Christopher Hart's books.

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Christopher Hart's books.

Postby ZiP » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:05 pm

Hey um i was wondering before i buy a bok on drawing anime i was wondering what everyone thought of Christopher Harts books?
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:24 pm

go for "Manga Mania: How to draw japanese Comics" it will say that on the front cover, along with a guy with two swords. I have it. You get it. Its very handy.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby lightningp » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:28 pm

Well, for like costumes and character design, it is good for that. But as in manga techniques...I stick with the (How to Draw Manga series) they both the same price though that and the HTDM books ($19.95). Now the books I owned in the Christopher Hart Series these are pretty good:
Manga Mania
Manga Mania-Fantasy Worlds
and getting Manga Mania-Villiains

These books I listed helps because they simplify character designs of harder characters.

I like fantasy worlds because they simplify fantasy characters such as...dragons, fairies, and futuristic armor and stuff.
In the Manga Mania one- they good a excellent tutorial on shading, clothes, character designs.
C Hart books are good for basic quick draw sketches and all. They are excellent for compiling character designs and so forth. As for making a manga though...stick with the How to Draw Manga series for the technique.

Hope it helps.
Lightning Prophetess Online
www.lponline2k4.com
Psalms 127:1
Current Progress of LP:
Episode 4: 57% finished
Volume 2: (Planning stages)
Hype of Betrayal (Side Story): 10%- Script and cover art

AA Mangazene:
Issue 4 (finished)
Issue 5: In progress
lightningp

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:30 pm

of course the how to draw books get i little.... you know, edgy (?) is that the right word?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Uriah » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:37 pm

More than that..

I have one book from christopher hart , Anime mania, and that one sucks, but I hav'int seen the others.
Uriah

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:59 pm

yeah theyre not the greatest but the one i have is realy good. id recommend that one
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ZiP » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:52 pm

O.K. I'm gonna check one out from the library see how I like it then maybe go for it.. thanks guys!
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Return to Art Corner