Marisa stole the precious Metal!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Marisa stole the precious Metal!

Postby Yamamaya » Wed May 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Yup, there is a metal remix of that famous Touhou MAD about Marisa stealing the precious thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4ZQ_3Dw86M&feature=autoplay&list=PL4BF5198F14EEC8A5&index=2&playnext=1

I find the sheer amount of remixes of Touhou music to be amazing, especially the metal remixes. And entire metal/rock bands basing their songs around Touhou.

Use this thread to post or comment on your favorite Touhou remixes.
Yamamaya

Postby Kaori » Thu May 26, 2011 8:30 am

That was pretty awesome, and the interminable playlist you linked just became my new study music; I really love the combination of metal with the electronica/VGM feel. The pieces in this playlist are mostly consistent in their quality, so there’s nothing that really stood out as being head and shoulders above the rest, but Touhou Metal/Rock 21 and Rock 27 are a couple that I liked pretty well, and Touhou Metal/Rock 34 is pretty nice, too.

On a similar note, although it’s not Touhou, the band Animetal comes to mind. They do metal versions of anime theme songs, like [url= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bm-nhnd0Nk ]“A Cruel Angel’s Thesisâ€
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby blkmage » Thu May 26, 2011 9:49 am

Not really a fan of metal, but the only Touhou metal group that I kind of like is CROW'SCLAW, although I like their TYPE-MOON stuff more than their Touhou stuff.

My absolute favourite Touhou group is Kishida Kyoudan and the Akeboshi Rockets. Unfortunately, they were picked up by a major label some time last year, did the OP for Highschool of the Dead, and haven't released anything since.

I also really like Tokyo Active NEETs. Their arrangements are more jazzy but not always jazz. And then there's marasy, who does really good piano arrangements of Touhou, Vocaloid, and occasionally anime songs.
blkmage

Return to Jam Session