Songs you hate by bands you like

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Songs you hate by bands you like

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:17 pm

It happens. Sometimes your favorite bands will put out a song you don't like. So, let's see what you come up with.
Here's some from me:
B-52s: "53 Miles West of Venus" and "Downtown" (yep, it's a cover of that song"
Beatles: "I Am the Walrus"
Red Hot Chili Peppers: "Porcelain" and "If"
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Phantom_Sorano » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:59 pm

B-52 : Love Shack....I cannot tell you how much I HATE that song...

...that's the most significant one.
Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
"All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits and one man in his time plays many parts."-Will Shakespeare
@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
Phantom_Sorano

Postby Xeno » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:26 am

The list is far too long for me to put them all in here, but I'll list a few:
Mae: the entire Singularity album
OceanLab: "If I Could Fly" and "Come Home"
Pillar: "Shine", "Reckless Youth"
Rob Thomas: "Real World '09" (primarily because it's a tease, I was hoping for a remake of Matchbox Twenty's Real World)
Matchbox Twenty: "How Far We've Come"
Thousand Foot Krutch: "Fire It Up", "E for Extinction", "Hand Grenade"
Armin Van Buuren: "Wall of Sound"
Xeno

Postby armeck » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:40 am

Faking my own suicide by relient k
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Well, that's kind of hard to remember, because I usually don't keep the songs I don't like, y'know? :P

But I do remember that Linkin Park, still my favorite band, had the track "In Between." It's not horrible, and I'm fairly excited about Mike Shinoda singing, but that song just...didn't sound very good, I think.

I'm also fond of Good Charlotte's early work (Good Charlotte, The Young and the Hopeless, and The Chronicles of Life and Death, mainly), but I do not like "Keep Your Hands off My Girl" >_< Ew.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:26 pm

Xeno (post: 1482824) wrote:Mae: the entire Singularity album

YES. That album was such a travesty. XD Brink of Disaster is okay, and the demo version of Crazy 8's isn't bad at all--the album version is terrible by comparison. XD But the rest of that album was just so bad, and it's good to know that the band knows it. XD The subsequent break up of Mae and their recent reunion (followed by a hiatus) brought a lot of good things with (M)orning, (A)fternoon, and (E)vening, so it was really nice to see the whole story come full circle with songs like Bloom. I ended up attending one of their Goodbye, Goodnight shows, and needless to say, they didn't play a single song from Singularity. XD Mae is one of my all-time favorite bands, but man, if that isn't the worst album I own. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:57 pm

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1482881) wrote:I'm also fond of Good Charlotte's early work (Good Charlotte, The Young and the Hopeless, and The Chronicles of Life and Death, mainly), but I do not like "Keep Your Hands off My Girl" >_< Ew.

Lol, I love that song. What is wrong with me!? :lol: Seriously, I like some weeeiiirrrd stuff man.

Hm, songs I hate from bands that I like? Is it sad I can't really think of that many...um, um...

"Welcome to My Life" - Simple Plan. Loved the song as a kid, find it overly emo now. I don't know why.

"American Idiot" - Green Day. Another one I liked as a kid, but find kind of annoying now.

"Jesus of Suburbia" and "Give Me Novicane" - also by Green day. I just never liked these two, they annoyed me.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:11 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1482951) wrote:"Welcome to My Life" - Simple Plan. Loved the song as a kid, find it overly emo now. I don't know why.

"American Idiot" - Green Day. Another one I liked as a kid, but find kind of annoying now.

I know what you mean; I feel kind of the same way, only not as strongly. But I still kind of like "American Idiot" for Weird Al's rendition :lol:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:21 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1482951) wrote:"Jesus of Suburbia

LOL I remember this song from, oh, 9th grade. XD I always thought the opening lyric was "I'm the son of Asian love." XDD I feel like it would've been an even better song that way. XD

Good times. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby armeck » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:01 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1482951) wrote:Lol, I love that song. What is wrong with me!? :lol: Seriously, I like some weeeiiirrrd stuff man.

Hm, songs I hate from bands that I like? Is it sad I can't really think of that many...um, um...

"Welcome to My Life" - Simple Plan. Loved the song as a kid, find it overly emo now. I don't know why.

"Jesus of Suburbia" - also by Green day.

i like those songs! lol.

i don't like sky diving by owl city
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Furen » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Lion-O by Relient k
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Psycho Molos » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Furen (post: 1487080) wrote:Lion-O by Relient k

Thunder, thunder, thunder...Thundercats, Ho!??
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Tarnish » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy, by Queen. Errrrggghhhhh. It doesn't help that I had to listen to it SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW on my last road trip.
Tarnish

Return to Jam Session