Di Gi Charat

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Di Gi Charat

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:14 am

Anyone else reading these?
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:13 pm

No...but I've seen the art before...there's a manga of it? Cool....
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:28 pm

Yeah, it's pretty funny. Not to mention cute. It's also a clean manga for the most part, but filled with things that someone new to anime or manga just won't understand. Things such as quotes or costumes from other anime/manga, or just off-the-wall stuff happening all the time. Once in a great, great while, they'll slip something in there that could be taken the wrong way, but overall it's good. My favorite character is Puchiko .. if you can't tell by my pic selection ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Benu » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:28 pm

I've heard of it! If you read megatokyo you have to have heard of it. But none of the anime are over here yet or at least in english. Maybe I should Pick up the manga instead of spending the money I was gonna spend On FLCL. Anyway if you have never been To Anime Gamers down in LA they are Represented By Di Gi Charat Just like the ones in Japan. The cool thing is right when you walk in there is a Huge Di Gi Charat Character Statue thing is cool because it's just huge... well it's not that big but I just love everything about that store too bad it's really far from where I live though. But It's worth the long trip.
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Spiritsword » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:04 pm

I have never read the manga, though I have glanced at it in a bookstore. Of course, I know the series through Megatokyo, like Benu. I think I'd enjoy the anime in-jokes. It would be cool to visit a Gamers store here in the US too. But as I live in Central Illinois, that one in LA is just a bit too far for me. I wonder if there are any others around the Midwest?

Spiritsword
Spiritsword

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews