Showbread's Fifth Album: Free and in Need of Funding!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Showbread's Fifth Album: Free and in Need of Funding!

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon May 17, 2010 10:51 pm

So as many of you may have already heard, Showbread has loosed their ties with Tooth & Nail, and has instead partnered with Come&Live!, a ministry that exists to help musicians who want to use their music as a ministry to produce their records for no profit, offering the music instead as a free gift to whoever wants to listen.

The only drawback is that it does, in fact, cost money to record and produce an album. Unfortunately, their fifth album will only be funded if they can raise $13,000 by August 14th. That being said, check out this website to find out how you can donate to the project! They accept any donations from $1 up, and any donation of $4 or more includes a gift from the band, from a signed thank-you postcard to a special edition copy of the album with a special mention in the album credits, etc.

Anyways, I think it's pretty cool that they're doing their next album this way! I really appreciate how determined they are to have a band that is just as devoted to ministry as it is to making quality music! Anyways, discuss! And donate if you feel led to do so!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby LadyRushia » Tue May 18, 2010 5:52 am

It is rather awesome. I want to donate, but I'm not sure how much yet.

If I had $600 right now, I would totally give that much for the guitar, but then I would have four guitars, XD. I'll probably end up giving $20 or something.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue May 18, 2010 1:09 pm

It's pretty awesome that they have signed with this label. I really respect bands who focus on the ministry aspect as much as Showbread is making an effort to.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Return to Jam Session