I leave myself open to a public judge

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

I leave myself open to a public judge

Postby Chapel » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:58 am

Ok here are a few of the images I have being that the gallaries are not yet up at my website, give me a hey and a ho, and tell me what you think. Constructive as well as commplamentary, either way. I love the complaments though, not to the extreme of Yukino but yeah they make me smile. :) So let me have it. For the comic you can see it at my website http://www.theflamingcat.com enjoy all.

-chapel-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chapel

Postby Nalani » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:23 am

D00d!!! You're stuff is so CUTE!!! But detailed. You have a awesome style going! I like them alot! ^__^ My favs are Jen2 and Bobby n Clark. *thumbs up*
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn :hug: :poke: :grin:
Nalani

Postby Bunny » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:33 am

*_* You're so good! I really love the textures and shading in them. So cute!
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Danyasaur » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:06 pm

ooo! those are good! I like pink sweater Jen! ^_^
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Mr. Rogers » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:31 pm

your art is really great :thumb:
Mr. Rogers

Postby Kireihana » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:52 pm

You have a cool original style. I like them all! :jump:
Kireihana

Postby ZiP » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:00 pm

Cool!
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Reverie » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:54 pm

Those drawings are great!
Foresight and Hindsight

Showed me two different streets.

The first showed me fame and fortune,

The second wishes to change my defeats.
Reverie

Alright, boosted my self esteem

Postby Chapel » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:54 am

No lets tear that down, any ideas on making the art better that you can see, always looking to improve you know (no da). I'll post a few more pictures, maybe some that aren't as well drawn as the ones before, They were for the most part my best pieces. So here goes my not so awsome artwork oh and I have one picture that I absolutely love that I'll put in later. Ok so let me have it. These are not from my current web manga but from two others that I have in conception, the ones with the demons and angels is Corruption Salvation, and the one with the cool looking assasins is from one I have called 13 hours. Enjoy.

-Chapel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chapel

Postby ThaKladd » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:50 pm

nice :)

you are good in coloring(tip: moore color ;) )
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

about color

Postby Chapel » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:01 pm

Most of this stuff is drawn during class and on notebook paper, so then i scan it in and eraese the lines from the note book paper, I do most of my coloring in water colors and sometimes in colored pencils. It's just more time consuming and I always end up hanging them up before I scan them in and thus I'm lazy. But I will try and do more in color.

-chapel-
Chapel

Postby Mave » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:11 am

Wow, you've got great shading skills there! :thumb: I should learn to shade more too!

hey Chapel, in response about clothing at my other thread, I practised drawing the fold of clothes for years, especially Japanese traditional clothings. Here are the following mangas that I "use" since they are great sources of beautiful and cool clothes, IMO.

Cool Clothes
Rurouni Kenshin (Nobuhiro Watsuki)
Houshin Engi (Ryo Fujisaki) I love the manga, the artist has the craziest imagination~
Hiroaki Samura (Blade of the Immortal)
Shaman King (Hiroyuki Takei)

Body Proportions
Weiss Kruez (Tsuchiya Kyoko)
Rurouni Kenshin

Creative Character Designs
Hunter X Hunter (Togashi Yoshihiro)
Houshin Engi (Ryo Fujisaki)

Why am I quoting all this titles? Coz those are all my only references while drawing for the last 10 years of my life ^^
Mave

Well thank you

Postby Chapel » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:47 pm

I really enjoy Blade of the Immortal, However when I practice folds of clothes I ussually look thought clothing magazines. I acctually hoped on the net and signed up for all those free catalogs. THe colored one of Jen that is a sweater from Victoria Secret. I look at anime and manga for folds and clothing, and appealal my recent fav for appareal has been fruits basket, she/he uses really modern clothing. I like the way it hangs on his/her characters. THe way the eyes look I'm assuming it's a girl I have the manga about ten feet away but I'm too lazy to get up and check. But the ten years you have under your belt is the time i spent learning shading and faces. So Now I'm switching it up and I'll use your suggestions, Thank you again if you have any questions from me feel free to ask. Other than that I am a line artist in our colleges paper and I made front page today with the cat in the hat Check that out here

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/

and on occasion at least twice a week my art can be found here. So check that out. If you miss it or read this tomarrow check the archives you'll be able to find the rest of my art and the art of the other line artists. I really enjoy this job. Artist heed my comments this is how you can make money out there, be it not alot, it does help pay the bills.

sincerly,

Chapel
Chapel

just so you know

Postby Chapel » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:44 pm

I have gllarys at the flaming cat websight so you can see alot of my art there. Please go and look tell me what you thing. To a further note I want fan art send me your fan art so I can put up good art, so people can question why i'm drawing and to the fan artist.

Gallerys

-chapel
Chapel

Art i did for Gaia forum

Postby Chapel » Sun May 30, 2004 11:45 pm

This plus one i'll add in the future is art for a husband and wife that they asked for.

the one of the girl in a white dress was for a contest in a forum, and the green haired girl is what my avatar for that forum looks like

Chapel
Chapel

Postby Chapel » Mon May 31, 2004 2:22 am

this was an avatar sketch i did for Gaia forum
Chapel

Postby The_Marauding_Maniac » Mon May 31, 2004 4:41 am

WOW! That looks Terrific! Keep up the good work...
Luke was here.
There are 10 types of people in the world, people who can read bianary, and people who can't.
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII XXVIII XXIX XXX XXXI XXXII....
TTA: [B]T
he TTA Acronym
[/b]
The_Marauding_Maniac

this is art kiriahana did

Postby Chapel » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:28 pm

this is art kiriahana did for our manga artists and writers unite i posted it here so i could link to it with a hyperlink. Nad this is a little picture that cracked me up from Sin fest.
Chapel

Postby c-girl » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:35 pm

Awesome!
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

thank you

Postby Chapel » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:30 am

christiangirl wrote:Awesome!

I just love those responces. makes you feel all warm n fuzzy inside.

chapel
Chapel

Postby CobaltAngel » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:16 am

Hey, dude, I love your style so much! Its so unique, and really fits the characters well. ^_^
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Chapel » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:00 am

Well I'm very appriciative, i look forward to seeing your vidgil at my webcomic mr Angel. New pic for any interested its and Elf from a manga I'm working on called Elf Tracks.

Chapel
Chapel

Postby RefractedAhav » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:02 pm

You're very talented.

That picture you drew with the lady in the white dress and the chain around her neck reminds me of the damane from the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby Chapel » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:47 pm

IT was art for a contest about an RP that these people were playing it possibly could have been based off that. Send me a link to an information site about Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

Chapel
Chapel

Postby Chapel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:29 am

new art
Chapel

Postby Chapel » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:19 pm

Alright here are two more submissions from our college paper saddly I didn't get to clean up the lawn mowing one, which is about how annoying people get when they mow their laws every sat morning or something like that here is the link

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/article.php?a=2165

and then an article about the political debates, here is the link to that article.

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/article.php?a=2173

Thats all for now

Chapel
Chapel

Postby ZiP » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:08 am

Dude! THese are awesome!
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Chapel » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:23 am

Thank you zip, I'm glad to be working with ya.
Chapel

Fan art for Pixel heaven

Postby Chapel » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:48 pm

Fan art for Pixel heaven

http://www.pixelheaven.net/index.php
Chapel

Postby Lynx » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:11 pm

WOW!!!! *is impressed* that's great work, chapel! keep it up!
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Next

Return to Art Corner