Christian UTAU Alliance!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Christian UTAU Alliance!

Postby TheMewster » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:27 am

I'm downloading UTAU! (Yes, even though I do not know nor understand Japanese, I'm doing it anyway. While my download is prodding along slowly, I figured I'd ask if there's any Christians on here who use UTAU and want to make Christian music! People who know Japanese and can make Christian J-Pop are especially needed. With your help we can reach this unnoticed community as territory for Jesus Christ!!!

Edit:Never mind on this. The download is so slow it's not even worth it. :(

Edit:I actually downloaded the installer and it said that UTAU was not a valid application or something like that. I guess that's God's answer on the subject of UTAU.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:25 pm

what is this I don't even

*goes to wikipedia*

?
Does this mean guys can sound like Miko Hatsune?
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby R86 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 pm

UTAU is somewhat tricky to install -- I wasn't able to do it without finding various wiki pages and following the often convoluted directions. The installer is indeed in Japanese and several other things had to be tweaked to get it to work.

And it was even harder to uninstall -- in fact it left one of those registry artifacts that I cannot locate, and I am stuck with that until I get around to using a registry cleaner. Not a big deal as it doesn't cause any errors or anything, it's just annoying.

I actually went in the Vocaloid direction, since I couldn't find any UTAU voice banks that served my purposes. I have since then heard some that are pretty good, but I prefer my possibilities with the Kagamine twins and the English Vocaloids Tonio and Prima.

I guess you could say I'm doing Christian music, but it's so far only classical stuff, since that's all I know. I also have past experience in sequencing orchestral music using Finale, so adding Vocaloid vocals is a very natural extension.

I've been writing about what I've been learning in my deviantArt journal, which is not necessarily the most appropriate place. I do eventually hope to branch out into something in a more popular vein, but until I'm familiar enough with the software, I'd rather stick with what I know.

UTAU is nice because it's free. :) Don't give up just yet as installation roadblocks seem common with this software.
R86

Postby TheMewster » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 pm

I got it but it wouldn't install for me. Alliance disbanded.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Return to Jam Session