Most Recent Manga you just bought?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Most Recent Manga you just bought?

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:20 am

The most recent manga that I've bought was just today where I pruchased Cowboy Bebop Vol 1, FLCL vol 1, and Neon Genesis Evangelion vol 5
Hitokiri

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:26 am

Most recent comic books I bought were: Fruits Basket, # 09 and # 10. ^v^ It's so good! But I have no money again... :sweat:
RoyalWing

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:47 pm

Um, DNAngel v.3 and Fruits Basket v.4
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:54 pm

I bought Neon Genesis Volume 8, which is funny 'cuz I hate the anime but I love the manga. Also got Ai Yori Aoshi Volume 4, and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenoboshi 1. I'm waiting for Mahoromatic 3 and Megatokyo 3 (I know it ain't really manga but still...).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby soul alive » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:10 pm

Fruits Basket v.1 & v.2 purchased on saturday.
i was rather surprised to find that the local Barnes & Noble had almost no manga... one tiny revolving rack, and a new arrivals shelf... with maybe all of 30 different mangas on it... i guess i shall continue my quest for manga shopping elsewhere. hopefully there is more selection at Borders, or maybe Hastings (no online shopping is allowed for me).
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Lunis » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:24 pm

Shonen Jump last Saturday. ^_^
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby Lynx » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:47 pm

DN angel vol 2 and 3, and get backers 2.
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Icarus » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:35 am

Threads of Time, vol 1; Tsubasa 1, and Excel Saga 8. Interestingly, volume 7 isn't available to order at hastings.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby glitch1501 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:01 pm

planetes volume 3

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby mai » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:54 pm

vol. 3 of Pita~ten and Planet Ladder
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Japher » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:00 pm

mai wrote:vol. 3 of Pita~ten and Planet Ladder

I bought battle vixins volume 1 and 2
Japher

Postby oro! » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:32 pm

I bought Rurouni Kenshin # 6. Haven't had any more money since.^-^
oro!

Postby TroutNinja » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:18 pm

>_> <_< Legend of the Twilight 2, Naruto 4, One Piece 4.
TroutNinja

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:36 pm

Battle Angel Alita: Angel of Victory

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby noeleon » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:57 pm

trigun 2.
jesus wasnt born for christmas.
but was born for the cross.

"dont worry about the world coming to the end tommorow its alredy tommorow in Austraila"
charles shultuz creator of "peanuts"comic
noeleon

Postby Kisa » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:57 am

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle 2, Girl Got Game 1, and Legend of Chun Hyang 1
All very good too! ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Kisa » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:41 pm

Another recent buy was another Ah my goddess. ^^ (love this series)
Kisa

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:12 pm

Imadoki 1 and 2...Prince of Tennis 2 and 3...Buy three get one free sale at Waldens. ;)

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby mai » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:18 pm

Juvenile Orion vol. 4
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Kisa » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:13 pm

I will hopefully have more soon! There is a sale on manga at Waldens when you buy 4 you get the 5th free! It goes til Sunday for all you interested, and hopefully I will have 5 more to post! ^^
Kisa

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:40 pm

I can't find four together than I want to buy. It would be a cool deal if I did, or if I had some friends who wanted to buy some manga. Then, we could go in together. I guess I just have bum luck, in that none of my friends really like manga. Dang.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kisa » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:37 pm

I think I am gonna get some of the AMG manga I don't have and then maybe Imadoki and . . . yea I'll look, lol. >_<
Kisa

Postby Riku777 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:53 pm

.hack//legend of the Twilight 1 and 2
Adopted by Sammy-chu ^-^ *Wishes Sam*ron would come and visit sometimes*

Proud Owner of a limited edition Kaemmerite (AKA Nate) Plushi!!!

Mary had a little lamb.... AND THEN I ATE IT >:D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
Locke wrote:When life gives you lemons, make it into a blog and get comments. =/

Nate wrote:[color=black]Screw TNT: CAA Knows Drama.
[/color]
[color=#ffa500]"Thank you for killing this thread...
dragging it's poor comatose body into
the freeway....and allowing the trucks
of rabbits trails of offtopicness drive it
into the pavement. Please, feel free to
spit on it's skid mark remains.
You monster."
-Ark

[/color]
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
[color=lime](> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination... [/color]Or I'll eat you, all up. Mwahahahahaha
@_@All my base are belong to bunny@_@
[color=mediumturquoise]猿]
Riku777

Location: Where we live in Igloos, it's below freezing ALL the time and where we talk about the Hockey Lockout

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:14 pm

I'm gonna read all of Imadoki before I buy it. I do need to buy the first two volumes of DNAngel and my collection is sadly lacking in the CLAMP department. Maybe I'll get some of those. Who knows.

Mangafanatic

Postby Riku777 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:36 pm

wish there were some manga stores in vancouver...

Locke wrote:When life gives you lemons, make it into a blog and get comments. =/

[/color]
You monster."
-Ark

[/color]
(\_/)
[color=lime](> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination... [/color]Or I'll eat you, all up. Mwahahahahaha
Riku777

Location: Where we live in Igloos, it's below freezing ALL the time and where we talk about the Hockey Lockout

Postby panegryst » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:39 pm

they had this 'buy 3, get one free' deal at Waldenbooks, so I got:

Naruto vol. 2
Azumanga Daioh! vol. 1 and 2
Chrono Crusade vol. 1
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:18 pm

Riku777 wrote:wish there were some manga stores in vancouver...

Manga is now sold (even in its most minimum quantity) at most normal book stores. You don't have to go to a specialty store.

Mangafanatic

Postby Twilly Spree » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:26 pm

Hot Gimmick vol. 6
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Riku777 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:31 pm

oh yay that's good... they're just not sodl in Squamish... lol. oh well a trip to the city doesn't take very long.

[/color]
You monster."
-Ark

[/color]
(\_/)
Riku777

Postby Kisa » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:57 am

WOOT!
OK yesterday at Walden's I got the first two vol of Imadoki (really like so far), Kenishin 1 and another Ah my goddess for my collection! YAY!
Also I got a Trigun wallscroll that they had there ^^
Kisa

Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews