Kovyn's l'il den...

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby JediSonic » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:15 am

Looks kinda like DBZ... lol

More importantly.. I like it a lot :D
JediSonic

Postby Kovyn Alander » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:25 am

DBZ'ish it may look, I'll agree on that. I like how they can throw balls of energy at each other but I'm a little more for the martial arts combo style butt kicking kinda thing. (hence any 2-3d fighter) Not that I don't like DBZ of course, I usually end up watching it when it's on. I'm glad you like it though Jedi. :lol: I have been thinking of doing a comic/manga kinda thing with this sorta style but I wouldn't know If I would have the time to make it or not. "Only time will tell..."

On a small note: I didn't realize until recently that CAA keeps track of how many downloads that have been made on a picture that's been uploaded. I like that.
One day an old man, Jesus and Moses were out playing golf. Moses hit the ball and it landed in a pond. Moses then raised his hands and parted the waters of the pond and struck his ball out from the bottom and walked out and the let the waters back down to normal. Jesus hit his ball and it landed in the same pond. So Jesus walked out onto the water. His ball floated up to the top and was then hit from atop the water to land on the green. The old man swung his club and hit his ball. It was headed for the same little pond but as it was about to splash down a frog appeared and swallowed the ball. At that same moment an eagle came down and snatched the frog. The eagle flew above course over to the green and dropped the frog next to the hole. The frog then spit the ball out into the hole for a hole-in-one. Jesus turned to the old man and said "Dad, if you don't quit doing that, we're not going to let you play with us anymore."

Kovyn Alander

Postby Icarus » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:21 pm

It look like either Ken or Ryu from Street Fighter.

I really liked the one of the cat at the desk.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Kovyn Alander » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:40 pm

Thanks Icarus. You're close in your guess but definitely along the right line. I'm performing a move from my favorite SNK character. I believe he still has this move. I'm assuming he does. Been awhile since I've played any of the latest fighters.
One day an old man, Jesus and Moses were out playing golf. Moses hit the ball and it landed in a pond. Moses then raised his hands and parted the waters of the pond and struck his ball out from the bottom and walked out and the let the waters back down to normal. Jesus hit his ball and it landed in the same pond. So Jesus walked out onto the water. His ball floated up to the top and was then hit from atop the water to land on the green. The old man swung his club and hit his ball. It was headed for the same little pond but as it was about to splash down a frog appeared and swallowed the ball. At that same moment an eagle came down and snatched the frog. The eagle flew above course over to the green and dropped the frog next to the hole. The frog then spit the ball out into the hole for a hole-in-one. Jesus turned to the old man and said "Dad, if you don't quit doing that, we're not going to let you play with us anymore."

Kovyn Alander

Postby Kovyn Alander » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:56 pm

I kinda felt a bit down the other day. Stressed about a few things. I think I worry about too many things. Well, maybe not. Maybe I'm just highstrung sometimes. Anyway, this popped out that day. I could put a quote at the bottom but I'm still debating on what it should say. Also on a small note, the fireball I performed in the previous pic I believe was Ryo's from SNK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kovyn Alander

Postby Ren_sama » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:51 pm

Ooooo I like them all a lot~! ^.^ *claps* I wish I could draw like that...v.v''
Ren_sama

Postby Kovyn Alander » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:07 pm

Thanks Ren. I appreciate the compliment. More art to come soon. I have several works in progress. :brow:

Kovyn Alander

Postby JediSonic » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:42 pm

Come on, Kovyn... I wanna see starsheep get a makeover :D lol
JediSonic

Postby Ren_sama » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:30 am

yay~!Update soon please! ^_^
Ren_sama

Postby Kovyn Alander » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:03 pm

First off, my apologies to Jedi and his friend SamuraiDragon. I have not finished your pictures yet. In the little amount of time that I have had recently I was able to finish up theses avatars that I started a while back for some friends of mine that are going to join. There are only 2 here, I'll upload the other later when I start it, heh. First one is the FFXI addict(i'm joking of course if you read this), Oxalis. He may use a dif name when he registers here. I'm not sure. The second one is my tech savvy friend since elementary, OvermindDL1. (and yes, I've known him that long) He's already registered here so he'll be using this as soon as I resize it. These are not at avatar size I guess if anyone wishes, they'd work as backgrounds or something else. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kovyn Alander

Postby JediSonic » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:31 am

AAUUUGHG!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO STARSHEEP??? HES A FOX WITH GLASSES!!! AAUUUGGH!!!!

*reads post*

oh... heh heh... gave me quite a scare there :sweat:
JediSonic

Postby Kovyn Alander » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:37 am

Hahaha, nah don't worry Jedi. I wouldn't do that. I will say Starsheep definitely looks a bit taller than how you drew him though. I won't say anything more than that. I wouldn't to spoil anything. Btw, on that CD cover you drew, the symbol in the middle of the title, is that the ship he flies? The Arwing shaped looking thingy? I want to be sure. (oh and uh...that wasn't a fox...it's a cat...at least I hope it looks like a cat, hehe)
EDIT: Hahaha, I went back and looked the "fox with glasses", and you know what...it does look sorta like a fox. If I changed the nose just a tiny bit, it'd help it out a lil bit. *ponders about changing it* -.- Hmm...naaaaaah! It'll be fine. I just hope it's acceptable by it's user.
<.< >.>

Kovyn Alander

Postby JediSonic » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:21 pm

lol sorry for the unintentional insult
<_<
>_>

Yeah that is the ship you fly throughout the game :) Its called a 'starwing', partly from the rhyme and partly because of the shape, as you can see on the logo.
JediSonic

Postby Kovyn Alander » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:33 pm

I'm now using a new avatar. Though because of the small requirements for an avatar I'm going to post up it's original size. It took me hours to do so I hope it looks ok to others. Enjoy.

Kovyn Alander

Postby Ren_sama » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:16 pm

*squeal* I LOVE it~! *claps* ^O^
Ren_sama

Animations...

Postby Kovyn Alander » Thu May 06, 2004 9:46 pm

Ok, I originally made these for MSN chat when online. But they're not animated when I use them and then they're "resized" and look WAY distorted. So, I guess if anyone wants to use these for anything...here they are. If anyone so wishes I'll make others like these to fit other expressions since there are only 3 here.

Kovyn Alander

Postby JediSonic » Fri May 07, 2004 5:57 am

Why would I wnat a picture of YOU? :lol: jk tehyre awesome :)
JediSonic

Postby Angelchick » Fri May 07, 2004 12:50 pm

aw those are so cool
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Kovyn Alander » Sun May 09, 2004 11:19 pm

Hehe, considering what Jedi said I have made another animation. This time it's...AN AVATAR! Better than an emoticon. This took me a while to do, a cupl hours. Um...it'sa furry fox or wolf, whatever suits your fancy. I say fox. :)

EDIT: I have removed the previous attachment that was here and put it in the gallery under "avatars". I also have updated the av itself by adding shading (it didn't look right, too bright).

Kovyn Alander

Notice:

Postby Kovyn Alander » Tue May 25, 2004 2:25 pm

Ok, since the new gallery is up, I'll be posting my finished works there. Anything unfinished I'll put here unless otherwise stated for some reason.

Kovyn Alander

Aka-chan

Postby Kovyn Alander » Wed May 26, 2004 7:16 pm

Ok Aka, here's your pic. I am going to color this one and do some layer experimenting. I have yet to actually use a layer in any of my pics. They've all been done by hand (mouse I should say) which gets kinda annoying sometimes. Anyway, enjoy!

Kovyn Alander

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:52 pm

Wow, done by mouse? That's so cool!! It's adorable!

Sorry I didn't find it here earlier; I saw the colored version in the gallery and didn't think to drop by your art thread too. :sweat:
Aka-chan

Postby Kovyn Alander » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:08 pm

Well, my drawings when I first start are pencil. After that everything else is done by mouse. (sorry if I didn't make that clear enough) ugh...I just can't draw very well with a mouse. It comes out all funny. I feel more control starting a sketch. My mouse gets kidna quirky sometimes as it is. Either way, I do thank you for your compliment Aka. :jump:

Kovyn Alander

Postby Angelchick » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:01 pm

you should get a tablet.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Previous

Return to Art Corner