Some art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Some art

Postby olorc » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:57 am

8-23-04 Edit: The main thread that I would like to have be the only one people look at and post on is "Critique Colorc's art here! Woot! Come see"
This is where I'm gunna post all my art form now on.
Here's a link to that thread: http://www.christiananime.com/showt...46&page=1&pp=10

Orignal:
hello,
Here's some of my art. please tell me what ya'll think of it.
I am also looking for someone to take these sketches and create an outline of them on their computer. I don't have photoshop of any cool programs like that so I can't make out lines of my sketches. If you decided to take on this task please PM me so I know that someone is working on it. If you decide to accept this challenge, please ignore any tones or hatching that I put in on the orig. sketch on the pants, clothes, hair, ect. Just keep outlines and clothing folds and stuff like that. The most important pic. I need done is the on of the girl with the swirl around her. If nothing else, it would be cool if you could do that.
Also feedback would be welcome if someone wanted to comment on my art. I'm looking for constructive criticism so don't be worried about hurting my feelings.
thanks,
olorc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby olorc » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:03 pm

Oh, yea, I have much better quality pics on my computer. If you're interested in outlining my stuff and helping me out, PM me and I will e-mail you these better quality pics.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Mave » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:54 pm

what are you planning to do with outlines once you're done? Just wondering.

I might be able to help but I will be away next week and this week is crazy-hectic. If no one has picked it up by the end of next week, I can help. ^^
Mave

Postby olorc » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:26 pm

Mave, after the outlines are done I was going to try to have an unofficial coloring contest and eventually try to make either some cool bookmarks, or wallpapers, or t-shirts. Not to sell, just to have and for free.
Also this will have been the first time any of my art has gone past the sketch phase and I would like to see what it is like past that point.
olorc

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:38 pm

very cool. just wondering though, in the last picture, what's blowing the air?
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby olorc » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:04 am

kirastill wrote:very cool. just wondering though, in the last picture, what's blowing the air?

That was supposed to be a dragon. But I have never really studied or practiced drawing dragons so I started to look like a deer with big wiskers.
olorc

Postby olorc » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:33 pm

anyvone else vith a kohmment? *said in a heavy german accent*
olorc

Postby ally-san » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:40 pm

how old r u and how long have u been drawing? if u want i can give u some tips and stuff but i want to know some background b4 i do so.
"The only consolation I find in your immediate presence is your ultimate absence."

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breathe that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have your way in me..
ally-san

Postby olorc » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:43 pm

I'll PM you.
olorc

Postby ally-san » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:45 pm

ok :)
"The only consolation I find in your immediate presence is your ultimate absence."

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breathe that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have your way in me..
ally-san

Postby AnimeKing13 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:10 pm

Those are some really good scketches olorc.

I'de really like to see how they come out after the're outlined.

AnimeKing13

Postby olorc » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:34 pm

Thanks for the thoughts Anime King, Mave has one of them done, it looks really good actually.
olorc

Postby Vash is a plant » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:16 pm

Cool stuff!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13 :thumb:
:dance: :jump: :hug: :comp: :poke: :drool:
I have a Deviant Art! http://keiko-mukisune.deviantart.com/
Vash is a plant

Postby olorc » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:32 pm

Stephanuz wrote:hey... good pic.
How did you learn to draw Anime (website or somethin)?
Because I can sortta draw but I need Imporvement.

Yea, umm, sorta a site by july dillion (search for it on google if you really want to find it I forget the exact URL) and just people watching to get anatomy and also some drawing books like how to draw manga vol.1 and also just watching anime to pick up the style. Sorry I know that doesn't really help. Is there a specific area that you would like me to expound upon?
olorc

Postby Archan » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:42 am

*Rubs eyes*

Oui, I juts figured out you have like, three separate albums floating around and i got kinda lost very quick. Would you mind sticking to just one album, at least for a little while. Makes tracking and critiquing art so much easier insead of trying to simultaneously have three seperate threads running while looking back and forth and figuring which thread should have which response to what art piece.

I don't wanna sound winny, and I don't mean to point the finger, I just find it very.....time and space consuming.

Anyways, I'll try to included a response to another art pick in another album, as well as comment on some art here as well. You asked me how to go about adding weight to the cloak on one of your other particular pieces. Mainly, just study how cloth folds and floats in real life, and you'll see that cloth will actually take form when it is being filled with air. It's quite an interesting thing, probably one of the few examples of seeing air take a visibly sold form via the parameters of the cloth. You might consider having the cloak blow a tad in the wind, while giving it contour folds and stress creases, things to give the cloth some character. Thats roughly what I mean.

As for the art here, personally, I like your other graphic style better. It's more raw and original, I think if you were to develop it more, it could turn into something very wild.

Anyways, i hope I didn't sound too cranky, it's about 2 in the morning for me roughly. If I said anything too rude I apologize..... :sweat:

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby olorc » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:08 am

Archan wrote:
*Rubs eyes*

Oui, I juts figured out you have like, three separate albums floating around and i got kinda lost very quick. Would you mind sticking to just one album, at least for a little while. Makes tracking and critiquing art so much easier insead of trying to simultaneously have three seperate threads running while looking back and forth and figuring which thread should have which response to what art piece.

Yea, umm, you basically summed up my lack of organization :sweat: when it comes to posting my art on the web. The main thread that I would like to have be the only one people look at and post on is "Critique Colorc's art here! Woot! Come see"
I'm gunna post the pics from this thread there too along with the other three that you were commenting on from my other thread.
Here's a link to that thread: http://www.christiananime.com/showthread.php?t=11146&page=1&pp=10
olorc

Return to Art Corner