About a Burning Fire

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

About a Burning Fire

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:27 pm

Hey Blindside's new album, About a Burning Fire is out now!!

What's your thoguths on it. I tihnk it's thier best one yet, I deifently love the songs: All of Us and Shekina :thumb:
Hitokiri

Postby Kkun » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:49 pm

I can't wait to get it...how's it stack up against A Thought Crushed My Mind?
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:05 pm

from my point of view, a Throught Crushed my Mind was thier worst so not that good
Hitokiri

Postby Kkun » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:12 pm

Really? I loved A Thought Crushed My Mind...it was just straight up hardcore. Oh well, I know I'll like AABF too.
Kkun

Postby Kkun » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:33 pm

Well, I got AABF tonight and I love it so far. One minor lyrical qualm on "Hooray, It's L.A." but it's no big deal after you read the context. Especially because that song has such a great message. Blindside's great. 'Nuff said.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:14 pm

I thought ATCMM was better then any of there stuff. Silence was good...in fact I think Silence was better then About A burning fire. I like the new cd...I just think it sounds rushed. The lyrics are not as good as other Blindside cds. I was not impressed. The song hooray LA made me sad. I listen to music that has nasty language...so thats not a beef of mine. But when you curse just to be cool...thats lame. Its as bad as Creed with Whats this life for...simply trying to give them a bad boy image. I found it silly. The song is not even that good....Overall I would give there new cd a 5/10. I hope they do better next time.
Stephen

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:25 pm

I havn't listened to the entire c.d.

I tihnk th eonly reaosn i like the new one is track 3 and 4 (All of us and Shekina) those ar ejust two buetifully written and sung .... songs :sweat:
Hitokiri

Postby Kkun » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:46 pm

I've listened to the whole CD several times now, and it's frustrated the heck out of me. I love the music. It's great, however, it's the lyrics. I think lyrically the songs that are good are really good. Like All Of Us, Eye Of The Storm, When You're Gone, Die Buying, Where The Sun Never Dies, Shekina, and the title track, are all wonderful lyrically, IMHO. I think they're great as far as reverence toward the Lord. They're about depending on Him, loving Him, acknowledging Him, Heaven, etc. Hooray, It's L.A. even has a good message despite the no-no word (which wasn't even that bad, but it's still there). I was disappointed by Across Waters Again since Across Waters is one of my favorite Blindside songs ever. Why am I frustrated? Because the lyrics on the good songs are really good, and the lyrics on the songs that have little teeny blips are still mostly good. I just wonder why they sold out the lyrics A LITTLE bit despite all of the good messages on the CD. I think it's a great CD though, I'm not disappointed by the project as a whole. I wish they'd done better on Across Waters Again and Hooray, It's L.A. I hope they do better next time, and I pray God will be able to use them still.

Okay, so that was my eight and a half cents.
Kkun

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:39 am

oh i just read the lyrics for Accross Waters Aagin

Naer the end it says "Making love in the Sunday afternoon sunlight." When you first read it, you may know what it is referring to. However, it could possibly be in another context not associated to sexual meaning.

It could just mean expressing love to another or possibly to God (however it's a wierd way of how they put it :eyebrow: ).

My fav blindside album was thier first one (or this one).
Hitokiri

Postby Kenchii » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:59 am

I got there Silence CD, I can't wait til I get AABF. Blindside rocks.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby redkorn » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:41 am

ok i bought it, its so awsome, though i kinda exspected more
redkorn

Return to Jam Session