Do you like Heavy metal/screamo?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Do you like Heavy metal/screamo?

Postby Magicman7200 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:30 pm

title says all but I do like it because many bands are very christian like
the devil wears prada and august burns red :rock:
Magicman7200

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:56 am

Well depends, what would you classify Screamo as? Because yes i like metal, metalcore,deathcore,death metal, hardcore,trancecore, Symohonic metal, power metal, speed metal. I can't say screamo is much of a genre anymore, alot of the bands i though were "Screamo" are actually a softer form of metalcore. But to answer your question yes i do ^_^
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:17 am

Metal... yes... Screamo/metalcore... no. I do like death and melodic death metal but that sounds a lot different than screamo/metalcore melodically. I'm a big metal head though... death metal, folk metal, power metal, melodic metal, symphonic metal, classic metal, progressive metal, thrash metal... can't stand screamo/metalcore stuff though at all... I like my music to have some kind of melody.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:16 am

Yup, I like heavy metal. I always get confused when people start talking about all the subtle differences between subgenres, but I thiiiiink my favorite kind is symphonic metal. *shrug* My favorite heavy metal bands are Theocracy and Dragonforce. I like the waily singers XD :rock:

And I'm not sure about screamo, but I think I probably like certain songs of that genre (a safe thing to say, because I have very eclectic tastes :grin: ). Is this screamo? If so, I like it (it has a long intro, but the screaming starts up eventually):

"It Is Love" by The Heel, the Serpent
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Okami » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 am

I've been in a Josh Dies kick as of recently. Never really liked Showbread before, but taking Josh's solo (The Aesthetics of Violence) and then recognizing the lyrical genius of his works, I've come to really appreciate his work as a musicianary (I think I spelled that right?) and I have one of his poems framed and hanging on my wall now because every time I read it, I'm reminded of Christ's love. :)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby MrKrillz0r » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:18 am

Yeah I'm love it! Metalcore is probably the genre I listen to the most. ^^
MrKrillz0r

Postby armeck » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:32 pm

i like an occasional screamo song, but i don't listen to it a lot, i like it when bands sing and then scream in the middle to add an effect, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8hhUAYYSVw
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby rocklobster » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:15 pm

I've dabbled in heavy metal every now and then, but I usually like the more "classic" stuff.
Bands I like:
Ronnie James Dio/Between Heaven and Hell/Rainbow
Scorpions (are they metal? They sure have that sound)
Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne
Blind Guardian (only because they sing songs about Tolkien and such)
Rhapsody of Fire (only because they sing songs about dragons)
Led Zeppelin (they started the whole thing, believe it or not)
Chimaira
Anthrax
GWAR (the "Spinal Tap" of screamo. They're really more of a parody act)
Spinal Tap (granted, I've only watched the movie)
The Damned Things (new Metal supergroup. It's got Anthrax, Every Time I Die, and Fallout Boy all rolled into one band. I love supergroups!)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Lol... GWAR... I really can't stand GWAR at all but their old talk show interviews were hilarious. The host may try to ask serious questions and stuff and they'd give the funniest replies. They're awesome at improv.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Koshka » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:23 pm

I listen to "Southern Metal" xD

Texas In July, Once Nothing, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

Regular metalcore is great too, I like August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying (er, some of their stuff), Inhale Exhale, Haste The Day (mostly their older albums), The Devil Wears Prada.

All bands listed above are Christian bands.
The user formerly known as Colonel Sanders

[color="Cyan"]"Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD, turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." -Proverbs 3:7-8[/color]

My Deviant Art
Koshka

Postby That Dude » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:34 pm

I do love me some metalcore, metal, hardcore, screamo and all of the above. I'd list a bunch of bands, but I think I'll hold off on that for a bit, because it could get pretty long.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Koshka (post: 1465238) wrote:I listen to "Southern Metal" xD

Texas In July, Once Nothing, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

Regular metalcore is great too, I like August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying (er, some of their stuff), Inhale Exhale, Haste The Day (mostly their older albums), The Devil Wears Prada.

All bands listed above are Christian bands.

I wouldn't call texas in july a southern metal band. The are way more metal core. I don't know i can only judge it on one album XD

GrubbTheFragger

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 am

armeckthefirst (post: 1465134) wrote:i like an occasional screamo song, but i don't listen to it a lot, i like it when bands sing and then scream in the middle to add an effect, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8hhUAYYSVw

That was really cool! Punk rock, but still very cool! :grin:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Magicman7200 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Texas in july is pretty heavy in my oppinion just saying
Magicman7200

Postby jsav777 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm

I used to listen to alot of deathcore, death metal; bands like Becoming the Archetype, The Famine, As They Sleep. They're all good and I listen to them now and then, but now I like lighter screamo like Attack Attack!, Of Mice and Men, In Fear and Faith, the devil wears prada, ect. I used to absolutely love Showbread, but their newest album ruined it for me. The title said heavy metal so I'm going to assume that means any kind of heavy metal, because I love Stryper too.
jsav777

Postby BlueDiamonds » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:20 pm

I do. ^-^ I love the Color Morale's lyrics, but their guitars need some major work. Becoming the Archetype is good.....Underoath.......Haste the Day....A Plea for Purging.....Emmure.....A bunch of stuff.
Ipod Shuffle: The Letter Black: "Hanging On."
BlueDiamonds

Postby armeck » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 pm

jsav777 (post: 1466638) wrote:I used to absolutely love Showbread, but their newest album ruined it for me.

i like the new direction they are going. i think it wold be good if the brought back the old style a bit but this new stuff i absolutely love
armeck

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:55 pm

BlueDiamonds (post: 1466641) wrote:I do. ^-^ I love the Color Morale's lyrics, but their guitars need some major work. Becoming the Archetype is good.....Underoath.......Haste the Day....A Plea for Purging.....Emmure.....A bunch of stuff.

A Color Morale is awesome, there new stuff is great. They aren't trying to reinvate a genre by guitar work they have just made a almost pich perfect breakdown laden album. And Emmure :( not a fan sorry

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Syreth » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:40 am

the_wolfs_howl (post: 1465012) wrote:I always get confused when people start talking about all the subtle differences between subgenres,

Me too! But more angry than confused. There are few things more annoying than describing a band you like to someone, and they're all like, "hurr, that is not a metal band, that is a scream-post-death-weasel-core band." Now I usually just resort to being really specific, like describing guitar and drum rhythms and vocal style, or describing a group in really general terms.

In any case, I appreciate almost all forms of metal, but usually judge each band on its own merit.
Syreth

Postby Nami » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 am

I do listen to some metal music, though I'm not clear on the whole; "Its this kind of metal!!" thing. I just like it. I'm into Disturbed mostly, and I do enjoy some screamo. And bands that mix screamo into their lyrics. Those are awesome.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby armeck » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:22 pm

I actually like it when people get VERY speicific with the genre. It helps me know what kind of band it is without listening
armeck

Postby AtmosBreak » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:55 pm

I don't really know much about all the subgenres and stuff, it gets a little too confusing for me and yeah, I get lost. If I like it, I like it, and that's all there is to it. But yeah I do enjoy screamo and rock metal although I try to research the bands a little before I start listening to them. But I love it when bands mix screamo with clean vocals, as in like not screamo xD.
[INDENT]
"'You are the light of this world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lamp stand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.'

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Light Club"
[/INDENT]
AtmosBreak

Postby Magicman7200 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:28 pm

AtmosBreak (post: 1470556) wrote:I don't really know much about all the subgenres and stuff, it gets a little too confusing for me and yeah, I get lost. If I like it, I like it, and that's all there is to it. But yeah I do enjoy screamo and rock metal although I try to research the bands a little before I start listening to them. But I love it when bands mix screamo with clean vocals, as in like not screamo xD.

yeah I mean all sub genres in general death metal/ metalcore/ deathcore/ heavy metal ect. and I research all the bands I listen to its not bad to see the band info. oh and I think that screamo is good with clean vocals like A day to remember
Magicman7200

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:03 pm

ugh, hate to be that guy but ADTR is not screamo they are a metalcore/ there own genre Popcore band XD

GrubbTheFragger

Postby armeck » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:56 am

Adtr is litterally pop punk and metal core. But their genre can simply be called "post hardcore"
armeck

Postby Magicman7200 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:56 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1471046) wrote:ugh, hate to be that guy but ADTR is not screamo they are a metalcore/ there own genre Popcore band XD

well i didnt mean all screamo I just said they have some screamo in their songs
Magicman7200

Postby TGJesusfreak » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:55 pm

lol I honestly cant stand most screamo. I like hard Rock metal and most everything else... but when they start burping-screaming (as my dad would call it XDDD) I'm like =/ er... no.

HOWEVER I do like a few screamo songs here and there... Such as:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPviF7Wp_bw
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Ella Edric » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:16 pm

TGJesusfreak (post: 1471788) wrote:lol I honestly cant stand most screamo. I like hard Rock metal and most everything else... but when they start burping-screaming (as my dad would call it XDDD) I'm like =/ er... no.

^ my thoughts exactly. Course... TG is my brother....
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Postby armeck » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:06 am

TGJesusfreak (post: 1471788) wrote:lol I honestly cant stand most screamo. I like hard Rock metal and most everything else... but when they start burping-screaming (as my dad would call it XDDD) I'm like =/ er... no.

showbread doesn't like it when they get called screamo lol
armeck

Postby Vega » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:44 pm

My favorite metalcore bands are Inhale Exhale, As I lay dying, Becoming the Archetype and Demonhunter.
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Next

Return to Jam Session