Anybody like DragonBall?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Anybody like DragonBall?

Postby Kuroi Inu » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:43 am

Does anybody like the DragonBall manga(I don't mean DragonBall Z)? I think it's the funniest, most addicting, coolest light-hearted manga out there (despite the occasional dirty humour...*cough cough* vol. 6...And despite that it's world famous, nobody seams to like it. :sniffle:
Kuroi Inu

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:57 am

Hm. Sounds a lot like a thread I started a long time ago. But that's alright, this one is different enough that I think we won't be too repetative.

No. To answer your question. I've never really found it funny, and as such the dirty humor doesn't help any. Plus, I do like more action based anime.

I think the reason most people dislike Dragonball is because it is associated with DBZ. As an incredibly popular (and as such, overstretched) manga, people generally feel that they seem more like connoisseurs if they dislike it. Some people do have legitimate complaints.
uc pseudonym

Postby Karrit » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:21 pm

I enjoy both DB and DBZ and still do although I do not watch them all the time. There are a good many DB/Z fans out there, but for some it has been getting old. And then I confess I got a little annoyed with all the little kiddied talking nothing but DBZ (kinda like the Pokemon craze).

Still I love to watch the anime every now and then and erad the manga. Son Goku, Vegeta and Bardock are still among my favourite anime characters. Goku especially because I love his innoscence.
Resident Usagi-jin/Official Son Goku Glomper
Karrit

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews