Christian Metal

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Christian Metal

Postby Dr.Faust » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:09 pm

I'm looking for good christian METAL. I lesten to all form of metal (including un-black). Please Help.
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby That Dude » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Let's see...You can check these legal free samplers for some ideas.

http://www.one21music.com/2010/03/free-facedown-records-spring-sampler-download/

http://www.one21music.com/2010/03/free-mp3-album-download-ulterium-records-sampler/

(If you like metalcore) you can always check out bands like...

Zao
Oh, Sleeper
As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
The Devil Wears Prada
Haste The Day
Living Sacrifice

I have others if you need any more to check out.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Dr.Faust » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 pm

thanks. I'm looking for more death metal, something like Dethklok
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby Kaori » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:09 am

You can find a great list of a lot of the best Christian metal bands here:

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=33161

There are few I would mention that aren't listed already in that other thread, like Harmony(power metal), Dalit (death/doom metal), and Ancient Plague (symphonic black metal).

My personal recommendations for death metal are as follows:

Extol - their style changes with every album, but IMHO every album is great in its own way; Undeceived is an awesome death metal album, so you should start with that one if you're looking for death metal in particular.

Sympathy - very solid death metal band.

Aletheian- technical and progressive death metal.

Miseration - this is not really a Christian band per se; some members are not Christians, but some are, including, Jani Stefanovic, a guy who is involved in several different Christian bands. On their first album, there is some Christian influence in the lyrics (because they are written by Jani), though it's not extremely overt. I don't have their second album and can't really vouch for its content. However, they do play some pretty good death metal.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:15 pm

Yamamaya

Postby MrKrillz0r » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Hm I dunno really what kind of metal this is, but the most bands listed below are probably metalcore..

As I lay dying
A plea for purging
August Burns Red
Catherine
Demon Hunter
Destroy The Runner
Gwen Stacy
Haste The Day
Inhale Exhale
Life In Your Way
MyChildren MyBride
Oh, Sleeper
The Devil Wears Prada
Theocracy
Vanna

They're all christian bands as far as I know, in some of the bands every single member might not be christian. I hope you can find something you like from these, and they're all avablie on spotify. :) (Except Theocracy)
MrKrillz0r

Postby ich1990 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:54 pm

I am not very well educated on the differences between the various types of metal, but here are a few albums that fall generally under the Metal genre umbrella. You can't really go wrong with any of them. I have linked each to a representative song:

Becoming the Archetype's Terminate Damnation (Technical Metal?)
Virgin Black's Requiem - Mezzo Forte (Opera Metal?)
Showbread's No Sir, Nihilism is not Practical (Raw Rock)
As Cities Burn's Son I Loved you at Your Darkest (Progressive Metal?)
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Becoming the Archetype
Gwen Stacy
August Burns Red
War of Ages
Settle The Sky
In the Midst of lions
The Great Commision
Wolves Among Sleep
Haste the Day
Living Sacrifice
My Child My Bride
Maylene and the Sons of Diastor
Once Nothing
Chariot
Norma Jean
Burden Of A Day
Onward to Olympas
The Devil Wears Prada
Underneath the Gun

well that'll get ya started look at Facedown records bands they are all pretty great and christian. Some of these are hardcore but still metal XD
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby That Dude » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Also you can check out...

Advent
Hands
The Famine.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Chibi0saka » Wed May 12, 2010 7:58 pm

YEAH! I loooove Christian metal.

Demon Hunter is really good BUT! I definitely reccommend Brian "Head" Welch. He was the guitarist for Korn but he became a christian and quit Korn (and drugs) and released a Christian metal album called Save Me From Myself. Its REALLY good. I listen to it a lot. :D
[font="Verdana"][color="RoyalBlue"]NOTHING but the blood[/color][/font]
Chibi0saka

Postby Syreth » Thu May 13, 2010 12:37 am

Antestor is a good, lesser known Christian black metal band. I recommend you check them out.
Syreth

Postby Scarecrow » Thu May 13, 2010 4:31 am

Yeah I don't like black metal much but Antestor is really good. I prefer their more melodic softer songs (Like "Depressed"... love that song) but whatever. Lyrically I really like them.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Mega.EXE » Thu May 13, 2010 6:08 am

You guys need to know where it's at.
Sleeping Giant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyIfAmVxctI
The Crimson Armada http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ8akbP1ki0
Two of the best Christian metal acts, no question.
Mega.EXE

Postby Scarecrow » Thu May 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Mega.EXE (post: 1393982) wrote:You guys need to know where it's at.
Sleeping Giant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyIfAmVxctI
The Crimson Armada http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ8akbP1ki0
Two of the best Christian metal acts, no question.

If you're into the screaming metalcore type stuff....

Why do most Christian metal bands sound the same though? I mean, if you search "metal"... you get all kinds of different forms (progressive, melodic, power, folk, death, black etc) Search "Christian metal bands" and they're usually either some kind of metalcore screaming stuff (which I can't stand) or black/death metal...

Yeah I know not ALL all are like that and there is a few good metal bands that do appeal to me and are Christian but... I always go down peoples list and it's always the same stuff. Christian metal needs more variety for metal heads with different tastes. Most of the Christian bands that try to play the type I like usually suck save maybe three. I'm still waiting for a Christian band to come along influenced by the likes of Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Symphony X, Edguy, Helloween, Freedom Call, Zonata etc... and then actually sounds good too (cause Narnia and Divinefire and the likes suck but at least they try). Or heck, bands that are influenced by like Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Wintersun, TYR, Korpiklaani, and Equilibrium.
Scarecrow

Postby bkilbour » Thu May 13, 2010 3:35 pm

As a bassist/songwriter for an unblack band, I would go with my inspirations...

HORDE!!!!!

ANTESTOR!!!!!!!

EXTOL!!!!!!!

CRIMSON MOONLIGHT!!!!

YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH HOLY UNBLACK METAL!!!!!!!
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Ella Edric » Thu May 13, 2010 4:34 pm

Flyleaf may be considered metal, but im not sure. ^^;;
Ella Edric

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu May 13, 2010 4:40 pm

how aabout norma jean or the chariot?

they are awesomemeeeemememememe
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Kaori » Fri May 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1394048) wrote: I'm still waiting for a Christian band to come along influenced by the likes of Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Symphony X, Edguy, Helloween, Freedom Call, Zonata etc... and then actually sounds good too (cause Narnia and Divinefire and the likes suck but at least they try).

I like power metal, but there are other genres I like more, so this is not something I'm extremely familiar with. However, I do know there are a ton of Christian power metal and neoclassical metal bands out there--not just Narnia and Divinefire. Theocracy I think you know already, but try Harmony (Sweden), Wingdom (Finland), Venia (Finland), Edgend (Israel), MYRATH (Tunisia), Future's End, Angel 7 (Ukraine), Sacred Warrior (Chicago), Seventh Avenue (Germany). In addition, if you browse to nordicmission.net and click on "heavy metal" on the left, you'll get a very long list of Christian heavy metal and power metal bands, most of which I haven't even heard of.

Scarecrow (post: 1394048) wrote:Or heck, bands that are influenced by like Ensiferum, Eluveitie, Wintersun, TYR, Korpiklaani, and Equilibrium.

You might be interested in Orphaned Land, a progressive folk metal band from Israel.

As a caveat, since this is a genre that I don't listen to very often, I have heard very little by most of them and can't tell you which ones are really good.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby CephasWhite » Mon May 24, 2010 11:50 pm

I would probably recommend Demon Hunter like most of everyone else here has. :P They kick rear to next Tuesday!

Also, Living Sacrifice is a great band too :D They have a new album out called "The Infinite Order". They are screaming metal and they have been together since 1989, so they do have experience to make the screaming understandable and freaking awesome!
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon May 31, 2010 5:50 pm

MrKrillz0r (post: 1390552) wrote:Vanna

Just noticed thought i should point this out. Vanna is not a christian band they drop the F-bomb in there newest album a couple of times. They are what is now in the Hardcore culture as Straight edge at least lyrically. They have some very positive and christian sounding lyrics (minus the song the swear in XD)

GrubbTheFragger

Postby airichan623 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:51 pm

A far as hard core metal goes, I can only recommend Demon Hunter. However, I would say Red and Skillet also fall under that catagory, I think. I love them. And for a change of pace, Flyleaf, especially their first CD is kinda halfway b/w regular rock and metal (the lead singer does have considerable screamer skillz: check out the song "I'm So Sick.")

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby J.R. » Mon May 31, 2010 11:05 pm

As I Lay Dying
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype
Brian Welch
Decyfer Down
Demon Hunter
Destroy the Runner
Disciple
Extol
Grave Declaration
HB
Inhale Exhale
Pillar
Project 86
Red
Nothing that you have not given away will ever really be yours.
J.R.

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 am

I'll try to get as close to Dethklok's sound as I can with these despite only having heard a couple pieces of the songs "Awaken" and "Mermaider". I'm also going to try to stray away from most of the bands that everybody mentions.

A Thousand Times Repent
All That Remains (not technically Christian, but the vocalist/lyricist is, and it shows in the lyrics, especially on the "Fall of Ideals" album)
Amarna Reign (I'm not 100% sure if they're Christian or not, heard somewhere that they are)
At Battle's End
Bloodline Severed
Chicago Is Burning
Common Yet Forbidden
Frost Like Ashes
Grave Declaration
Grave Forsaken
Horsemen of the Apocalypse
I Built the Cross
Immortal Souls
Impending Doom
Mortal Treason
Norma Jean
On Solid Ground
The Showdown
Sleeping Giant
Soul Embraced
Virgin Black
War of Ages
With Blood Comes Cleansing
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:26 am

SnoringFrog (post: 1399254) wrote:I'll try to get as close to Dethklok's sound as I can with these despite only having heard a couple pieces of the songs "Awaken" and "Mermaider". I'm also going to try to stray away from most of the bands that everybody mentions.

A Thousand Times Repent
All That Remains (not technically Christian, but the vocalist/lyricist is, and it shows in the lyrics, especially on the "Fall of Ideals" album)
Amarna Reign (I'm not 100% sure if they're Christian or not, heard somewhere that they are)
At Battle's End
Bloodline Severed
Chicago Is Burning
Common Yet Forbidden
Frost Like Ashes
Grave Declaration
Grave Forsaken
Horsemen of the Apocalypse
I Built the Cross
Immortal Souls
Impending Doom
Mortal Treason
Norma Jean
On Solid Ground
The Showdown
Sleeping Giant
Soul Embraced
Virgin Black
War of Ages
With Blood Comes Cleansing

A thousand times repent is freaking awesome, they are some of the deathcore i have heard. Pig squeals done right

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:23 pm

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1399260) wrote:Pig squeals done right

....Does this sentence truly exist?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 am

Tommy (post: 1400596) wrote:....Does this sentence truly exist?

Go listen to A Thousand Times Repent and you'll see what i mean

Anyways
A Ghost Inside! (they are not christian but there new album Returners has a very good song called The Conflict. Its a song that deals with Christianity in The Hardcore scene and it has made me respect the band alot. Overall the album is super positive and a great album. There first album does drop the F-bomb so stick to returners)

GrubbTheFragger

Postby armeck » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:21 am

freedom call, is not "christian" but the band members say that they are heavily influenced my christians, and that they believe in God, and then there is impellitteri, chris impellitteri is one of the fastest guitar players in the world, they have on non christian band member i think, so they're like flyleaf, they are christians in a metal band, not a "christian metal band" but some of their older stuff has some VERY strong chritian lyrics!
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:44 am

I love Freedom Call. They're one of my favorite bands... No they aren't Christian but you're right, there songs are VERY positive and some could be seen as Christian songs if you're looking at it from that perspective.

Listen to their song "Flame in the Night The song is epic power metal at it's best and the lyrics are pretty positive and sound like they could come from a Christian band. Stuff like this puts me in a good mood when I'm feeling bummed.
Scarecrow

Postby armeck » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:46 am

yeah i found an interview on the internet and they said they have christian families and that they believe in God and it is good to stay positive, also look up the song starchild is is obviously talking about Jesus. besides one "f-word" in the newest album (it's in the song called a perfect day) all their music is "clean" (as far as i know) i HIGHLY recommend them if you like power metal, or symphonic metal or prog metal
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:32 pm

I never even noticed till you mentioned it (the f-word)... =P It doesn't bother me in the context used in the song though. I only really dislike language if it's being crass in context (i.e. still offensive even if the word was replaced with something else). If it's just for emphasis or an exclamation and stuff, I really don't care. Most power metal is pretty clean regardless though. 90% of my collection is power/prog metal and I think the only band out off all those that get a bit spicy as far as content/language is Edguy.
Scarecrow

Next

Return to Jam Session