Mumford & Sons

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Mumford & Sons

Postby ADXC » Sun May 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Mumford & Sons is a new modern folk band from England who is really growing on me. Simply put I love their music from the start but then as I listen to their lyrics I fall into even more love with the group.

What are y'all's thoughts?

Also what are your favorite songs of theirs?

Mine are Little Lion Man and Roll Away Your Stone.
ADXC

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 am

I really love Mummford & Sons.

My only complaint is that despite being a very enjoyable and catchy band, they don't have as much staying power as I would like. I typically have to take a long break from them after listening to their album, unfortunately.

Great sound and lyrics overall, though. I am looking forward to anything they put out in the future.
Cognitive Gear

Postby bigsleepj » Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 am

They played one of their songs on the radio, the one known as The Cave, and was automatically hooked beyond reason. I went out and bought the CD, and listened it too much, probably, in a short time. Because I heard it first I liked The Cave, though I think Roll away your Stone is my favourite now. Might do an AMV on it, should I feel the inclination.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby That Dude » Mon May 09, 2011 3:41 pm

I always love me some Mumford & Sons...

I really dig "White Blank Page" and "Thistle And Weeds." Of course the whole album is good, but these are some of the standouts to me.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby ADXC » Wed May 11, 2011 12:09 am

I also like Sigh No More and Dust Bowl Dance.
ADXC

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 11, 2011 4:36 am

I've listened to Sigh No More several times now, and something about it just doesn't grab me. XD I really like specific songs (Little Lion Man is terrifically catchy), but I can't bring myself to like the album as a whole. It's not a bad album, just not one of my favorites. XD Odd, considering I love that style of music. I guess when it comes to folk, I tend to lean more towards the M. Ward style, not that I don't appreciate both. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby SnoringFrog » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:06 am

My friend was playing them when I walked into his dorm one day, and then I kinda randomly picked up their CD in Target one day and I love it. My favorite songs are probably The Cave and Little Lion Man.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Return to Jam Session