Music Tastes :)

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Music Tastes :)

Postby thegaber » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:11 pm

so I'm wondering what is every ones musical taste on this site is my taste can range from the earliest of classical music to pop. I like to sing so my favorite type to sing would have to be songs out of my hymnal because I think my voice is better in the classical style. With the trumpet i like classical, hymns, some jazz ,but because i have timing issues i get frustrated at playing this and sense I'm in a high school band i also like playing pep music. I guess this thread is mostly asking what is your favorite genres to listen to and if you sing or play an instrument what do you like to play. oh if there is a better place for this plz let me know thanks :)
thegaber

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:41 pm

This is better suited in the music section.

My favorite is hip-hop and soft songs.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Metal, punk, and folk.

Once again, this is better in the music section.
Yamamaya

Postby Edward » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:53 pm

I listen to a variety of styles. Depending on how I feel, I'll listen to metal (mostly thrash, symphonic metal, power metal, some melodeath and other kinds), alternative rock, punk, metalcore, post-punk and gothic rock, and I'm starting to like hip-hop too. I like some classical music. The only kinds of music that I don't really listen to are country, jazz, 'world' music, and some other stuff, and I'm sure I could find stuff there that I like. There's probably some other genres that I am forgetting that I like/would like.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:02 pm

As I've said, I like a little bit of everything. My main music genres are alternative, Christian rock, and Classic Rock.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Wallachia » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:03 pm

I like pretty much everything, although I tend to find I dislike most of the rap I've heard.

My favorite musical genres would be Electronica (Trance, Dance, and some Techno), Jazz, Classical music, and Soundtrack (Film Scores and Orchestrated VGM). Though really, I have plenty of other genres I frequently listen to and genres I can't name, so it's hard enough to pick favorites.

Wallachia

Postby ashfire » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:45 pm

I listen to a mixed radio station so I have a variety to like. I have found some of the music used for AMVs
ashfire

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Shouldn't this be in the Jam Session?
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:09 pm

K. Ayato (post: 1488728) wrote:Shouldn't this be in the Jam Session?

It's remarkable how a mod hasn't come in here and moved it.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Furen » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Ferb (post: 1488730) wrote:It's remarkable how a mod hasn't come in here and moved it.

There are only so many doing so much at the same time, they work so hard for us :)

Anyway, I like most genres but I prefer Rock and Pop more.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby MrKrillz0r » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Metal, Hip Hop and Dubstep is what I listen to. I tend to like some techno/trance as well.
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby ADXC » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Ferb (post: 1488730) wrote:It's remarkable how a mod hasn't come in here and moved it.

Wow dude, give the mods some slack. They have lives too. Yeah this does belong in Jam Session, but don't get antsy. The Mods will fix it.

Anyway, my taste can be found with my playlist.
http://www.playlist.com/playlist/21304985867
ADXC

Postby Tamachan319 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:41 pm

I listen to...just about everything. Mostly Christian rock/pop when I want something with singing....and pop, electronic, and metal too. I really love songs that are acoustic (guitar or if piano counts, piano), if that counts as a genre. When I don't want something with singing, I love classical and soundtrack music (mainly stuff w/ orchestras). I play the flute, and I used to be able to play the piano. I still sort of can, but I stopped taking lessons...so it's not very good.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby SSJ3Goku » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:31 pm

What you'd catch me listening to would be either:

1) Music from my favorite Anime (Dragon Ball, Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, etc)

2) Rock music (Three Days Grace, Daughtry, David Cook)

3) Tokusatsu music (Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Power Rangers)

4) Specific Japanese artists (Hironobu Kageyama, Psychic Lover, JAM Project)
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

The list of Anime I'm currently watching, or have watched: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku
SSJ3Goku

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Moved to Jam Session :)
I liked a variety of music myself.
-Christian Rock/Contemporary/Worship
-Some Japanese artists, but it depends on the group
-Techno
-Soft Rock
-And whatever genre the Fleet Foxes fall under :P
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh, and Phineas and Ferb songs. They always have that feel of variety.
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:46 pm

Power metal!!! Also like melodic, melo-death, folk, symphonic, progressive, thrash, and classic heavy metal.

Rock is cool too..

I'll listen to anything but generally only buy stuff from the above genres as that's what I chose to listen to when I have an option.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:07 pm

The vast majority of what I listen to is country, but I like stuff from other genres as well.
Ferb (post: 1488927) wrote:Oh, and Phineas and Ferb songs. They always have that feel of variety.

I love a lot of them, too. My favorite is probably 'Spa Day', partly because I laughed so hard when I first heard it. XD It still amuses me.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby bakura91 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:48 pm

I listen to alot of Heavy Metal and Rock. I love 80s Hair/Glam metal but I also like new stuff as well. My favorite rock bands are Kiss, Stryper, Ozzy Osbourne and Motley Crue. I also like The Ramones, Bon Jovi, Skillet and Dave Mustaine. I also like some Rap(but not the autotune stuff I cant stand that) and Country(But not some of the new pop-ish stuff, I like the old Outlaw Country!) Basically I like a wide variety!
bakura91

Postby thegaber » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Wow thats awesome great variety here. Im sorry about where i posted this I thought i looked for the right place but i couldn't find it. but im glad it was moved.
thegaber

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Metal, and hardcore.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:41 pm

I like at least a few songs in just about every main genre, but my favorite is rock. Rock of any kind, really. Generally speaking, and not counting classical music of course, I mostly like music made from the '90s onward, not before.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby armeck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:57 pm

punk (Relient K, Blink-182, Bowling for Soup ect.) house/rave/trance/happy hardcore/eurodance (to most people all of those genre's would be simply considered "techno" band i like from that genre would be basshunter, daft punk, special D, ect.) i like post hardcore, (A Day to Remember, boxcar racer, ect.) power metal (i used to listen to way more power metal than i do now, i like the bands, dragonforce, freedom call, power quest, ect.) i like some metalcore, (august burns red, asking alexandria, for today, ect.) i listen to a little bit of pop-rock (matchbox twenty for example) i listen to some nu metal (linkin park, p.o.d.) and i listen to quite a bit of synthpop (owl city, joy electric, breathe electric, the white tie affair)
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Return to Jam Session