Concerts You Have Seen, are Going to, and Want to See?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Strafe » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Im going to see Newsboys at Kingsfest this saturday I'm disappointed since the switchfoot concert on friday was booked though. Is Michael Tait with the Newsboys still good?
This is an original signature
Strafe

Postby Shiningmonk_e » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:04 pm

I had a dream last night that I saw showbread in concert...Sadly, it was just a dream...
"Who is this?" they said to Me
'That the wind and waves obey
Come, let's hang Him on a tree
That His reign should pass away'
But here I am I say to you
Though you turn away, it is My will
To love you for forevermore
Peace be still, peace be still
-Showbread-the Sky(alpha)
Shiningmonk_e

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:35 am

Last night i saw

Unearth (crazy live show!)
For the Fallen Dreams (really good)
Woe Of Tyrants (Good Metal Show)
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby animaniac » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:27 am

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1328240) wrote:Last night i saw

Unearth (crazy live show!)
For the Fallen Dreams (really good)
Woe Of Tyrants (Good Metal Show)

*adds all of these to my want list*
:dance:i like bannas because they have no bones:dance:
animaniac

Postby kiddo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:10 am

Have Seen:
Red (2x)
Flyleaf
Skillet
Disciple(2x)
Spoken
Stellar Kart
My Chemical Romance
Out of Hiding
Kutless
The Decemberist--weirdest thing ever 0_0

Want to see:

Anberlin
there for tomorrow
capital lights
decyfer down
thousand foot krutch
relient k
superchick
fireflight
falling up
manafest
Alice Nine
Girugamesh
GReeeeN
L'arc~en~Ciel
blindside
family force 5
the classic crime
Demon Hunter
Destroy the Runner
Kids in the Way
Hawk Nelson
Tokio Hotel
A Rotterdam November
Newsboys
kiddo

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Last night I saw the Scream the Prayer tour, and it was easily the best show I've been to. Since I'm lazy, I'll just copy and paste what I posted elsewhere, so forgive anything that only makes sense on the board I posted it on originally.

Just went and saw the Scream the Prayer tour last night, which was easily the best concert I've ever been to. To start off, my friend Samantha somehow managed to get me a free ticket from the vocalist of one of the local bands that played at the show, Onward Towards Olympus, so that saved me $20 to spend on merch. Overall it was a crazy show, I was there from 2:30ish until almost 10pm.

I missed a band or two because I got to the show last minute, but I still saw a some local bands before the bands I'd heard of started playing. I don't remember any of their names, but most sounded pretty good.

Corpus Chrisi was the first non-local band to play. As with alot of the bands on this tour, I hadn't heard much of their music (if any), but I really liked their performance. Nothing particularly interesting happened during it though. Afterward, I bought their cd "The Darker Shades of White."

Next was A Plea For Purging. Their bassist has an awesome beard, I want one like that lol. These guys also didn't do anything particularly crazy, but they were good. They probably have the worst memory of the night for me because they were the ones that delivered the bad news that The Chariot (who I very much wanted to see) wasn't able to make it due to their trailer breaking down mid-trip. At this point I still didn't know any songs that had been sung all day, but I screamed with parts of them anyways.

APfP was followed by Agraceful. I sort of knew one or two of their songs from listening to their album once a few weeks ago, but still couldn't sing much more than I had with the previous bands. I don't recall anything particularly crazy happening during their performance.

For Today was amazing for several reasons. First off, their vocalist couldn't make it because of a family emergency, so Sleeping Giant and Agraceful's vocalists took turns on the mic. Both confessed to not knowing all the words to the songs and that they would need alot of help from the crowd; this is where the action really picked up. The vocalists spent most of their time standing on the crowd and passing the mic around or holding it out to groups. The crowd had tons of times when they all just rushed forwards from the back, and since I was in front I took alot of the pressure from that. It was crazy, and made an interesting challenge of trying not to let Samantha get squashed. I've never been that close to anyone in my life ever; I couldn't jump because when I did it felt like I was humping Sam's back, and her friend Michael complained that he felt like he was raping a guy at one point. Definitely the most insane part of the show and the beginning of the more spiritual aspect as Sleeping Giant's vocalist encouraged us to stop and pray for Mattie's (For Today's vocalist) emergency. It was great. I ended up buying their new cd, and wanted to get the old cd and a t-shirt, but both of the shirts I wanted were sold-out in my size, as was the old cd.

Gwen Stacy was a good show and had more instances of the vocalist (and also the bassist) standing on top of the crowd. This is also where the night finally started getting into songs I knew better.

Oh, Sleeper was amazing, as expected. I pretty much ruined my voice on "Vices Like Vipers" alone. There was more moshing and crowd surfing in this part of the show, and the vocalist dove into the crowd at one point, which looked awesome but I was very relieved it wasn't on my part of the crowd. I was getting tired of fending off mosh-pit expansions and crowd-surfer feet anyways.

Project 86 really surprised me. They're not metal or screamo by any means, but they fit in remarkably well. Andrew Schwab (vocalist (also the singer/writer I've told you about, Drew)) asked for a circle pit in one song, and afterward basically insulted the crowd for not doing it right. They got it right on the next song, which meant more impacts in my back lol. I think this was also when someone tripped out of the pit, knocked a guy down who hit a guy whose head bashed into my nose. On P86's final song, Andrew actually handed the mic off the someone in the crowd and ran around the stage while letting that person finish off the song. I found that interesting because I've never seen that happen before, normally the vocalists keeps a hold on the mic.

Sleeping Giant did a great job. This was definitely the most spiritual part of the show, and I loved pretty much everything the vocalist said. The music was great, and I knew a few of the songs almost all the way through which made it even more enjoyable. We all sang "Oh Praise Him" for what felt like 10 minutes, which was amazing. And as they were leaving the stage, the area that had held the mosh pit turned into a big prayer circle, which was amazing to see. I've heard too often that my type of music can't be Christian, but when something like that happens at the concert, you can't really deny the Christianity of it (and that's ignoring the immense cheering at almost every mention of a band being Christian or loving God or anything like that). I could've gotten both of their cds for $12 total, but they were both sold out when I made my way to the table, so I ended up only getting a t-shirt. It's black, has a picture of Jesus' head on the front and in the background says "worship worship worship worship mosh".

Then it was time for the final band of the night, Haste the Day. Luckily I had listened to their two newest cds on the way to the show, because otherwise I wouldn't have known anything except the last song they sang lol. At one point, two random guys showed up on stage (no clue who they were) and were playing/screaming, then they both dove into the crowd, one of them happened to dive onto my head. Also, at this point in the show I got separated from my two friends and on the very edge of the mosh pit, so I had to fend off alot more people to keep myself from getting hit. I tried to buy an HtD shirt afterwards, but again my size was sold out.

As I said before, this was easily the best concert I've ever been to on every level. I got in free, got to hang out with a friend I don't see often, made a new friend, had a great time with the most insane/brutal concert I've seen, felt the presence of God more than in pretty much any other concert, and made a few other neat memories (this was Michael's first hardcore show, and he got to go crowd surfing at the end which was cool. Also, I ran into The Separate's old bassist Paul in the middle of a song; he thought he recognized me, but when he introduced me to his friend as "my cousin Alex" I realized something was up. Turns out he probably didn't know who I was at all lol.)
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:16 pm

SnoringFrog wrote:On P86's final song, Andrew actually handed the mic off the someone in the crowd and ran around the stage while letting that person finish off the song.

LOL I totally know the guy he handed the mic to. XD He goes to my school and was freaking out to me over AIM last night about how he got the mic handed off to him and got to sing The Spy Hunter. XD That's pretty cool that you went to that show, though!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:44 pm

going to a school yard hero concert soon ^^
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:00 am

There's a Lewis vs. Clark and Pianos Become the Teeth show that I'm headed to tonight. Can't wait!
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
SnoringFrog

Postby BubblegumNinja » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:28 am

I desperatly, desperatly want to see Anberlin in concert someday ;3; I'd love to see Michael W. Smith too, if I'm still here next year. :D

And I plan to see Family Force 5 at Flevo this year <3!
BubblegumNinja

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:00 pm

[quote="BubblegumNinja (post: 1334227)"]I desperatly, desperatly want to see Anberlin in concert someday ]

Family Force 5 (along with Norma Jean) is up at the very top of my list of bands I want to see live. I've heard that they are amazing.
SnoringFrog

Postby BubblegumNinja » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:15 am

SnoringFrog (post: 1334392) wrote:Family Force 5 (along with Norma Jean) is up at the very top of my list of bands I want to see live. I've heard that they are amazing.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm usually very hesistant to see my favourite bands/musicians live in case they actually suck or the lead guy/girl can't sing (very picky about that), but I've heard wonderful things about FF5.

And it's this month too! XD I can't wait!
BubblegumNinja

Postby That Dude » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:16 am

SnoringFrog (post: 1334392) wrote:Family Force 5 (along with Norma Jean) is up at the very top of my list of bands I want to see live. I've heard that they are amazing.

Dude, Norma Jean is so freakin' epic live...They probably put on the best show that I've ever been to.

Anyway, I'd really like to see "The Decemberists" in concert.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby ADXC » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:12 am

Going to see Coldplay Thursday.
ADXC

Postby Tommy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:51 am

I just got back from Soulfest and got to chill with Grubthefragger, Zilch, and Steve.

First night I was there I saw To Speak of Wolves and they were okay.
Second day I saw Auburn, which is a band from my hometown.
They put on a sick show (http://www.myspace.com/auburnmass).

Then I saw Wolves Among Sleep from the other CAA member's hometown, which was an excellent performance as well.

Then a band called "And Then There Were None" played which was basically a techno dance band. I started joke two stepping at the top of a hill and next thing i knew there were at least 50 kids dancing in unison including Grub and Zilch.

Norma Jean played a decent set after and As I Lay Dying rocked hard.

The next day Plea for Purging opened up with five songs. It was kinda disappointing because their new stuff isn't anywhere near as good and as one would except they played mostly new stuff.

After that Agraceful played. They were decent.

For Today played but their vocalist wasn't on the tour for family reasons so the vocalist for Agraceful filled in and it was pretty epic.

Oh Sleeper then played a sweet set.

Gwen Stacy left their guitarist at a rest stop in the middle of the highway so they didn't play.

Project 86 was incredible.

Out of over a hundred kids at soulfest that tried out, I was selected into the top 3 for a screaming contest. Grub and Steve can tell you their feelings towards that.

Sleeping Giant played a great set.

The Chariot played the most intense set I've ever seen in my life.

Then Haste the Day impressed me by playing most of their old songs and all the members of Scream the Prayer moshed on stage.

That was my weekend.

Now I feel like I need to see Between the Buried and Me, Showbread, Thrice, Alexisonfire/City and Colour, and mewithoutYou.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:36 pm

Well it wasn't a concert I would have gone to myself but I had bought to tickets for my moms birthday for Blondie/Pat Benatar's 30th anniversary tour... Anyway I ended up having to go cause her friend bailed at the last minute.

Anyway... it turned out to be waaay better than I was expecting. Especially for how old they both are. I'm very familiar with Blondie songs as my mom used to play her stuff all the time. Blondie put on the bigger show (She was the headliner so its only natural) but I ended up enjoying Pat Benatars stuff a lot more. I was never really familiar with Pat's stuff aside from Love is a Battlefield and those two songs on Guitar Hero (Heartbreaker and one other I forget the name).

Pretty rockin concert though and I was surprised by the amount of young people there and familiar with their stuff.

Oh and there were these two older ladies (like late 40's early 50's) and it was funny. They were a few rows a head of us and while the crowd in general was pretty active, these two ladies were going nuts during Benatar's show (in fact I think they left when Blondie came out). They started taking their shirts off and screaming lyrics and jumping around in their sports bras... it hurt my eyes as they were both old and over weight...

Anyway, my mom liked it. I got to see to classic female rock singers from the 80's perform (favorite era of music in general) and it was pretty good show so I'm glad I went.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 am

Went to soulfest I saw all the bands that tom saw my top three go

Project 86 (Sooooo Intense)
Oh Sleeper ( Loved the pit at the end. Epic circle pit)
And
Sleeping Giant (Very Passionate show.)

Oh and look up the video on Youtube Soulfest 2009 Heaven its the video of And then there were none playing Heaven and I am in it I am the kid that eats it around a corner

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:54 am

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1336351) wrote:Went to soulfest I saw all the bands that tom saw my top three go

Project 86 (Sooooo Intense)
Oh Sleeper ( Loved the pit at the end. Epic circle pit)
And
Sleeping Giant (Very Passionate show.)

Oh and look up the video on Youtube Soulfest 2009 Heaven its the video of And then there were none playing Heaven and I am in it I am the kid that eats it around a corner

I'm in that video.

Jeff, where is the Chariot on your top 3?
like srsly

Strafe (post: 1326354) wrote:Is Michael Tait with the Newsboys still good?

No.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:37 pm

Did anybody go to Heavenfest? I saw Stellar Kart, Skillet, Kutless, Seventh Day Slumber, and best of all, A Rotterdam November!
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 am

Tommy (post: 1336355) wrote:I'm in that video.

Jeff, where is the Chariot on your top 3?
like srsly

Well I really like the chariot live but those were my top 3 chariot was probably like 4 or 5

GrubbTheFragger

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:12 am

Bump

Going to see Full Blown Chaos Oct 2nd and the Black Dahlia Murder Nov 15

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:52 am

October 3rd for me is Between the Buried and Me, The Faceless, 3 Inches of Blood, and In Flames.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Tommy (post: 1345305) wrote:October 3rd for me is Between the Buried and Me, The Faceless, 3 Inches of Blood, and In Flames.

Wow lucky I want to see that tour

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Off to see Showbread next weekend! I'm so excited. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1345359) wrote:Off to see Showbread next weekend! I'm so excited. XD

I still haven't seen them after all these years.
Let us know how it is.

Anyways, last night my band (who doesn't have a myspace yet because we are waiting til our EP is done to make one) played with a band calling Looking for Alaska and I got to do guest vocals for them.

It was pretty epic.

check out their stuff:

http://www.myspace.com/lookingforalaskaboston
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Shiningmonk_e » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:26 pm

I just saw Showbread live for the first time last night and it was absolutely incredible. It was at a small venue so I was in the front row and it was nothing short of epic.
"Who is this?" they said to Me
'That the wind and waves obey
Come, let's hang Him on a tree
That His reign should pass away'
But here I am I say to you
Though you turn away, it is My will
To love you for forevermore
Peace be still, peace be still
-Showbread-the Sky(alpha)
Shiningmonk_e

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:30 pm

Just got back from seeing Showbread! Small crowd, but a pretty sweet set list and an epic show:

I'm Lost
Nothing Matters Anymore
Oh! Etemophobia (after this, in no particular order)
Lost Connection With the Head
The Journey (N)
I Think I'm Going To See You
Let There Be Raw
Precursor
Mouth Like a Magazine (YESSSS)
Stabbing Art to Death (Also YESSSSSS)
Naked Lunch
Age of Reptiles

So yeah! Pret-ty fantastic! 8D

Also, going to see Colour Revolt and All Get Out next Sunday! I'm pretty stoked!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Greg X. Volz is doing a benefit concert at my church next Saturday. I was never all that into Petra, and I don't know what Greg's solo stuff is like, but I'll go for the sake of going.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Song_of_Storms » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:13 pm

[SIZE="1"]Sadly, I don't go to many live concerts. -3-

Let's see...

Bob Dylan
B-52's
Hawk Nelson

... and that's it. [/SIZE]
ImageImage ImageImageImage
Song_of_Storms

Postby Kkun » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1346411) wrote:Just got back from seeing Showbread! Small crowd, but a pretty sweet set list and an epic show:

I'm Lost
Nothing Matters Anymore
Oh! Etemophobia (after this, in no particular order)
Lost Connection With the Head
The Journey (N)
I Think I'm Going To See You
Let There Be Raw
Precursor
Mouth Like a Magazine (YESSSS)
Stabbing Art to Death (Also YESSSSSS)
Naked Lunch
Age of Reptiles

So yeah! Pret-ty fantastic! 8D

Also, going to see Colour Revolt and All Get Out next Sunday! I'm pretty stoked!

Yup, that was the whole list. It was a REALLY good show. The last couple of times I've seen them, their energy was kind of diminished and they weren't completely into their performance. Last night, though, they brought their A-game. It was the same kind of destructive performance of their early days combined with the flair for the theatrical they've developed since releasing Anorexia/Nervosa. Amazing show.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session