music you've found through searching for anime

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

music you've found through searching for anime

Postby ABlipinTime » Sat May 14, 2011 8:21 pm

I don't know about you, but I stumble upon a lot of things when I go looking for anime. Sometimes it's art, sometimes games, but alot of times music. Maybe just because I'm looking for it or something.

The music I've found maybe from anime itself, e.g. Kotoko's "Being":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZNjSBgSWW0

partially related, e.g. East New Sound:
http://e-ns.net/works/
(just fyi, in case you haven't heard, Touhou has anime, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q56qAJaOPCw&feature=player_embedded)

used in an AMV, e.g. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' False Pretense:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA1NDA5MTQ4.html
(which, btw, is the best AMV I've ever seen. It got me to watch the show and turned out to be half the quality IMO, lol)

or completely unrelated.
For this I can't give any examples because they're so unrelated, I've forgotten which ones I've found this way.

So...
What music do you guys find while looking for anime?
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 14, 2011 8:47 pm

The only one I can really think of is Radiohead. XD I had known who they were for quite some time, but had never taken the time to listen to them. When I watched Ergo Proxy, however, I sort of fell in love with Paranoid Android, and went searching for more of their albums from there. Best thing anime ever did for me. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ich1990 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:09 pm

This AMV got me into Final Fantasy music, some of which is good and some which isn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejW9NM2B9fY

If you haven't seen Giant Robo, this AMV should be all the excuse you need.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 21, 2011 11:41 am

I don't think I've ever really discovered an artist or anything like that directly from an anime. I mean, I fall in love with the soundtracks of course, but I never end up looking into other things those artists have made. It does make me chuckle, though, that the composers for my two favorite animes (not counting FMA: Brotherhood), Michiru Oshima and Ko Otani, both composed music for games made by Fumito Ueda. (Oshima-san did FMA and ICO, and Otani-san did Haibane Renmei and Shadow of the Colossus.)

Anyway, I'm not sure this counts, but it's kind of indirectly related.... From watching FMA, I discovered, and became a fan of, Vic Mignogna (who voices the main character Edward Elric, for those who don't know). Possibly his second-most-popular role is Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club. While I've never seen the anime and have no desire to change that, when I heard his English version of Tamaki's character song...I don't know. I blame it on Vic's amazing voice, but I really do like this silly song: "Guilty Beauty Love"

Mostly, though, the music I discover via anime comes in the form of AMVs. A lot of AMVs don't do that, either because I already know the song or because I don't find the song that appealing apart from the visuals. But these are some songs I discovered by watching AMVs, and now listen to often (heheh, you asked for it :evil: ):

"This Is War" by 30 Seconds to Mars

"Hollow" by Submersed (This AMV actually introduced me to the band Submersed, which is very cool but unfortunately disbanded after only two albums. The two songs featured in this AMV are, in my opinion, their very best.)

"True Faith" by Anberlin

"We Are" by Ana Johnson

"Battlefield" by Blind Guardian (I can actually credit this AMV with making me a fan of heavy metal :grin: Blind Guardian is still one of my favorites, though I like Theocracy a tad more....)

"A Modern Myth" by 30 Seconds to Mars

"I'll Attack" by 30 Seconds to Mars

"Gravity" by Sara Bareilles

"A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton

"Tomorrow" by SR-71

"Unforgiven II" by Metallica (the only Metallica song I've ever liked)

And, most recently, I found this awesome song:

"Dialysis" by It's Alive

So yeah. Hopefully I've introduced some good songs to someone with all this ^_^
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Edward » Sat May 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Serial Experiments Lain introduced me to Bôa (the indie band from England, not the Korean singer).

They did the opening song. Here is the full song.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Return to Jam Session