Internet Radio

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Internet Radio

Postby Edward » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Does anyone else here use internet radio stations like Pandora or Jango? I use both Pandora and Jango, (In fact, I'm using Pandora right now) so I can switch if one starts playing bad songs, or if I run out of skips on Pandora. Those are pretty much the only ones I know of. Does anyone know of other, better stations?

I like how it (usually) plays what I want, and you can customize your stations. But that doesn't always work, for either Pandora or Jango. Does anyone know of any internet radio stations better than those two? I like Pandora's vast music collection, pre-made genre stations, and customizability, but it can be hard to make a good station. Jango is easier to use and doesn't have commercials that interrupt the flow of music, but sometimes seem to play the same things, and doesn't have nearly as big a collection as Pandora. Perhaps there is an internet radio station that has the best of both?
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:34 am

Yep! I use Pandora! Don't know if there's any others.
Here's a tip: Don't use Pandora if you want to get j-pop. Its selection isn't all that great. However, there are lots of internet radio stations that play j-pop and anime music. If you like, I can direct you to some.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:17 am

I use Pandora sometimes. Mostly when I'm studying on-campus, away from my stereo.

It must be a quirk of my blocker set up, but I've never heard any ads on Pandora.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:25 am

Tried Live 365 and Last FM?
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Xeno » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 am

Digitally Imported (http://www.di.fm) and Sky FM (http://www.sky.fm) here. I listen to DI's Vocal Trance station almost constantly.
Xeno

Postby Furen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:53 pm

I use the radio toolbar when I decide to open IE, I don't know if it can be on any other browser

I like listening to the american christian station I finally found, as I only have one christian station here, so it's good to mix up :)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Danderson » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:45 pm

If you're into any type of Christian Rock (hardcore, hard rock, alternative, metal, progressive, etc) you will love TheBlast.FM

While it's not a custom station, it plays stuff you will not hear on most typical christian stations....even Christian rock stations...

What I love is not only does it play recent hits by popular christian rock bands (Skillet, RED, Disciple), but it also plays more obscure bands that most people have never heard of (Echoes the Fall, Fades Away, I Am Alpha and Omega)....best yet...you can hear old hits as well (especially from groups like Falling Up, Anberlin, and Demon Hunter)

I fell in love with this station 4-5 years ago....and I still am in love with it....

Give it a try....
Danderson

Return to Jam Session