Favorite Weird Al Song and/or Video

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby ADXC » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:07 pm

No Roy, I did love the Rambo part, I had just forgotten about it. I also loved that they were overly dramatic when it came to how many explosions went off. XD
ADXC

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:38 am

Hmm, I haven't seen too many of his music videos, but of the ones I have seen, I'd say "White and Nerdy" is my favorite.

It's harder to pick favorites of just his songs. Some that I especially like are "Polkamon," "Smells Like Nirvana," "Trash Day," and "You're Pitiful." He's truly an amazing musician; he mimicks every artist's sound so well, and his lyrics are so witty! XD
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ADXC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Yeah, that's why I love to listen to him sometimes when I'm not feeling so great. Laughter is the best medicine.
ADXC

Postby rocklobster » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Did you know he was elected valedictorian in his high school? And that he majored in architechture?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ADXC » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah I knew that. Because he was so smart, he was able to do his work as parodying works, playing polka, and making his own originals. Really, comedy is hard to do in music form and only a few can do it so that's why Weird Al was a perfect match for it.
ADXC

Postby Anime4Ever » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Amish paradise and white and nerdy!
Anime4Ever

Postby rocklobster » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:24 am

ADXC, have you ever listened to Bob Rivers or Ray Stevens? They're in the same vein as Weird Al. Bob Rivers's specialty seems to be AC/DC parodies because he can imitate both of the lead singers almost flawlessly. His best song is "Dirty Deeds Done With Sheep" (a parody of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"). Ray Stevens has actually been at the trade longer than Weird Al, but he doesn't do parodies. I think he started in the 60's. Check them out sometime.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ADXC » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeah I heard Dirty Deeds Done with Sheep. It was hilarious.

Do you happen to know who did The Twelve Pains of Christmas?
ADXC

Postby Furen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Almost anything other than White and Nerdy because of it being way WAY too overplayed, and I disliked it in the first place...

other that that he's good
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby KagayakiWashi » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:46 pm

"Pacman" is a great song, as is "Yoda Chant". I also love "Genius in France" because he's doing a style parody of Frank Zappa, and he nails it perfectly. I also like "You Make Me", because he's style parodying Oingo Boingo (Danny Elfman's band), but "Pancreas" has to be one of my absolute favorites.
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby rocklobster » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:16 am

ADXC (post: 1414665) wrote:Yeah I heard Dirty Deeds Done with Sheep. It was hilarious.

Do you happen to know who did The Twelve Pains of Christmas?

That's also Bob Rivers.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby ADXC » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:16 am

Overplayed, pah shaw! XD

@ Kaga-"Oh my Yoda!"

@ Rock- Yeah I thought that it was him.
ADXC

Previous

Return to Jam Session