Manchester Orchestra: Simple Math

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Manchester Orchestra: Simple Math

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 11, 2011 11:14 pm

So it's officially been out for two days now. Who's rushed out to the store to buy this incredible album (or maybe you preordered it, or downloaded it two weeks ago, or both)? I, for one, have been immensely enjoying it. Mean Everything to Nothing is one of my all-time favorite albums, and Simple Math is coming pretty close in musical quality and lyrical content. Here's a link to a youtube video of the title track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkkeHpzs0lI

It's difficult to find a song on this record that I don't love. Like Mean Everything to Nothing, it's got a good mix of powerful rock songs (see Mighty and Pensacola), as well as slower, more thoughtful songs (Simple Math, Leaky Breaks). Also can we just discuss for a minute how awesome Virgin is? Because it's completely awesome.

Anyways! Discuss! And if you haven't heard this album yet, get out there and snatch it up! It's very much worth it. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby That Dude » Sat May 14, 2011 10:53 am

I'm going to have to check this one out, because, though I thought Mean Everything was good, I honestly thought it was a little over hyped, but I've enjoyed Virgin, and this sounds like a good mix of the two from the few songs I've heard of it.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to Jam Session