Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Headbangers United.

Postby Knives » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:22 pm

Ok, there seem to be a lot of metal fans here so I thought it would be cool if there was a "club" type thing that all metal fans could join. If you are interested in joining just list a couple of things and you're in.

Please list:
Favorite Metal Band, Favorite type of metal, favorite metal album, top 3 favorite metal songs of all time, favorite music website.
Also, please put a link to this thread in your signature if you feel so inclined.

Also, please send me a Private Message if you join just in case I miss the post.

Ok so here is my list of favorites:
Favorite Metal Band: Sympathy?
Favorite Type of metal: Technical Death Metal
Favorite metal album: Arcane Path, or Terminate Damnation
Top 3 favorite metal songs: Gahh...Master of Puppets, Something by Sympathy, Elegy?
fav music website: firestream.net
Ok, so if you are interested in joining this club and have any questions, just pm me.

Member List:
Zilch
Knives
SirThinks2Much
steelbeliever
Hitokiri
Steeltemplar
AnimeHeretic
Michael
Yamato145
xCAFx
~SoulxFood~
GrubbtheFragger
agentsmith700
Ninja Rob
Eric
Kkun
kaiser
RoyTheSwordGuy
ChurchPunk
Tom Dincht
Silent Hunter
DrNic
Tidus20
gungrave
Seppuku
martinloyola
rurouninaruto
fairyprincess90
Thief?
penguin613
Kazuya
yukinon
Inferno
Ichigo_89
Zarn Ishtare
~IYQ
D.O.S.
Anarchy 13
Knives

Postby Zilch » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:06 pm

Band: A tie between Haste the Day and Tourniquet
Style: Metalcore
Album: Tourniquet's Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm
Songs: Tourniquet - "Besprinkled In Scarlet Horror", Haste the Day -"Closest Thing To Closure", and Zao's "The Rising End"

Consider that a membership request.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Knives » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:07 pm

Zilch wrote:Band: A tie between Haste the Day and Tourniquet
Style: Metalcore
Album: Tourniquet's Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm
Songs: Tourniquet - "Besprinkled In Scarlet Horror", Haste the Day -"Closest Thing To Closure", and Zao's "The Rising End"

Consider that a membership request.

Dude, awesome stuff. Tourniquet is good, I forgot about them. Im gonna have to get one of their CDs. Thanks for joining!
btw, for those who havent heard tourniquet, check this link out! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000059S3T/002-8190897-9710403?v=glance
Knives

Postby Arnobius » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:56 pm

Tourniquet? I had no idea they were still around even....

The guys who did Somnibulism?
Arnobius

Postby Maledicte » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:04 pm

Favorite Metal Band: Nightwish and Metallica
Favorite Type of metal: I wouldn't know. I suck. Orchestral maybe?
Favorite metal album: S&M and Wishmaster.
Top 3 favorite metal songs: Planet Hell, She Is My Sin, Master of Puppets
fav music website: I told you I suck.

By the way, are Coheed and Cambria metal? Or what are they period? (the greatest band on earth I know) ;)
Maledicte

Postby Knives » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:05 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Tourniquet? I had no idea they were still around even....

The guys who did Somnibulism?

I'm not sure if Tourniquet are the guys who did Somnibulism...
By the way, welcome to the club sir thinks 2 much. I personally have never heard coheed and cambria so I dont know what kind of music they are.
Knives

Postby Arnobius » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:12 pm

Knives wrote:I'm not sure if Tourniquet are the guys who did Somnibulism...

Well this was a Christian metal band... some time between 1990-93. I was wondering if it was the same band or just the same name.
Arnobius

Postby Knives » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:15 pm

I dont know, I haven't listened to Tourniquet in a looongg time.
Knives

Postby Arnobius » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:24 pm

http://www.tourniquet.net/discography/index.php?1

Looks like it was the same band... man I feel old. 1990? There are people on CAA younger than that album...
Arnobius

Postby steelbeliever » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:57 pm

Band: haste the day...or maybe...becoming the archtype...underoath is somewhere in there too...

Type: Death metal

Album: Deliverance...or subliminal verses

Top three songs: Master of Puppets...duality...erm...before i forget...

hope that's good enough...
you're just a line in a song
steelbeliever

Postby Knives » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:27 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:http://www.tourniquet.net/discography/index.php?1

Looks like it was the same band... man I feel old. 1990? There are people on CAA younger than that album...

Oh, ok I guess I was wrong. Sorry. :)

steelbeliever wrote:Band: haste the day...or maybe...becoming the archtype...underoath is somewhere in there too...

Type: Death metal

Album: Deliverance...or subliminal verses

Top three songs: Master of Puppets...duality...erm...before i forget...

hope that's good enough...

Yep, thats good enough. Who is the album deliverance performed by?
Knives

Postby Knives » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:05 pm

By the way, has anyone heard the old UnderOath CD's? (Act of Depression, Cries of the Past) They're super expensive on amazone. One of 'em was like $80. They are really good cds!
Knives

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:18 pm

Band: Leaves' Eyes, Tristania, Draconian, Sirenia, Amon Amarth, Battlelore, Antestor, maudlin of the Well, Theatre of Tragedy

Type: Goth/Doom/Folk/Black/Death Metal

Album: "Vinland Saga" - Leaves' Eyes
"Embrace the Storm" - Stream of Passion
"Where Lovers Mourn" - Draconian
"Beyond the Veil" - Tristania

Top three songs: "Tales of the Sea Maid" - Leaves' Eyes
"Beyond the Veil" - Tristania
"It Grieves My Heart" - Draconian

Christ Metal.com
Death Metal.com Note: Be careful with this site though - some occultic themes.
Metal genres
Darklyrics.com

Edit: I updated my music info.
Hitokiri

Postby Mithrandir » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:13 am

duh duh duh duh duh duh duh

Devine mental biopsy reveals you need psyco surgery

AH, good memories.
Mithrandir

Postby Steeltemplar » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:20 am

Given that my screenname is inspired by Hammerfall's "Templars of Steel", it seems to me that I need to be a member of this group.

Favorite Metal Band: Black Label Society, Metallica, or Children of Bodom.

Favorite Metal Genre: Death Metal or Power Metal

Favorite Metal Album: Kill 'em All by Metallica, Hate Crew Deathroll by Children of Bodom, 1919 Eternal by Black Label Society, or Horror Show by Iced Earth.

Top 3 Favorite Metal Songs: (Argh! So hard to choose!) "Jump In The Fire" by Metallica, "...And Then There Was Silence" by Blind Guardian, "Demise of Sanity" by Black Label Society

Favorite Music Website: http://www.metal-reviews.com
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Knives » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:26 am

Hitokiri wrote: Metal genres

Whoa...mass murder metal, vampyric black metal. :eh: thats some freaky stuff! Ive never even heard of most of those genres.
by the way, have any of you guys heard of Blind Guardian? Theyre german power metal or something...sounds cool.
Knives

Postby Steeltemplar » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:11 pm

Knives wrote:Whoa...mass murder metal, vampyric black metal. :eh: thats some freaky stuff! Ive never even heard of most of those genres.
by the way, have any of you guys heard of Blind Guardian? Theyre german power metal or something...sounds cool.

I think that those genres are sort of niches within other genres (death metal and black metal).

And, actually, I listed a Blind Guardian song in my favorites. I am indeed a fan.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Arnobius » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:55 pm

I am also a fan of Blind Guardian and the genre of Fantasy Metal. The Orchestral sound sounds good in a way that one Metallica album failed IMO.

Fav. Band: Blind Guardian

Fav. Albums: A Night At the Opera (Blind Guardian), Viva Los Tioz (Boehse Onkelz), Symphony of Enchanted Lands vol 2 (Rhapsody)

Fav Genre: Fantasy Metal

Fav Songs: And Then There Was Silence (Blind Guardian), Wenn Du Wirklich Willst (Boehse Onkelz), How Will I Laugh Tomorrow (Suicidal Tendencies), Fabulous Disaster (Exodus)

Don't do too many sites. I was really into metal in the 80's (before Metallica became popular), and stepped away for awhile, and now and coming back. I like my metal hard but not so hard that it becomes noise.
Arnobius

Postby steelbeliever » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:51 pm

Knives wrote:Yep, thats good enough. Who is the album deliverance performed by?

opeth
you're just a line in a song
steelbeliever

Postby Knives » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:03 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:I think that those genres are sort of niches within other genres (death metal and black metal).

Oh, I see.

Steeltemplar wrote:And, actually, I listed a Blind Guardian song in my favorites. I am indeed a fan.

Stupid me, I guess I missed that...

Thanks for joining AnimeHeretic!
Knives

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:22 pm

I love Blind Guardian.
Hitokiri

Postby Knives » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:09 am

Dudes, I am really loving blind guardian. So awesome! Sweet band, sweet cover artwork too!
Knives

Postby Steeltemplar » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:15 am

Knives wrote:Dudes, I am really loving blind guardian. So awesome! Sweet band, sweet cover artwork too!

Glad you like them :) They were really my introduction to power metal.

IMO, they are one of the most talented bands in the genre. Probably tied with Symphony X and Iced Earth for that honor.
Headbangers United

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Michael » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:51 pm

I admit it; I'm a metal wimp. The most "extreme" band I like is either Dream Theater or Sevendust. I stink at metal.

Favorite metal band: I could put some incredibly great bands here, but I'm gonna have to say Van Halen.
Alter Bridge, Sevendust, Dream Theater, Mushroomhead (think an even crazier version of Slipknot, but less profanity), and Metallica all get honorable mentions.

Favorite type of metal: I couldn't choose between Nu, Prog, or Wing. (That's right, I made up a metal genre! I call it 'Wing metal'! Think Sevendust's "Silence" or Alter Bridge's "Metalingus." It's a really heavy sound, but also very harmonious at the same time. It's kind of uplifting too, as compared to the usual crushing sound. I've heard a lot of metal bands that have awful harmonies and some with great harmonies, so I decided to make up this genre.)

Favorite metal album(s): "Train of Thought" - Dream Theater, "Animosity" - Sevendust, "Best of Both Worlds" - Van Halen (yeah, a greatest hits) and "S.C.I.E.N.C.E." - Incubus (they aren't strictly metal but this album was way heavier than their newer stuff).

3 Favorite metal songs: "Metalingus" - Alter Bridge, "Deep Inside" - Incubus, and "Honesty" - Sevendust.

Fav music website: Wikipedia. Duh.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Knives » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:17 pm

[quote="Michael"]I admit it]

Thanks for joining man! I really don't think there is such thing as a "metal wimp". The bands you mentioned are really cool (especially Dream Theater :D) Wikipedia is awesome too, thats where I look up music genres and stuff...although it isnt really a music site!
Knives

Postby Arnobius » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:45 pm

Things are more mellow now between factions I think. I remember in the 80's people used to argue whether some bands were "truly" metal or not. I remember deriding "Glam" metal. Nowadays, I no longer feel a need to be dogmatic about it.
Arnobius

Postby Steeltemplar » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:44 pm

I confess that I love the glam stuff. lol.

Sure, it can be cheezy and it's hardly hardcore, but I always find it fun.

I'm gonna go put on some Slaughter, I think. lol.
Headbangers United

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Arnobius » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:39 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:I confess that I love the glam stuff. lol.

Sure, it can be cheezy and it's hardly hardcore, but I always find it fun.

I'm gonna go put on some Slaughter, I think. lol.

Could be worse... I remembers "Jamie's Crying" and want to put rusty nails in my ears... :eh:
Arnobius

Postby Zilch » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:56 pm

Styper has about the same effect on me, expect it's more like a rusty icepick...
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Arnobius » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:26 pm

Zilch wrote:Styper has about the same effect on me, expect it's more like a rusty icepick...

Ah I remember them. "To Hell With the Devil" and all that. The early Christian metal days along with Bloodgood etc.
Arnobius

Next

Return to Jam Session