Anberlin

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Anberlin

Postby BlueDiamonds » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:19 am

So, I went to see Anberlin last Thursday (Stephen Christian shook my hand. ^-^) and I have to take back what I said about DIAWLIAP. I didn't really like the album when it first came out (cause this is freakin' Anberlin!), but it grew on me after a bit. But after seeing Anberlin actually perform the same songs just blew me away!

What do you guys think about the release? Have any of you guys had this experience with other bands?
BlueDiamonds

Postby SAVEDbyGRACE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:03 am

hm the last anberlin cd i bought was cities, haven't really paid attention to their newer stuff
[SIZE="1"]"But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."[/SIZE]
SAVEDbyGRACE

Postby BlueDiamonds » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:49 pm

You would probably like it. It's more ballad-mid tempo rock than anything else. The only thing that's relatable to Cities would be: "We Owe This To Ourselves", "Take Me (as You Found Me), and Pray Tell.
Ipod Shuffle: The Letter Black: "Hanging On."
BlueDiamonds

Postby WhiteMage212 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm

LOVE pray tell! and Art of War. Espcially with a nice set of headphones on :D
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby BlueDiamonds » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:37 am

Totally! Stephen writes amazing lyrics. I just wish they did something different with To The Wolves. I think that song could've been one of my favorites if it had more bite to it.
BlueDiamonds

Postby Koshka » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Art of War is probably my favorite song on the newest album, but no song (by any band) comes close to replacing Godspeed as my favorite song of all time :D
The user formerly known as Colonel Sanders

[color="Cyan"]"Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD, turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." -Proverbs 3:7-8[/color]

My Deviant Art
Koshka

Postby BlueDiamonds » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Ever heard of Imaginary Enemy by Circa Survive? That cuts it pretty close in my book. XD Yeah. Godspeed is definitely one of my top favorites. I get shivers everytime I listen!
BlueDiamonds

Postby Koshka » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:20 am

I just listened to it now for the first time (In fact, it's also the first time I've listened to Circa Survive). Their vocalist is quite talented. The song reminds me a lot of Ivoryline.

[color="Cyan"]"Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD, turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." -Proverbs 3:7-8[/color]

My Deviant Art
Koshka

Postby BlueDiamonds » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:27 pm

I've only heard one song by Ivoryline-Hearts and Minds, so I might not have the correct view of how they actually sound.

Yeah, I tend to enjoy guys with higher voices like that. They usually end up being talented like Foxy Shazam. I wanted Paul (If you watch American Idol) to sing a song by Circa Survive just once before he left. XD, But that probably won't happen anytime soon. Do you have a certain "type" that you listen to?
BlueDiamonds

Postby Koshka » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:39 pm

I listen to pretty much anything that isn't country (ironic, considering my southern roots xD). But my favorite style is like a tie between alt rock/punk and indie. My favorite band is Anberlin, but all I've really been listening to lately is Silversun Pickups' Carnavas album. I also am into electronica/techno, I even make techno music :P

My Deviant Art
Koshka

Postby BlueDiamonds » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm

I love Silversun Pickups! ^-^ I love their Subsitution video. What kind of techno music?
BlueDiamonds

Postby Koshka » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:17 pm

BlueDiamonds (post: 1466639) wrote:I love Silversun Pickups! ^-^ I love their Subsitution video. What kind of techno music?

This kind.:dance:

My Deviant Art
Koshka

Postby denimwriter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 am

I FREAKIN' LOVE ANBERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they're the band that has inspired a story that I'm writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just abbout to post a thread asking if anyone knew of a japanese band similar to anberlin!
denimwriter

Return to Jam Session