Anberlin -- Dark is the Way, Light is a Place

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Anberlin -- Dark is the Way, Light is a Place

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:03 am

So you guys. I'm sure you are all aware, but Anberlin has a new album coming out September 7th. And it's going to be awesome. And I have a link for all of you. XD Here is a link to a free download of one of their new songs, "Pray Tell." It's pretty amazing, you guys. I'm stoked. XD

This new album is going to be seriously excellent. XD You can hear two other new songs, Impossible and We Owe This To Ourselves, via this link to their myspace!

Enjoy and discuss! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby WhiteMage212 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:59 pm

impossible was a great single despite being a little repetitive. Can't wait though.
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby That Dude » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Got it today, it's pretty rad.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby BlueDiamonds » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:05 pm

I bought that album. I was a little upset that they didn't go back to harder hitting like Never Take A Frendship Personal or Cities. I got all worked up when I heard it was going to be their darkest record. Cities was their best album in my opinion. They aren't really suited for slower songs unless they're as good as The Unwinding Cable Car, Inevitable, Breathe, Retrace, or Younglife.

Still beats the pulp out of New Surrender though. That album wasn't good. I think they should go back to Tooth and Nail.
Ipod Shuffle: The Letter Black: "Hanging On."
BlueDiamonds

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:12 pm

BlueDiamonds (post: 1426197) wrote:I bought that album. I was a little upset that they didn't go back to harder hitting like Never Take A Frendship Personal or Cities. I got all worked up when I heard it was going to be their darkest record. Cities was their best album in my opinion. They aren't really suited for slower songs unless they're as good as The Unwinding Cable Car, Inevitable, Breathe, Retrace, or Younglife.

Still beats the pulp out of New Surrender though. That album wasn't good. I think they should go back to Tooth and Nail.

Dude, this makes me so sad. XD I love all of Anberlin's work, and while Cities is my favorite, I thought New Surrender was excellent, and DITWLIAP is really very well done. They've grown a lot as a band, and I'm very happy to see them spreading their wings successfully on a bigger label. XD I also love seeing a range of different kinds of songs in a band's repertoire, and I've always thought that Stephen Christian has handled slower songs really well (see his side project Anchor&Braille for reference). A lot of bands that leave Tooth & Nail have really good reason to do so, and because of that, I don't think going back would be a good idea for them as a band that's been growing so well after leaving. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby WhiteMage212 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:06 pm

I love the new album, but wish they had some more harder and faster songs. also, I wish they had the epic song at the very end of the album like they did with all the other albums.
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby Doubleshadow » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:19 pm

I'll but it once I get around to restoring my accidentally deleted iTunes library.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby BlueDiamonds » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1426200) wrote:Dude, this makes me so sad. XD I love all of Anberlin's work, and while Cities is my favorite, I thought New Surrender was excellent, and DITWLIAP is really very well done. They've grown a lot as a band, and I'm very happy to see them spreading their wings successfully on a bigger label. XD I also love seeing a range of different kinds of songs in a band's repertoire, and I've always thought that Stephen Christian has handled slower songs really well (see his side project Anchor&Braille for reference). A lot of bands that leave Tooth & Nail have really good reason to do so, and because of that, I don't think going back would be a good idea for them as a band that's been growing so well after leaving. XD

Eh...I'm in a bit of disagreement. Stephen Christian handles slowers songs in Anchor&Braille extremely well, but the same doesn't transfer for Anberlin. Anchor is just Stephen with a piano, along with a few instruments. It's pretty much naked if you want to call it that. Anberlin is a band format trying to do songs in the same fashion wouldn't go as smoothly. What do you mean by the leaving Tooth&Nail piece? The pressure from the label: "This record better do well or else!" Nearly cracked him. For me it's the opposite, yes they've been growing, but I thought they were better back at Tooth&Nail. I think they started trying to please too many people in a way. Just put There Is No Mathematics To Love and Loss against any song besides We Owe This To Ourselves and Impossible and there's really no competition. Maybe the Art of War.
Ipod Shuffle: The Letter Black: "Hanging On."
BlueDiamonds

Return to Jam Session