Teamwork Rocks! (A Whiteblaze/Inkhana collaboration)

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Teamwork Rocks! (A Whiteblaze/Inkhana collaboration)

Postby inkhana » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:53 pm

OK, here's a project that Whiteblaze and I have been working on...the foreground pic of Roy (from Fire Emblem) is mine, and the the background elements were done by the much talented Whiteblaze...:)

I was fairly happy with the way Roy came out. There's one thing to note about this pic - usually in the pics you see of Roy, his tunic/coat isn't brown like his sleeves, it's blue, like his armor (especially in SSBM). However, I have seen pics of him where his tunic was also brown, so I guess this is fine too...^^ In any case, this looked better...his clothes kept blending into his armor so I had to change it...>.<

Whiteblaze will be along shortly to add his own comments...:thumb:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Shinja » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:56 pm

sweet!
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby ZiP » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:57 pm

Dude that is cool!
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:57 pm

*sees Roy* . . . *tounge falls out of mouth* . . . Roy *drool, drool*
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby inkhana » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:59 pm

>*sees Roy* . . . *tounge falls out of mouth* . . . Roy *drool, drool*

I knew you were gonna do that Archy...XD Now where's Cobalt at...? LOL

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Retten » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:02 pm

Well I would like to start of by saying how lucky I am to do a collab with Ink :hug: She Rocks!

Ok no then for my part, well I came up with a couple of renders that I thought would work well with her drawing and we went with the gold one which I think worked really well with the colors! then I just picked 3 colors from that and did all of my 2d in them :thumb: I also had the fun of coming up with some new tech brushes for the piece :dance: The best part was I didn't run out of ideas or get a creative block (cant stand it when that happens :P )

For those of you with fast internet connections you can check out a higher res image here
http://atlas.walagata.com/w/whiteblaze/colab.jpg

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Saint Kevin » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:05 pm

Nice job you two. Always good to see the stuff our excellent artists at CAA can come up with.
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby Aka-chan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:43 pm

It's so pretty! I love the colors. ^__^
Aka-chan

Postby Archan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:01 pm

Inky!

Ah, you have been doing something new haven't you????

Well, I hold you in terms as a professonal Inky, and as a professional I'm going to be honest with you cause I know you would do the same for me. If it stings too much though lemme know and I'll back off.

Your piece and WhiteBlaze's piece look great as seperate pieces. And as always your each more then great enough at what you both do. The key is making it work together.

I find that your guys styles are clashing in the piece. It has nothing to do with quality, quality is great, you guys just have to find a way to bring them together. The BG is a high resolution high quality CG piece, and the art is a high quality high textured piece, the thing is they contrast each other too much. The CG is overwhelming a tad making the 2D drawing feel flat againt it. Also, the colors need to be united more. the Bg is dominated by warm colors like Gold while the 2D piece is primarily Cool colors like purple and blue. One or the other might have to be altered color wise to unify them even more.

Hum, one thing you might consider as well is altering the Contrast and lighting in the 2D to give it more depth or give the Bg less depth so they'll both mesh together better. Another thing you could do is treat the 2D art as a 3D element and warp it or alter it as part of the BG...

There are actualy a number of things that could be pushed or toned down/up though. But I'll leave it to your guys discretion.

But it's a great start right now. :thumb:

I hope I didn't offend you though Inky or you WhiteBlaze, I hold you guys in the highest respect artistically, and I sort of know how much you can push yourself in your art hence why I'm kinda trying to.....push your guys talents in this piece.

You guys still rock though! ;)
God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:32 pm

Wow. That kicks so much butt that it takes said butt and puts it right in front of the foot!
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby calbhach » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:41 pm

Great job guys! ;) (Not like I didn't already know that you were working on it...>.>)

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby inkhana » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:48 pm

This is interesting, Archan. Hey Whiteblaze, what say you try the piece, reduce the opacity on Roy's layer (so some of the background peeks through), and give him a slight reddish or goldish colorization (not so much that the original colors are completely lost, but enough where it comes together a bit more)? That might help tie the piece together.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Mave » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:39 am

WOW!!! Great job guys! XD Collaborations, must look for collaborations...*runs off*
Mave

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:46 pm

inkhana wrote:>*sees Roy* . . . *tounge falls out of mouth* . . . Roy *drool, drool*

I knew you were gonna do that Archy...XD Now where's Cobalt at...? LOL
I'm here right here! @_@ *stares at teh Roy* Must... set... as... desktop.... background... *.*
Good teamwork Inky and Blaze! *claps* ^__^
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Retten » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:41 pm

inkhana wrote:This is interesting, Archan. Hey Whiteblaze, what say you try the piece, reduce the opacity on Roy's layer (so some of the background peeks through), and give him a slight reddish or goldish colorization (not so much that the original colors are completely lost, but enough where it comes together a bit more)? That might help tie the piece together.

Well here is what I came up with I couldnt lower the opacity though or it looked funny :hits_self

Next time we can come up with a color scheme for the whole thing first lol :sweat:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby inkhana » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:29 pm

Yeah, I think you're right...LOL...I guess we should decide on things like that first...;)

Anyway, that looks much better, I think! I can't immediately think of a way to do this, but maybe if we could someone incorporate more red into the shadows of Roy...*thinks about it* Oh well, if not, it looks pretty good on its own right now...:)

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:51 pm

Archan sound
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Retten » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:15 pm

Volt wrote:Archan sounds like a pro at critiqing... Wait I think she is?

Next time I come up with something I'll be sure to ask her about it. Like went I get my anime project started.

And you guys, you did a great job on the pic... It's beautiful! And I'm guessing Inky did the character, wow! I mean so much detail, and the way it's nice and smooth. And the back ground is so, odd that's it awsome. It's just wierd, I love it.

Um....you mean HE right :forehead:

Cool I have to remeber that weird is good :thumb: :lol:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Return to Art Corner