A musical poll!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

A musical poll!

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Let's see how varied the musical tastes are on here. As for me, I mostly prefer Alternative, Classic Rock, and Christian.
(Note: I configured the poll so that you can answer with multiple genres if you wish)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:00 pm

I voted country, rock, classic rock, and classical. I'm thinking of branching out after checking the radio stations in my area, though, so maybe I'll have more informed opinions soon. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:05 pm

I voted, rock, classic rock, Christian, and classical. :)
Ella Edric

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Where's the Pop option? And Jazz? New Age? Techno?

Also "Christian" IS NOT a genre of music.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby rocklobster » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:07 pm

That's what other is for, Shiroi. And Christian is a genre of music, according to Wikipedia.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:09 pm

"Christian" is not a genre, it is a signifier. You can have Christian rock, Christian country, and Christian pop, and Christian blues. So "Christian" is not a genre because it can be added to any genre.

This is like the whole "shoujo is not a genre" thing. Shoujo is not a genre. You can have shoujo action, shoujo romance, shoujo slice of life. You can have seinen action, seinen romance, seinen slice of life. Shoujo and seinen are not genres, and neither is Christian.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:12 pm

I would have voted other if the option was there before. XD
Ella Edric

Postby MrKrillz0r » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Christian Hip Hop/Metal. ;) (I simply voted for Hip Hop/Metal, not the "Christian" thing)
MrKrillz0r

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Metal and rock :rock:

And I sort of agree about Christian not being a genre... Christian doesn't technically have a sound... or shouldn't anyway... although today, it has kind of morphed into it's own sound of bland crappiness called CCM :P It's not exactly rock, alternative... anything... it's just kind of there and sounds like... well if they were singing about anything else, they wouldn't be selling any records sounding like that ^_^ But yeah, Christian isn't a genre... if all songs had no lyrics, you'd never tell secular from Christian. You'd still be able to recognize rock, blues, metal, country etc etc etc.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:30 pm

well if they were singing about anything else, they wouldn't be selling any records sounding like that ^_^

Zing!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:04 pm

Classical, Classic Rock, Pop and New Age (also known as 'Other'). I did not vote Christian because A) most of it is terrible and I refuse to listen to it and B) it's not a genre.
Atria35

Postby Okami » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:09 pm

I've always considered "Gospel" the Christian genre of music, that's how I order my itunes, all Christian music whether rock/metal/pop/rap/etc gets classified as Gospel. I'm going to go through next and label it through the subgenres of rock/metal/etc. next. That takes quite some time, though...eep. So it'll be "Gospel - Rock" for example
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby blkmage » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:12 pm

I thought that last.fm would be able to aggregate tags or something of all the stuff I listened to, but I guess not. Well, let's see, I guess post-rock, post-hardcore, shoegaze, electronic, jazz, and the occasional trek back to pop.
blkmage

Postby SAVEDbyGRACE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:13 am

i like rock bands like relient k, house of heroes, 5 iron frenzy, new found glory, kutless, system of a down etc!
[SIZE="1"]"But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."[/SIZE]
SAVEDbyGRACE

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:32 pm

I chose everything except for Classic Rock and Country, because my tastes are rather eclectic :)
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:57 pm

♫I voted other, because the music I like spans almost all genres, excluding hiphop an rap.♪
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Return to Jam Session