??

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

??

Postby Sebastian Michaelis » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:17 pm

I wasn't sure where to ask this but, I like Gackt but what worries me is there is this other Japanese band that sings about the devil and I don't know if Gackt does the same thing.... Should I really even be worrying about this? what are your guy's thoughts on this ? thank you in advance for your thoughts ^_^
I am simply one hell of a butler-FKA MajorArmstrong-
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA moderators
Sebastian Michaelis

Postby Dr.Faust » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Sebastian Michaelis (post: 1502925) wrote:I wasn't sure where to ask this but, I like Gackt but what worries me is there is this other Japanese band that sings about the devil and I don't know if Gackt does the same thing.... Should I really even be worrying about this? what are your guy's thoughts on this ? thank you in advance for your thoughts ^_^

Most Japanese are agnostic or atheist or some kind of eastern religion so if their singing about that kind of stuff the normally don't mean it they just think its cool to say. But I'm a huge black metal fan and two of my friends are Satanist so you might not want to take my word:lol:
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby Kaori » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:31 am

When it comes to what lyrics you should or should not listen to, that’s a matter of conscience that no one else can answer for you, so why don’t you try reading translations of his lyrics if you’re concerned about what the content is?

Anime Lyrics has a decent database of J-pop and J-rock lyrics; here’s their page for Gackt. That might give you a starting point. Anime Lyrics doesn’t have every single one of his songs, but I’m sure you can find more of them by doing an internet search.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby seaglass27 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:06 am

Dr.Faust (post: 1503007) wrote:Most Japanese are agnostic or atheist or some kind of eastern religion so if their singing about that kind of stuff the normally don't mean it they just think its cool to say. But I'm a huge black metal fan and two of my friends are Satanist so you might not want to take my word:lol:

Your username also throws a bit of doubt on your knowledge of this sort of thing, Faust.
seaglass27

Postby Sebastian Michaelis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Kaori (post: 1503065) wrote:When it comes to what lyrics you should or should not listen to, that’s a matter of conscience that no one else can answer for you, so why don’t you try reading translations of his lyrics if you’re concerned about what the content is?

Anime Lyrics has a decent database of J-pop and J-rock lyrics]Gackt.[/url] That might give you a starting point. Anime Lyrics doesn’t have every single one of his songs, but I’m sure you can find more of them by doing an internet search.

turns out i read some of the lyrics for Gackts songs and i find them to be alright thanks for your input btw ^^
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Sebastian Michaelis

Postby Sebastian Michaelis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:50 pm

And thanks to everyone else that posted ^_^
Sebastian Michaelis

Return to Jam Session