System Of A Down

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

System Of A Down

Postby DrNic » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:28 pm

Who likes System of a down? :jump: Who's seen System of a down live? Whats your favourite System of a down track? Just talk about System of a down... :grin:
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby cbwing0 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:49 pm

I like System of a Down, although I haven't seen them live. My favorite track is probably Aerials, although I also like most of the rest of them.
cbwing0

Postby Stephen » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:55 pm

I do not like the band...but not because of there sound. I think they have a very original cool sound. Songs like Chop Suey anger me to the point of not listening to there stuff. (as the song is a mockery of Christs crucifixion) I listen to a lot of mainstreme stuff...but I don't like system.
Stephen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:33 pm

I like System of a Down, they have a really cool sound. I'm not sure what my favorite song is though...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kisa » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:48 am

Yea their stuff is pretty cool. I like their total randomness and different sound! I don't know wether to laugh or rock to it!;)
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:46 pm

not a big fan of them...the only songs I've heard is the Link song and the....i forget song..Shimmey yeah thats it...Shimmey.
Hitokiri

Postby DrNic » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:48 pm

I listen to a lot of mainstreme stuff

Why do people keep saying they're mainstream? Why why why? Christina Agulera mainstream for goodness sake. *calms down*

I love system of a down but resently found out what their first album was like. *shakes head*
So much swearing. Why? Toxicity had next to no swearing on it. I wanted to get it aswell because Spiders is such an amazing song! But Im gonna have to buy it if it comes out EDITED now!

Theres an edited version of Steal this album though (yay!) so I will not have to worry about songs like F*** The System. THAT IS GOOD NEWS.

Personally I like Chop Suey. It is the song which got me into them. Toxicity is my favourite song thou! I like Needles aswell because I find the chorus amusing!

By the way Shatterheart, if you dont like Chop Suey then I would advise you to never listen to Suite-Pea, it has tonnes of swearing in and is offensive to boot. CURSE YOU UN-EDITED VERSION OF SYSTEM OF A DOWN!

By the way, songs like Chop Suey and Holier Than Thou (by metallica) are about as far as I go when listening to slightly offensive songs, anything worse bugs me!

Rock on World!
Take me

Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

DrNic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:13 pm

I didn't understand the lyrics to Chop Suey, even though I've heard it about five kazillion times. I mean, I understood what they were saying, just didn't understand what they -meant.- I did like the music for that song though.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby DrNic » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:07 pm

Its weird isn't it...thats why I like that song! ^=^
Take me

Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

DrNic

Postby Stephen » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:09 pm

My own personal feelings here. But the whole song too me at least...mocks Christs crucifixion. "self righteous suicide" As I said...there a talented band. But lyricly, they suck.
Stephen

Postby inkjet1987 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:17 pm

I'd probably agree with you Shatterheart if the rest of the song made any sense at all. "Grab the brush put on a little makeup", Why'de you leave the keys upon the table". It's just wierd. But I do love the way the song sounds, and the song Toxicity is really cool.
inkjet1987

Postby PMK » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:51 pm

:rock: :rock: :rock: SYSTEM KICKS MAJOR BOOTY!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

I love everything of theirs! But my fav is 'Johnny.'

And to shatterheart, I don't think they mean it a a mockery of Christ. They say: "I don't think you trust in my self rightious suicide" Not Christ's suicide. Plus, Christ didn't kill himself. He was crucified for us. He took away all our sin. It wasn't an attack on Christ.

And in total oppositeness, I find their lyrics somewhat spiritual. Well, the ones that arn't total randomness. :thumb:

Anyways! Back to System!!!! They rock. :mutter:
PMK

Postby DrNic » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:04 pm

Whoah, far be it from me to say something bad about the amazing SOAD, but...

...not all of there songs are good *feels pained at saying bad things about SOAD*.

Has anyone heard Suite Pea. That is an appauling song. It takes a dig at christianity and has lots of profanity.

But apart from that SYSTEM OF A DOWN RULE!
Take me

Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

DrNic

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:33 pm

The beggining rant sounds like his father talking to his mother.

"Wake up. Grab a brush and put a little make-up. Hide the scars to fade away the shakeup."

That says that he's abusive and wants to hide it.

"Why'd you leave the keys upon the table. Here you go, create another fable"

That says he blows up at her for miniscule things (such as leaving the keys on the table) and doesn't listen to her explanations (because they're all "fables")

The "suicide" is not referring to Jesus at all, but either to his father or to his mother. His mother seems more likely, as the lyrics say "I cry when angels deserve to die" Of course "deserve" could have been his father, because of how abusive he was. He may have seen his father as amazing, even though he did all these horrible things, as "an angel"

The biblical quote is supposed to be metaphor, I am almost certain. "Father into your hands, I commend my spirit
Father into your hands
Why have you forsaken me
In your eyes forsaken me
In your thoughts forsaken me
In your heart forsaken, me"

I could be wrong, but this is the way I saw the song. I haven't actually listened to any of their other songs, but "Chop Suey" is one of the most common songs to be made into AMV's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:58 pm

Whoa, good insight, Bob...^_^b Your interpretation makes a lot of sense.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Stephen » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:13 pm

Interesting how different people can hear different things.

"And to shatterheart, I don't think they mean it a a mockery of Christ. They say: "I don't think you trust in my self rightious suicide" Not Christ's suicide. Plus, Christ didn't kill himself. He was crucified for us."

Yes I am well aware of this. However my first thoughts were an angry non beliver calling Christs death a self righteous suicide.

To Bob, I stand corrected. After reading your take on it I would have to agree with you. I still would not call myself a fan of the band due to other songs that clearly take shots at Christians...but the song Chop Suey is ok it seems.
Stephen

Return to Jam Session