my first try at colouring!!!!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

my first try at colouring!!!!

Postby weebird » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:57 am

hey i just got my scanner working yesterday and scanned in one of my drawings and coloured it in PhotoShop.........thot i cud get some advice from u guys, see wot u think....the first pic is the outline and the second is it coloured and shaded a little.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeremiah 29:11, TLB. "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

I asked Jesus how much he loved me and he said this much...and he stretched out his hands and died for me.
weebird

Postby JediSonic » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:12 am

I like the shading :grin: Especially for your first time, too... very good!
JediSonic

Postby weebird » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:38 am

thanks :) its weird cause im not used to drawing in that style :P here's two drawings i did waaay last year, this is my normal style......but i really wna learn to draw more anime....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeremiah 29:11, TLB. "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

I asked Jesus how much he loved me and he said this much...and he stretched out his hands and died for me.
weebird

Postby HikariChan » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:16 am

those are really neat weebird!! i wish i could color like that!

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Retten » Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:30 am

Whoa! the guy on the bmx bike is awsome great shading!!!

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Angelchick » Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:33 pm

you did a really good job at coloring. i love your drawing of the guy on the bmx bike it's awesome.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby skynes » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:26 am

Those are amazing Laura! And if that's just your first attempt I'd love to see your stuff when you're good at it

I tea-leafed your outline and coloured it myself. :P

This is the first time I've ever CG coloured something without a reference. All my drawings are based on something so I know where all the shading goes. This was much harder
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby weebird » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:51 am

U STOLE MY OUTLINE!!!!!! :o how dare u!!!!!!!

Just kiddin ;) i love the way u did the t-shirt looks very cool, the shadings great too!!! :rock:

weebird

Postby Gypsy » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:21 am

Wow! The pic of the biker is amazing!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby skynes » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:01 am

I remember the alien dude. Was before Laura and I first met (in person) but were mailing each other. For the day we would meet we were to draw something. She was to draw an alien and I was to draw a spaceship. I got mixed up and ended up drawing an alien too!

Anyway the green bulbous alien is the one she drew. The one I drew was the guyver lookalike I posted in other thread.
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby weebird » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:31 am

:grin: awww i remember that....heehee....i drew u that alien :P weird cus i had the body drawn for days i just cudnt think of how the head shud look....i nearly brought it with me headless!!! lol :eyeroll: looks much better with a head tho....i think :P

weebird

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:21 pm

Nice coloring job! :D You're really, really good at it. ^_~
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby weebird » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:38 pm

okies.....i bought myself a manga drawing set.....so im trying to learn how to use the Maru/Saji pens......when i get a chance i shall scan in the the ones i have done so far....i wud love some advice on how to improve them and any tips u guys cud give me on colouring (which i haven't started yet, but i will) like maybe the best inks to use and stuff.....thanks....

i will return....hopefully with scanned pics :P

weebird

Postby Esoteric » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:09 pm

That's some nice stuff there. I say keep practicing both styles.
Esoteric

Return to Art Corner