Most Recent Manga you just bought?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby panegryst » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:14 pm

heh, another Waldenbooks visit today...

Sgt. Frog vol. 1
Naruto vol. 3+4
Azumanga Daioh! vol. 3
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby That Dude » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:29 pm

I recently bought Rurouni Kenshin vol 6
Yesterday I got Lament of The Lamb vol 1
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby MasterDias » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:01 pm

Rave Master, Vol. 10
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Riku777 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:23 pm

i can't wait till november so i can get .hack//lott 3!!! oh happy happy happy days :dizzy:
Adopted by Sammy-chu ^-^ *Wishes Sam*ron would come and visit sometimes*

Proud Owner of a limited edition Kaemmerite (AKA Nate) Plushi!!!

Mary had a little lamb.... AND THEN I ATE IT >:D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
Locke wrote:When life gives you lemons, make it into a blog and get comments. =/

Nate wrote:[color=black]Screw TNT: CAA Knows Drama.
[/color]
[color=#ffa500]"Thank you for killing this thread...
dragging it's poor comatose body into
the freeway....and allowing the trucks
of rabbits trails of offtopicness drive it
into the pavement. Please, feel free to
spit on it's skid mark remains.
You monster."
-Ark

[/color]
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
[color=lime](> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination... [/color]Or I'll eat you, all up. Mwahahahahaha
@_@All my base are belong to bunny@_@
[color=mediumturquoise]猿]
Riku777

Location: Where we live in Igloos, it's below freezing ALL the time and where we talk about the Hockey Lockout

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:08 am

Fruits Basket Volume 5!!! YEAH!!!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:49 am

Mangafanatic wrote:Fruits Basket Volume 5!!! YEAH!!!

It's out?!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:24 am

Well, not technically. As is stated in my signature, it's suppose to be released on the 12 of October, but-- I got connections. (In other words, I have five book stores in town, and between them all, someone usually gets it a a couple weeks early.) It's woooonderful!!!!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:36 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Well, not technically. As is stated in my signature, it's suppose to be released on the 12 of October, but-- I got connections. (In other words, I have five book stores in town, and between them all, someone usually gets it a a couple weeks early.) It's woooonderful!!!!

Image OSAKA!! That's so not fair!! I'm very jealous right now! Although, I'm glad that I read this before I got out of work, or I would have gone to Borders and been very sad ...
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:51 pm

You should call your boarders. They might have it!!!

Mangafanatic

Postby Icarus » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:27 pm

All I'm going to say is that I need to move to La-la-land.

Rave Master 1. I've read up to ten, but am now going back and buying them.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Kisa » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:25 am

How come where you live, they ALWAYS have the best mangas out like 2 weeks early?! *cries* I will have to call Walden's and Barnes and Noble here to see if its snuck in without my noticing . . . yea, we should all move to La La Land, where manga releases abound ^^'
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:17 am

It's just 'cause I got "da connection". Actually, I'm really surprised I got Furuba 5 this early (I got it from a book store that doesn't get manga until two months after its release date, so that was a little weird . . ) I guess my powers much be strengthening. I should start buying more than one copy and selling the extra to the less fortuneate.

Mangafanatic

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:14 am

I got the 1st detective Conan last week , and it rocks. I was actually pleasantly surprised to discover that the anime follows the manga very closely, though I guess they wouldn't have much of a choice, considering how intricate the cases are :).

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:10 am

I went crazy...

Prince of Tennis vol. 1
Legal Drug vol. 1
Chrono Crusade vol. 2
Fruits Basket vol. 5
D.N.Angel vol. 4

Ah the goodness....

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:34 pm

Huh, no one's bought Crest of the Stars? :shake:
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:36 pm

DNAngel vol 4! Woo-hoo!

Mangafanatic

Postby righteous_slave » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:40 pm

Finally got the Sept. Shonen Jump and picked up .hack/legend of the twilight #2 this week as well.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Neosevangel » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:20 am

Most recently recieved:
Tsubasa Resovoir Chronicle Vol. 1 and 2

On order (supposed to be delivered by tomorrow)
Inu-Yasha Vol. 19
Maison Ikkoku Vol. 5 (Empty Nest; second edition)
Neosevangel

Postby Kisa » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:48 am

DNAngel 4! WOOT! ^^
Kisa

Postby That Dude » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:40 pm

I just done got meself Rurouni Kenshin Volume 8 and Lament Of The Lamb Volume 2. I probably won't get any moe until next month..
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:40 pm

I just done got meself Rurouni Kenshin Volume 8 and Lament Of The Lamb Volume 2. I probably won't get any moe until next month..
That Dude

Postby oro! » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:01 pm

I just got Ruroken#7. It took foooorrrevvvverr to come. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But now that I got it..... it's so sad. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby MasterDias » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:44 pm

Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 7
Case Closed, Volume 1
Bleach, Volume 3
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby mai » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:01 pm

Imadoki vol. 1
D.N.Angel vol. 3
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:52 pm

Ah, Imadoki. Good manga.

Mangafanatic

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:58 pm

I have a copy of Crest of the Stars. :thumb:
They have a really hilarious scene that's not in the anime where Spoor is
giving Lafiel a very bad time of it after she picks them up. :lol:

As far as manga I bought most recently:
Scyred #1
Lupin III #1

I also found that Banner of the Stars is now out but didn't have enough
money as I was also buying my mom's birthday present and her and
my dad's Christmas presents.
mitsuki lover

Postby Kisa » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:38 am

Fruits Basket 5! Woot! ^^
Kisa

Postby Kai Nobuyuki » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:12 am

I bought Saiyuki vol. 3
Our Generation is in a spiritual warfare between Believers and Satan.

Pro-Life Youth Pledge

We are a loud and determined voice for Truth and Life in this culture of death. We stand on the truth of Jesus Christ whom all of our strength comes from. We stand for the protection of all human life from conception (fertilization) until natural death, with no exceptions, no compromise, and no apologies. We are fed up with the lies that MTV, Planned Parenthood and our government are pushing down our throats. We will no longer sit silently by as our generation is being systematically slaughtered through surgical and chemical abortion. This is OUR generation, these are OUR brothers and sisters and we commit to fighting for their lives. You will not silence our message, you will not mock our God, and you will stop killing our generation!

Verse of the Week: "As the body without spirit is dead, so faith without deed is dead." --James 2:26 NIV
Kai Nobuyuki

Postby mai » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:37 am

Imadoki vol.2
Poplar is soooo cute!!!
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Dr.Faust » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:11 pm

xxxholic vol. 11
Dr.Faust

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews