What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Re: What Manga are you reading?

Postby shooraijin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:28 pm

This is another shojo-ridiculous manga in which historical figures like Oda Nobunaga are transformed into bishonen

Yikes.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:23 pm

So, I know that I haven't posted a proper update in ages again and that I really should do that at some point here soon, LOL; however, I just wanted to drop in real quick right now to say:

The Royal Tutor (a.k.a. Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine) manga is an absolute delight, and I heartily recommend it! <3 :hug:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Lady Arianrod » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:29 pm

I believe that someone mentioned Vanitas no Carte. I just started that manga too. It's interesting! I love the art.
Lady Arianrod

Postby Yak_Forger » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:59 am

I've recently read the first volume of Otoyomegatari, a manga about life in 19th century Central Asia by an author who visibly is fascinated by this region and era. It's a masterpiece through and through, with gorgeous drawings and sympathetic characters! The cultural norms are different from ours, but they don't come from someone's weird imagination, but from actual, real-life historical practices.
Yak_Forger

Postby Lady Arianrod » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 pm

I agree, Otoyomegatari has excellent art. I believe that the same author created Emma, which is also excellent.

I just completed the latest Vanitas no Carte chapter. I re-read the Death Note manga as well.
Lady Arianrod

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:08 am

Been working on my Japanese with Artelier Collection: Shitateya Koubou, which is super super fun and I wish they would make an anime out of. Whoever's in charge of deciding that a manga is popular enough for an adaptation made an extreme oversight.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Lady Arianrod » Wed May 22, 2019 10:07 pm

It looks like a great manga! I will check it out. :) I have been reading Tokyo Ghoul and Vanitas no Carte lately.
Lady Arianrod

Postby agasfas » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Currently reading Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 135.
agasfas

Previous

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews