What's your favorite music genre?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

What's your favorite music genre?

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:27 am

I know this thread may existed already, but I noticed it's not updated that much with new posts

So.....

What music genres you like? Pop, Rock, classical, gospel, you name it.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby jsav777 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Metal, rock, classical, celtic; anything that sounds cool on guitar. just not country or pop-autotuned stuff
jsav777

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:55 pm

I like Indie (I guess thats what they call it) folk, classic rock, electronicia, chiptune, gypsy punk, jazzz, blues
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Midori » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:06 pm

My favorite genre of music is Music.
Midori

Postby Xeno » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Progressive House, Progressive Trance, Chillout Electronica, Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, Soft Rock, Folk Rock, whatever stuff from the 40s and 50s can be considered.
Xeno

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Whatever sounds good.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Country music is definitely what I hear the most, and I like a lot of it. I like what's coming out now, and what was coming out decades ago.

The guys in my house tend to listen to old rock n' roll, and my Mom sometimes enjoys classical music, so I hear those things often too. I like stuff from both.

I've heard a smattering of music from groups in other genres (like Superchick) and found songs I liked.

I like songs from old musicals too, and some cartoon shows as well. The LOTR movies and How To Train Your Dragon had awesome music too.

So I have stuff I like, but I'm game to give other things a listen. :)
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby armeck » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:50 pm

punk, techno, synthpop, power metal
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:34 am

I like some music from every single main genre except jazz, and I generally don't like oldies either. I've even found some country songs I like. Overall, though, my favorite genre is rock (of all kinds).
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Sapphire225 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:51 pm

I like Jazz, Techno, Oldies (specifically classic R&B from the 60s-80s), Classical and some rock. Just not any Heavy Metal and Bluegrass. I'm not really a fan of Country either.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Tue May 24, 2011 2:37 pm

I like pop, some rock, classical, gospel, latino, ska and other music that it happy and catchy.

But not a fan of Rap, Metal, nor mainstream music, especially if is autotuned.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 28, 2011 6:46 am

I mostly like Christian and Alternative.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TopazRaven » Sat May 28, 2011 6:53 am

Hm, rock and country I guess? I'm really starting to like some Christian bands as well. I'm not good with this whole genre thing. If it sounds good, I just listen to it.

Edit: Lol, I just realized I already posted in here awhile ago. Whoops! :lol:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby ABlipinTime » Mon May 30, 2011 12:55 am

I have to be in the mood for certain things. e.g. I like rock, I like classical, but I would hate a rock song to follow Beethoven. Sorry, not working for me.
Otherwise, I can pick out what's nice in pretty much anything, except Screamo. The closest I can get to that is "Won't be fooled again" by The Who
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon May 30, 2011 6:41 am

Techno! And classical. It's even better when the two are combined. C= Though, I DO love rock music as well... I love it all! But Techno will always be the best.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon May 30, 2011 9:12 am

I'll always be a '90s rock kid. Music was so much better then.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon May 30, 2011 11:28 am

I like just about anything if it's melodic and doesn't have stupid lyrics. Not a big fan of most modern "mainstream" stuff that you hear on the radio. I also never really warmed up to rap of any kind. Sometimes it's okay, but...eh. There are other things I'd much rather listen to. Like rock, old standards, musicals, jazz, pop rock, techno, and so on and so forth.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Return to Jam Session