Music

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Music

Postby Tigerchu » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:54 am

I"m not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, but where else can I?

Umm, I just found out about a boy group(from http://www.amazon.com ) called "Plus One", who apparently are a Christian group. They play some pop stuff and some semi slow stuff(at least for me).

I heard a song called "kick me (when I'm down)" and I really like it! It is pop and maybe some techno. It has "edge" to it, or as I think "sharpness". And the boys seem so be singing with almost sarcasm, which I like.

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD is I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other singers or songs that are similar to this song: pop, techno, SARCASM, edge.

I'de really like to know if there's some more stuff out there like that.

Here's the link to the CD page
http://www.amazon.com/Obvious-Plus-One/dp/B00005Y4P0/ref=pd_sim_dbs_m_1/102-4050305-4492168?ie=UTF8

This might be the direct link to the song, click on listen: Listen
Is it alright to link to the amazon.com place? It's legal, right?

Thanks for your time!
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:52 am

Oh, yeah, I've heard of Plus One. They came out back when the boy bands were really strong. But this thread would probably be better in the Jam Session forum. *nodnod* Anyways, as far as reccommendations go, Mae might be a band that's right up your alley. They are a little more rock, but they have a really nice, soft sound, and a lot of their songs are a bit slower. Hey, they even have an instrumental techno song! XD Hope you like what you hear! :thumb:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:49 am

Tigerchu wrote:I"m not sure if this is the right place to post this thread, but where else can I?

Umm, I just found out about a boy group(from http://www.amazon.com ) called "Plus One", who apparently are a Christian group. They play some pop stuff and some semi slow stuff(at least for me).

I heard a song called "kick me (when I'm down)" and I really like it! It is pop and maybe some techno. It has "edge" to it, or as I think "sharpness". And the boys seem so be singing with almost sarcasm, which I like.

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD is I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other singers or songs that are similar to this song: pop, techno, SARCASM, edge.

I'de really like to know if there's some more stuff out there like that.

Here's the link to the CD page
http://www.amazon.com/Obvious-Plus-One/dp/B00005Y4P0/ref=pd_sim_dbs_m_1/102-4050305-4492168?ie=UTF8

This might be the direct link to the song, click on listen: Listen
Is it alright to link to the amazon.com place? It's legal, right?

Thanks for your time!
This really belongs in Jam Session unless we're thinking about starting a Christian Anime Alliance music podcast, in which case participants have to pony up the cash for the royalties or something like that. What you need to do is go and buy The White Beyond by Industrial/Synthpop act ThouShaltNot and Atomika by Synthpop act Paradoxx.
GhostontheNet

Postby Link Antilles » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:05 pm

Thread moved.
Link Antilles

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:39 pm

Ummm....Plus One has been around since I was like...14. They really aren't new news.
Hitokiri

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:16 pm

Hitokiri wrote:Ummm....Plus One has been around since I was like...14. They really aren't new news.
So what's your point? People discover music thats new to them all the time.
GhostontheNet

Postby GhostontheNet » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:17 pm

Oh, I forgot, you'll want to find Synthpops! by Midiboy. You should be able to pick it up at http://www.antiphonic.com I believe.
GhostontheNet

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:02 am

GhostontheNet wrote:So what's your point? People discover music thats new to them all the time.

Just saying. It would be like saying "Hey, I found this new band called "The Goo Goo Dolls"! Anyone heard of them?" The orginal post just struck me as odd.

Anyways, they aren't necessarily....pop but I suggest looking into a band called Shaded Red.
Hitokiri

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:30 am

Hitokiri wrote:Just saying. It would be like saying "Hey, I found this new band called "The Goo Goo Dolls"! Anyone heard of them?" The orginal post just struck me as odd.
That's just the thing, his original post never says the word "new", but rather "I just discovered....".
GhostontheNet

Postby Tigerchu » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:48 am

Thanks for replying!
Have faith
-From somewhere in the Bible, and I agree with it

-God will only give you what you can take. He will not overwhelm you.
-From somewhere in the Bible

-Your faith becomes stronger when it's tested.
-I saw a Chinese guy with a cross on his restaurant desk in America. That's so cool. You can do that here. Not so much China.

I've recently been learning that I don't need to be "loud and pushy" to Evangelize; just living it out is enough witness. The problem was that I grew up around strong Evangelists (Korean Christians) and they were really into getting people involved and setting out to Evangelize, and me being a a yes-man (or yes woman) I was into trying to convert people.
I've been learning this lesson over the years, but have been trying to be pushy. Now I'm trying to ease off.
Tigerchu

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:09 pm

Ooh, I remember Plus One. XD Their second CD was so much better than their first. I wish I could remember what I did with that CD...

Let's see...pop with a sarcasm to it...pop with sarcasm...hmm...nothing much is coming to mind now...x.x;
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby That Dude » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:33 am

Though they aren't sarcastic you should check out Copeland Tigerchu. If you want some sarcastic expiremental pop try checking out Discover America.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:32 pm

That Dude wrote:Though they aren't sarcastic you should check out Copeland Tigerchu. If you want some sarcastic expiremental pop try checking out Discover America.

Ooooh, take ThatDude's advice. Copeland is amaaazing. Beneath the Medicine Tree and In Motion are fantastic albums.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Re:

Postby Tigerchu » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks. I gave it a listen. It doesn't seem to be my type.
Tigerchu

Re: Music

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:00 am

Lol... Only took ya six years but ya finally got around to checking it out only to find ya didn't like it much... That's gotta be disappointing.
Scarecrow

Re:

Postby Tigerchu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Hitokiri wrote:Ummm....Plus One has been around since I was like...14. They really aren't new news.

Yeah, well they were new to me. Living in Saudi kinda does that to you. ("Living under a rock")
Yay Plus One!
Tigerchu

Return to Jam Session