Christian Manga

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Christian Manga

Postby Chibi » Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:21 pm

Hey everyone! I just stumbled across this site and think it's really nifty! :thumb: There needs to be more out there about Christian anime and manga! I'm doing my best to contribute with a couple little pathetic mangas, but I'm not above shameless self promotion! :sweat: Feel free to drop by my site and take a look! Click Here! Oh yeah, and please sign the guestbook and tell me what you think! ^_^ Thanks bunches!
~Chibi :dance:
Chibi

Postby inkhana » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:11 pm

You know, I started to click the link, and I stopped and looked hard at the avatar, and then realized I knew who you were! LOL I was at your site for a little reading late last night...:grin: I had all of the manga read except for the very last issue!

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Chibi » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:33 pm

LOL cool!! let me know what you think ^_^

~Chibi :thumb: :thumb:
~*~ "My external appearance is down 5%. Shion, I need to be cleaned." - KOS-MOS, XenoSaga ~*~
~*~ All this sorrow becomes me - Megatokyo ~*~
~*~ The Kitty Loves You!!!! ~*~
Chibi

Postby inkhana » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:37 pm

I thought it was cute! ^^ I especially love that missing restaurant business...that was funny, :grin: BTW, do you need hosting for your banner? Tripod won't let you hotlink..grrrrr....

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Chibi » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:57 pm

No thanks on the hosting! ^_^ I have Tripod, but I also have Streamload. I hosted the banner through Tripod because Streamload's servers were down, but they're up now so I changed it. Thanks anyway ^_^

~*~ "My external appearance is down 5%. Shion, I need to be cleaned." - KOS-MOS, XenoSaga ~*~
Chibi

Postby purplemoose » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:07 pm

pretty cute site o.k. manga

a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step
- chinese proverb
purplemoose

Postby Chibi » Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:32 am

purplemoose wrote:pretty cute site o.k. manga

Any comments on how I could make it better? Any and all criticism is welcome ^_^
Chibi

Postby Amenman » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:12 am

Give me, please, christians manga!!!!!!!!!
Amenman

Postby Amenman » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:14 pm

Look - http://www.nlljapan.org/Manga.htm

No other country has a manga culture similar to that of Japan. While in the West cartoons are mainly read by children, in Japan they are read by most every age group on any social level. About one third of everything published is in the manga form and a staggering 2,100,000,000 copies are sold every year. With an average thickness of 2 cm per book/magazine (in actuality it is probably more than that) these books, if stacked on top of each other, would make 11,122 mountains the height of Mt. Fuji. If stacked as in a bookshelf, they would stretch approximately 14 times the distance between Hokkaido and Okinawa. The awesome figure of 2,100,000,000 manga means that 16.6 copies for every man, woman, boy and girl are sold yearly. The three top selling ones alone have a total turnover of 10,000,000 copies every single week.

These enormous amounts of manga books/magazines are without doubt having a deep impact on this nation, and we know that their influence is not good. The majority of the manga are filled with violence and sex, and some deal with the occult. Evil forces are almost entirely dominating a widespread medium which in itself is not evil. What have we as Christians done to change the tide? The answer is: almost nothing.

What have we come up with as a countermeasure? The answer, unfortunately, is still the same. Only to a negligible extent have we made use of the powerful manga media. We have been sitting on the fence. While bookshelves and racks in convenience stores, kiosks and bookstores are filled with cartoon materials, there simply is not a Christian copy to be found. We just have not been able to come up with an alternative to all the violence, filth and dirt. Our absence from the scene of influence is screaming at us.

New Life League, Japan, in cooperation with others has decided by God's help to do something about this. After more than two years of ground laying work, the first four manga books are now on the market. A new publishing house, E-book Shuppan, has been formed. The plan is to flood all of Japan with this popular media - yes, even to reach Japanese overseas.

In order to reach this goal we do, however, need the cooperation of churches and individual Christians. We are asking concerned believers to become COMIC MEMBERS and commit themselves to using at least ten copies for their own personal evangelism. Even those who have never done any type of evangelism can certainly find ten people or more to whom they can give manga books!

We are also hoping to have the manga books published in several other languages. The book production will be stepped up considerably, and from 2004 the plan is to see the book production evolve into a monthly magazine publication. The harvest is ripe.

Life League, Japan 2003
Amenman

Postby hana » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:30 pm

http://www.psychoteers.com
another christian manga site
hana

Postby Gypsy » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:00 pm

You know that Psycho Ann hangs around here once in a while, right?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby inkhana » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:12 pm

It's right there on the main page. You have to click on the name of the manga you want to see; it doesn't say manga, it says comics.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Chibi » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:14 am

inkhana wrote:[color=darkgreen]It's right there on the main page. You have to click on the name of the manga you want to see]

heehee... Inky knows her way around my site ^_^

~Chibi
Chibi

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:28 pm

Chibi wrote:Any comments on how I could make it better? Any and all criticism is welcome ^_^

I had nothing to do with the comment that made you ask this, but I'm responding none the less. You do far better than I, but perhaps I could provide a few things:
1) Upon reading, I feel as though I'm being dropped into the middle of a story. It would read much smoother if there was more of an introduction, etc.This is the only serious one.
2) I would appreciate an important, non-villain male character. Or maybe not important.
3) Fight scene! But maybe that's just me. I mean a serious fight scene. Then again, there's a good chance that's not really the type of manga you want this to be.
uc pseudonym

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews