Hikaru (from Magic Knight Rayearth) is not a guy!

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Hikaru (from Magic Knight Rayearth) is not a guy!

Postby MillicentKnight » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:52 pm

I recently received the first volume of Magic Knight Rayearth. I let my friend read it and now she is convinced that Hikaru is a guy. She only thinks that because of the girls in her class teasing her by saying that she's cute for a guy. I think my friend has read way to much shonen ai...
I'd like to slip into something more comfortable....like a coma.

:bang: *points* This is me 75% of the time...
MillicentKnight

Postby Gypsy » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:43 am

MillicentKnight wrote:I think my friend has read way to much shonen ai...

Probably, that's the case. I've read all of MKR, and I assure you and everyone who is questioning ... Hikaru is a girl.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:59 pm

Yes, just a little to much. Hikaru is a girl, and to prove it is easy. On the back of the first manga it says that there are three highschool girls Fuu, Hikaru, and the other one, (sorry can't remember her name).
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby Asmi-chan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:38 pm

Hikaru from MKR a guy? Okay, so she is a bit of a tomboy, but still, that is just unthinkable. Oh, and by the way, the other schoolgirl was Umi.
Asmi-chan

Postby inkhana » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:40 pm

Well, I haven't seen/read it, but I was at Tokyopop the other day and previewed the MKR manga, and I can say that the whole notion is just plain silly... :eyeroll:

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Kisa » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:18 pm

You should check it out! I think its one of the best mangas I have read! I couldn't put it down and I almost cired at the end of the first series. Also, Hikaru is a girl! She wears a dress, likes Zagato's bro, and yea . . . She's a girl!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby kaze » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:42 pm

lol i never really liked Hikaru, (my fav character is Fuu) but Hikaru...a guy? :lol: i guess it's because she grew up around 2 older brothers...
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Postby Ranmei » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:10 pm

Heaven's Cloud wrote:Yes, just a little to much. Hikaru is a girl, and to prove it is easy. On the back of the first manga it says that there are three highschool girls Fuu, Hikaru, and the other one, (sorry can't remember her name).

Umi?

Bah, why on earth would anyone think Hikaru is a guy...?
Ranmei

Postby DK_Sol » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:08 pm

wow how can someone think Hikaru is a guy she's a girl. I read vol.1-5 of the Magic Knight Rayearths. It made me cry. :sniffle: But is okay I like Umi she's my fave girl character for that series; however, my fave character would have to be Ferio his so hot! :drool: Zagato, Lantis, Clef, and the others are okay but Ferio...
Clamps art is so pretty! ^.^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night, like a black veil descends now embracing the world around me.
I sleep, yet do not...
your presence is near.
You invade my every dream...
even when I am awake.

DK_Sol

Postby dillian » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:08 am

Hikaru is definitely a girl. If you watched the anime you'll see her transformed (there's a bit nude there... and you'll see why.) Also, there's this episode where all the girls go for a hot bath and somebody mentioned how beautiful Hikaru is with her long red hair (unbraided)... now who likes anyone to have a 'guy' in a hot bath?
"Nobody is good enough to save himself, BUT nobody is bad enough that God cannot save."
dillian

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews