My Megaman artwork

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

My Megaman artwork

Postby skynes » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:06 pm

As you'll see to the left <--- I have a Megaman pic as an avatar

I'll post the full version of this one and of another one I've done.

Just to let you know how I did it. I TRACED! Ok? I took screenshotso f the Megaman X 5 intro, put it into Flash and drew around it. Then coloured it all in Paint Shop Pro.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skynes

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:27 pm

Tracing's a good way to learn how to draw something. You say you did the coloring yourself? Looks good. I love Mega Man~ *has been searching for pics of him all day...*
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby inkhana » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:10 pm

>Just to let you know how I did it. I TRACED! Ok? I took screenshotso f the Megaman X 5 intro, put it into Flash and drew around it. Then coloured it all in Paint Shop Pro.

Hey, that's pretty cool! I like the coloring job. Quick question: why do you put it into Flash instead of loading the screencap as a background layer in PSP?

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby skynes » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:03 am

I put it into Flash because I have more control over the lines. I'm not very good with the line tool in Paint Shop Pro, it's not very easy to use. But the one in Flash is simple so I use it.

----------
Yip I did the colouring myself. Not that hard if you know the basics of layers. There's a tutorial in Polykarbon.com on how to use layers in Paint Shop Pro.

http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/pspchannel/pspch1.htm

^ That's the link. It taught me how to do the drawings.

Shiroi you can use my pics for stuff if you want. But if you put them on a site or something just say I made them :P
skynes

Return to Art Corner