Sirius XM Users?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Sirius XM Users?

Postby Xeno » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:59 am

Anyone else here subscribe to Sirius or XM satellite radio? I'm an XM subscriber and I have to say that I think the programming has gone downhill since Sirius bought them. They axed The System which was the best electronica station ever (6 hours of Zoltar? You can't beat that) and replaced it with Electric Area which seems very jukeboxish. Like no one is actually controlling what is being played. BPM went from being progressive trance to being just remixes of current pop hits, The Move got merged with the old BPM and birthed the new one. XM Chill is basically elevator music now. A total of 5 on air stations were condensed to 3 plus a disco station only available online.

Most of the rock stations got shuffled around and restructured, or just vanished completely. Now all that's available are very broad spectrum stations. Can't say anything for the country stations or the pop stations aside from The Pulse (which seems to be on the exact same programming as SiriusXM Hits).

Anyone else feel the same? Think I'm making a big deal out of nothing? Think satellite radio isn't worth it?
Xeno

Return to Jam Session