax, and I'd hope that Tite Kubo would at least have enough authorial integrity not to rush the final boss, even if he will invariably be defeated because Ichigo can power up for no reason.
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm a bit glad to see it confirmed that Ichigo never saw Aizen's release. Not because it makes it even more inevitable that he do the usual protagonist thing, but because it silences all the fans who argued that him stopping Ichigo's charge with one finger was an illusion.

That scene was the only time I was glad that I followed the Bleach anime. Aizen stops the irritating fight song, and that alone would have been enough to jump him near the top of my favorite characters list, if such a list existed.

On the topic of his Bankai, we should also bring up that he essentially claimed to have twice a normal Captain's reiatsu (when using the Hogyoku). And all of his speech about needing to go beyond the limits of a shinigami would be somewhat pointless if he hadn't even bothered to develop a Bankai. Hopefully Kubo has any idea what it's going to be, but at the moment I'm actually more interested in how Hollow powers work for the rogue Captains.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ingemar » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:10 am

Members in another forum mentioned that if Kubo wanted to be completely ungenerous, illogical and inconsistent (you know, the way he normally is) Aizen would be killed off by not-Ichigo before releasing his bankai. (And not-Ichigo would be someone we've never seen or heard of).

So how exactly can Ichigo win this fight? Blindfold himself while trying to cero indiscriminately? Lamentably his only battle tactics since Soul Society have been 1). fight until he gets stronger by means of "because the plot says so" 2). fight until someone stronger than him bails him out or 3). lose.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Here's how Kubo will pull it.

1. Ichigo switches to da beast hollow form as soon as ole Aizen unleashes his shikai. Since it never saw the shikai release=not affected by it.

In some ways, I want Bleach to end here, it's really run it's course. But I highly doubt it will end soon. I sense a King of the SS arc coming up real soon.

I think we can pretty sure Ichigo is gonna defeat Aizen sometime. Not even ole Kubo is so illogical that he's going to go against what he has been building up(note: building up in Kubo's language=a few chapters).

The current Bleach filler is also decreasing in quality now that it's just about a dozen characters trying to complete their respective battles.
Yamamaya

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Wow, I'm surprised so many people posted, especially UC. I thought this thread would have been avoided out of disgust.

For my part: Was that the foreshadowing of a new arc with Evil Mad Scientist Protagonist as an antagonist? If nothing else, I always thought it was horrible the Ishida had to pair with the guy who torture and murdered his grandfather.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:35 pm

I go through different periods with Bleach. Sometimes I go through periods of anticipation, other times I go through periods of disgust of how much it SUCKS lately.
Yamamaya

Postby Whitefang » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:03 pm

My fantasy ending?

Hinamori. Hidden Reiatsu. Bankai. Massive nuclear explosions in Aizen's general direction.
"It's not easy to act in the name of justice."

"Justice is not the only right in this world"
Whitefang

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:07 pm

Whitefang (post: 1354574) wrote:My fantasy ending?

Hinamori. Hidden Reiatsu. Bankai. Massive nuclear explosions in Aizen's general direction.

This.

Or Neliel pulling out a second release and opening a can of whup butt on Aizen.
Yamamaya

Postby GeneD » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1354207) wrote:Ichigo's plan B: Somehow he gains complete control over his uber hollow form that we saw him fight Ulq. with and he manages to unleash some sort of "OVER 9000" power that makes him the king of HM.

I honestly don't really expect anything else at the moment.

Fish and Chips (post: 1354237) wrote:While the idea of a sword that dislikes its wielder actually strikes me as kind of cool, it'd be a little later for Bleach to integrate that in my opinion.
Apparently in the anime the latest filler deals with something like this, but I'm not sure exactly about the plot and I kinda doubt it's any good anyway.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

^^

Postby Sebastian Michaelis » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:24 am

I would like the end to be something along the lines of all the captins bankais known and most of them injuried or imoblizied and captin comander with ichigo vs aizen and some how the fight spills into the royal courtyard or something were the shinigami king is and in the mess of the fight the royal guards are killed by aizen leaving him to fight ichigo , captin commander and the shinigami king ending with aizen dying but the captin commander dying as well.
I am simply one hell of a butler-FKA MajorArmstrong-
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators
Sebastian Michaelis

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Well I read the spoilers for the latest Bleach chapter. Once again it sounds rather crappy. There will also be a week off from Bleach for "research."

Yes Kubo better spend his researching time figuring out how to get Bleach back on track.
Yamamaya

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:47 pm

I am infinitely amused by the idea that Tite Kubo does research.
Fish and Chips

Postby mastersquirrel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:51 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1355596) wrote:I am infinitely amused by the idea that Tite Kubo does research.

What Fish said.

I've been keeping up with the Bleach manga all this time out of some underlying hope that it will eventually turn into something awesome again and, so far, I have been disappointed.

As for the newest chapter, oh wait. Nothing happened in the most recent chapter except we now know Ichigo didn't see Aizen's release. How wonderful.

GeneD wrote: Apparently in the anime the latest filler deals with something like this, but I'm not sure exactly about the plot and I kinda doubt it's any good anyway.

Some misplaced curiosity caused me to watch one of the recent anime episodes and I can confirm this. Apparently some of the swords are getting tired of their wielders and creating their own humanoid forms to wield themselves (I may be a little off in my assessment though). Strange, yet somehow not completely unexpected from this series.
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews