Any Goths in the house?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Any Goths in the house?

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 am

I know, it's been forever since I posted. During my absence, I realized and accepted my identity as both a Believer and a Goth. Are there other bats here? Anyone else appreciate the sound of artists such as The Cure or Siouxsie and the Banshees?
K. Ayato

Re: Any Goths in the house?

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:27 am

You've got me thinking back to my power metal phase, when I thought Nightwish was the best thing ever. Does that count? Then there's Saviour Machine, a Christian metal band that got so Gothic that the CCM industry pushed them out of their stores.

Not that I don't love me some Ministry, though. Or Depeche Mode... occasionally.
Davidizer13

Postby shooraijin » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:32 pm

I don't self-identify as goth, but there's a couple Joy Division albums around here.

My wife, however, objects to the classification of Depeche Mode as goth. :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:23 am

Gotta give Cruxshadows a shot as well.
K. Ayato

Return to Jam Session