Christian music anyone?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Christian music anyone?

Postby Zeke365 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:01 pm

if your looking for some good Christian music then I my able to help I know several artist and have their CD's but the only ones I wont expect are heavy rock, medal, or screaming music since I do not have any of those types of music feel free to ask.
Zeke365

Re: Christian music anyone?

Postby Furen » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Are you asking if anyone wants to expand the collection, or if people have a collection?

I have a bunch of Christian artists in my library (pretty well all of it)

I pretty well listen to anything, what I like I like, and what I don't, I don't. I don't know my genre tastes :/
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:14 am

^This. I am so bad at identifying genre and which ones I'm supposed to like/not like. I hear a song and I'm like...hm, I like that. Then I hear another song by the same artist and I'm like "Ew, that's awful."
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:45 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Then I hear another song by the same artist and I'm like "Ew, that's awful."

I'm so bad when it comes to that....
I'll say "I'm not into this song," then it's my friends favourite song...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Tommy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:26 am

The best way to get into Christian music is to google "Tooth and Nail" Records and check out every band that has ever been on their roster.
That's where all the classics are.
Tommy

Postby SisterHipster » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:36 am

Pop/rock, metal, rap/hip hop, crunk, and occassionally some contemporary worship will be a part of my group.
SisterHipster

Postby Rose Faerie » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:13 pm

I mainly listen to stuff that's similar to what my church plays, since that's what makes me happy.
Rose Faerie

Postby Kaori » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:47 pm

Wow, what an old thread . . . <.< >.>

Anyways.

Rose Faerie wrote:I mainly listen to stuff that's similar to what my church plays, since that's what makes me happy.

Nothing wrong with that! Image What kind of music does your church play?

Not sure if this is your church's musical style, but have you ever listened to David Crowder Band? I like their Church Music album fairly well, particularly "Phos Hilaron (Hail Gladdening Light)." Which happens to be based on a song that we sing at every Saturday vespers (evening service), and one of the oldest hymns of the Christian Church, which is really neat!

I was about to say I don't listen to a lot of church music, and it's true I don't listen to it all that often (outside of church), but then I remembered that I do, sometimes, listen to some CDs I have of chants and hymns we use in the Eastern Orthodox Church. (E.g. Rachmaninov Vespers.) More broadly, that gets into the category of sacred choral music (masses, etc.), which was probably NOT what the OP was talking about, but if you want to get into that, there's tons of it out there.

I also have a pretty decent collection of the kind of Christian music the OP was probably talking about (i.e. pop, rock, etc.), mostly various kinds of metal, rock, and pop-rock, with a dash of industrial and electronica.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Rose Faerie » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:59 am

Basically, my church plays stuff in the style of Bethel Music. I'm really bad with genres, so I don't really know what type that is.
Rose Faerie

Return to Jam Session