David Crowder Band to Disband

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

David Crowder Band to Disband

Postby TWWK » Mon May 23, 2011 8:58 pm

David Crowder Band is preparing for it's final tour. Apparently, the members are just ready to do different things.

It's sad to hear from a fan perspective (though I'm of course glad that each feels good about the decision). Such a cool band with such great musical style, and lyrics that I think evolved from a bit annoying to amazing and multi-layered.

Do y'all have a favorite DCB song? There are so many favorites for me, but the one that stands out most is "Wholly Yours."

I am full of earth
You are heaven’s worth
I am stained with dirt, prone to depravity
You are everything that is bright and clean
The antonym of me
You are divinity
But a certain sign of grace is this
From a broken earth flowers come up
Pushing through the dirt
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Sheenar » Mon May 23, 2011 9:14 pm

I'm not sure of the title, but I love the one that goes:

"Oh, how He loves us so
Oh, how He loves us
How He loves us so"
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Dr.Faust » Mon May 23, 2011 10:02 pm

You are my Joy
O Praise Him
Never let go

other then that i've never been a big fan.
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby Okami » Tue May 24, 2011 9:40 am

Remedy was the song that I received my call to ministry to....it will always have a place in my heart. <3

"Oh I can't comprehend, I can't take it all in, never understand such perfect love come for the broken and beat, for the wounded and weak, oh come fall at His feet, He's the remedy, He's the remedy! He is the One who has saved us, He is the One who forgave us, He is the One who has come and is coming again, He's the remedy!"

I would also second "How He Loves Us," which is the song Sheenar mentioned.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Yamamaya » Tue May 24, 2011 10:02 am

They're the only praise band that I can actually say that I enjoy their music.
Yamamaya

Postby blkmage » Tue May 24, 2011 10:26 am

I think A Collision ruined most other praise and worship albums for me. That is how you make a praise and worship album. I'm pretty sad, but I'm glad that they're going out like this, elaborately planning six albums since the beginning and then stopping instead of dying a slow, repetitive death.
blkmage

Return to Jam Session