Musicians you relate to

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Musicians you relate to

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:28 pm

I was just wondering if people have musicians they relate to, or you feel inspired by. Mine would have to be Kate Bush, And Neil young, Kate bush because I've always wanted to be able to express myself in a lot of different ways, like she does, she dances and sings and writes her songs with storys of things she herself have experienced in someway. I've just always thought it was cool to be able to express yourself in not just one way but many., I also love her subjects of her songs, and the music it self! lol. Neil young because of the lyrics they have always really hit me.
Anyway who are the musicians that inspire you?
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby armeck » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Adam Young, Mike Herrara, Matt Thiessen, Tome Delonge, Mark Hoppus. oh the list goes on
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby rocklobster » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Tom Petty: The guy seems to have a certain honesty in his music. And it's very relaxing.
David Bryne (I think that's how you spell it): He made the Talking Heads the icon they are today.
Bono: Yes, the guy has a big ego. But, he also doesn't keep his faith under a lampshade. He may not be as diehard as some of those Christian rockers out there, but he is very outspoken.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Aaron Weiss and Regina Spektor. :D
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby armeck » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 pm

the frontman of arcade fire (who's name escapes me)
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Well, this is the only musician I really feel like I know enough about to say, or that hasn't disillusioned me with some scandal or further knowledge. And it feels super-fangirly to say, but....

Vic Mignogna.

This is one of the most famous and popular voice actors in our little niche, and he just so happens to be Christian. Not only that, but he's vocal about his faith, tells anyone who shows interest about how he came to know Christ. He's also absolutely the nicest person I've ever encountered - so humble and so wonderful to his fans, but also just to every single person he meets. He's a great witness to the gospel, and a wonderful inspiration.

As if that wasn't enough, he taught himself to play the piano by ear (beautifully), and has an amazing voice, both when he's recording for an anime character and when he's singing.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to Jam Session