CAA's Guitar Center: Discussion and Help For All Players

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Sapphy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:02 pm

I can't say that I've heard of that album... I don't really have money to spend right now, but I'll have to keep that in mind.
Sapphy

Postby Sapphy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:28 pm

I want to learn bass this summer... gonna start saving for one now. What are some good brands?
Sapphy

Postby Tigerchu » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:54 pm

You play guitar? Cool!
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Tigerchu » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Username: Tigerchu
Guitar Experience: 5 years (1 semester school, bunch youtube, a lot by ear)
Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Pop (all sorts of cultures)
Gear: I own: An acoustic guitar (*sweatdrop*, I much prefer electric)
Future Gear: Hope: Electric guitar, Hard Rock-Screamo grind, effects, probably etc.
Favorite Guitarists: The guy from Linkin' Park (I think), Inoue Joe, The guy from Sum 41 (if I have the guy right).
Dream Gear: A purple electric guitar with sharp edges (like anime) and grinds like a Hard Rock/Screamo
Last played: Saku Sakura (sometime today)
About me: I'm an artist (drawing and otherwise) who finally got a guitar 5 years ago (I've been waiting for at least 5 years before that. Umm... I find drawing and playing to be very easy, and I'm glad I found someone who says it's easy too (for guitar). That lifts my self-esteem. Or something.
Have faith

-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Tigerchu » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Strife:
I hope you don't think I'm crazy or something for saying this, I mean it as a compliment and don't mean to sound strange:
I'm glad you listen to your mom. (There's a stereotype of people not listening to their moms)
Have faith

Tigerchu

Postby Tigerchu » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1419512) wrote:Sounds good, except for the bit about "beginners" in the title. Not to sound overly touchy, but we wanna give an immediate impression of welcoming all skill levels so that beginners don't feel intimidated and the more advanced players don't feel constricted.

If you're a beginner, say so >.>
Have faith

Tigerchu

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 am

Woo, I just got two guitars! It was a sale at the music shop... couldn't help myself..
Fender acoustic (with pickups) - pretty cheap, but quite solid for the price.
Gretsch Electromatic hollow body / semi-acoustic with the prominent whammy bar - it's pretty big in size, but nice.
Now to learn and be competent at playing songs...
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Sweet! I picked up a new guitar last year. Once I can actually play. I'm certainly happy about it.
Mithrandir

Postby Phootaphan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Username: Phootaphan
Guitar Experience: I've played for about 12 years now, mostly self taught, but took guitar lessons for about a year, which helped me out a lot. I'm currently in college going for an associates degree in music performance.
Style: Metal, Rock, Alternative, some Blues, and starting to learn Jazz :P It's complicated.
Gear: Dean EVO FT Electric, Peavey Delta Blues 210 Tube Amp, Pedals include a Cry Baby wah, Boss chromatic tuner, super chorus, and digital delay, and an Ernie Ball volume pedal. I also have a Dean Performer acoustic-electric.
Future gear: Right now I have my eye on a Fender Blacktop Stratocaster HSH and an Ibanez 7-string of some kind. Also hoping to eventually get a good high-gain metal amp :rock:
Favorite Guitarist(s): John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Per Nilsson (Scar Symmetry), Misha Mansoor (Periphery)
Dream Gear: Oh, maybe an Ibanez Universe, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster...probably a bunch of other stuff...
Last thing you were playing: A jazz tune I'm working on for school, noodling around with some of the music from the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood soundtrack...because I can ;)
Other/ About me: I'm currently playing in The Saving Motion, a worship band that started at one of the services at my church, and since then we've started writing some original music and have an album set to release sometime soon. It's been kinda slow going, but anyone who wants is welcome to check us out at http://www.thesavingmotion.com.
[color="Red"]"There's no such thing as a painless lesson. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although, if you can endure that pain, and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. A heart made Fullmetal."
[/color]
[color="Cyan"]"...but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4[/color]
Phootaphan

Location: Idk...I could be anywhere. You expect me to keep track?

Previous

Return to Jam Session