Here are some pictures...

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby wiggins » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:06 am

... I'm still amazed... Wow... you are really good...
Here's a link to my art thread although its not as good as yours, so please criticize it like crazy so I can improve: http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5732
Thanks! I know there is only one art piece over there, but I'm kinda slow with cranking those out ith school and everything...
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby CobaltAngel » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:42 am

Whoosh! Once again, you've blown me away. You're simply amazing. O.O My favorite thing about your pictures is probably the eyes. ^_^ because I can't draw eyes worth a crap but you're awesome at them.
My art? Well, I'm about the worst artist on the planet, but its here:
http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1714
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Wow!

Postby darkoon » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:24 am

GOD bless you, YOU ARE NOT BAD YOURSELF! I like your sketches quite a lot, Im interested if you are making a manga of your own...

Im glad you guys like my stuff, Ill put some more stuff soon!

DARKOON
darkoon

Postby darkoon » Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:35 am

God bless you all! thanx for your words, they give me energy to keep going! GOD is great. I will put up some more artwork tomorow, I dont have an internet conection at home yet, so I always take some time to put something up. I have seen some of you guys artworks, they all look great!

DARKOON
darkoon

Postby Ren_sama » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:04 pm

...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it! Nice coloring/inking too~! =^__^=
Ren_sama

Postby ThaKladd » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:45 am

Youre pics are very good!! I like the way you draw by making some places darker(like the eyes and some main lines and in shadows), and other lighter. It gives the picture a very cool effect.

I love the black eyes ;) and I like your avatar too :)

you find my art here: http://www.christiananime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3554
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:52 am

I feel kinda left out having only discovered your art thread now O_O MAN, WHY DIDN'T I HAPPEN ON THIS SOONER?!?!? YOUR ART IS GREAT~!! O__O Hehhe, Mave, Inky, seems we have one more on the team now ^^

I really love your lines, neat and crisp though very flowing. You wouldn't happen to be an art student would you? Anyway, you really should get all those compiled somewhere and do some Christian comics (nudgenudgewinkwink). Even though you don't have internet connections, please so post as much as you can. It's a real inspiration to see such great art ^^

DRAW~!!! XD
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:49 am

Yes, I'd like to see Christian work from you as well. Good talents should be used for His glory in as many ways as possible (by this I mean: there's a certain amount of worship in the action, but the action could also accomplish two things at one time).

I don't know if you have ideas of your own, but if that's a problem there are only about several hundred people here on CAA absolutely filled with ideas.
uc pseudonym

Postby HikariChan » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:10 am

Thats really great art! i'm so jealous.....i want to put some pics of mine on sometime...but not now. you should be an artist!

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Danyasaur » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:35 am

*looks at new pics*. . . . . . I hate you *. . . but in a your so good I'm jealous way ^_^* yea, I have an art thread, uhg! I HATE MY ART! *bangs head on table* anyways, here it is: http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3296
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Kireihana » Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:06 pm

Your art is REALLY awesome Darkoon! I feel so young and inexperienced compared to you and a lot of the other artists here (I'm not saying that you guys are old, though) And I wanna draw really well like that someday!!! But for now.. I'll keep practicing. ^_^ I have a thread with my art somewhere around here... it's called "Kirei's Scribbles", and then I have more art on my website. Keep posting your art; it's inspiring!
Kireihana

Postby calbhach » Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:19 am

o.o wow those are great! BTW, what's that thing the kid's riding? It looks really cool! Great job! ^_~

Calbh

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby J_Howard » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:06 am

you have great talent, just practice more ^_^
J_Howard

Postby iamneo19 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:20 am

darkoon wrote:God Bless all of you, I havent posted anything in.... about 5 months, and I feel embarrased. That doesnt mean Im not training or anything like that.
Here are a couple of sketches and pictures that I have drawn, there are some on pencil, and others inked and then colored with Prisma markers. Please tell me your opinions!

THANX!

Very nicely done. Your coloring is outstandingly executed. The shading looks like you cell-shaded it. I don't know if you did or not, but I envy that skill! That's what I want to learn how to do for my career in animation! God has blessed you with an awesome gift. Keep using it as such!

From,
Neo

"A foolish man thinks himself wise...
But a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Anonymous
iamneo19

Thanx

Postby darkoon » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:15 am

GOD bless all of you, and thank you all for your words, it inspires me to do more. I havent been working for a while because of school, and also because Im looking to be closer to GOD, after that, Ill be much more stronger to draw more stuff. You know, GOD is an inspiration to anyone, he has been showing me lots of stuff lately, and Im happy I accepted his son as my saviour.

Oh, by the way, here are some pics for you guys to enjoy, they are 100% original, and like I said before, I color with markers and ink. I can use photoshop too, but rarely I use it, because Im a classic.

DARKOON
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darkoon

here are some more...

Postby darkoon » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:18 am

Here are some more, if you guys have any questions on yourmind, feel free to tell me, after all, we are all brothers and sisters! By the way, one of them I have posted a long time ago here, so Im sorry to disapoint anyone...

DARKOON
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darkoon

Postby Mave » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:05 am

*drools* what else can I say? That's mighty cool! Are you an art major? gosh, if that's traditional media, that's VERY GOOD use of it. I can't afford markers and pens...sigghhh

what type of pens and paper do you use to draw? I'd really like to know!

I noticed at the most recent colored pics you have a different shade cutoff in the middle. Why is that?

Ahhh...very creative! I wanna learn how to draw creatures and non-bishie :lol: stuff like you. Erm, pardon me, are you a guy? Don't mean to stereotype but your works seem quite shonen. hehe

oh yeah, my humble little thread. XD warning you, I'm 100% female and love bishies. And you'll only see pics at the 2nd or 3rd pages.

http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5224

:thumb: Great job, darkoon!
Mave

Postby HikariChan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:44 am

i want to know too!!! thats so neatoo!!!

HikariChan

Postby HikariChan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:47 am

you are very inspiring!! i must draw now:jump:

HikariChan

Postby inkhana » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:18 pm

Eeeeee! That monster 0wns! You should talk to my sister some...she loves drawing monsters. The kid (kid?) with the helmet is so cute too...^^

I can't use markers very well and I always seem to run out of color quickly...-_-;; That what I like about PS...I have an unlimited supply of stuff to use. But you are quite gifted in the use of the marker...hehe

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Retten » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:55 pm

0_0 wow you got skillz! The girl in the helmet rocks! You definetly got the (what I call the cute face style) down. Nice job keep it up!

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

dag man you're good

Postby Chapel » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:16 pm

You have the skills, If I was to say something and I always do. It would be to ask you if you would be so nice as to tell me what your thought on my art work. Look for my threads with attachments. Other than that I like your drawings, and your formal color one. The only constructive advise I could give is on the large colored one. Define more on him. Over all nice composition you have skills, but in that picture things seem to run together and I'm not saying put in big black lines, but use darker versions of the colors where they seem to all flood together to show distiction. I think that piece would be amazing with that. and the way your characters look I can tell you have a plan for them, they aren't doodles so I look forward to seeing what comes about from such decently designed charcters. I hope in no way i offened you. I would also urge you to look into my webcomic at http://www.theflamingcat.com and I recently started a thread so that artists and writers could all post in one area and all everyone could benifit from it. it is in the manga mania section under something like artists and writers unite. I think.

-chapel-
Chapel

Postby Solid Ronin » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:03 pm

Im jealous
Solid Ronin

thanx friend

Postby darkoon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:18 am

Chapel wrote:You have the skills, If I was to say something and I always do. It would be to ask you if you would be so nice as to tell me what your thought on my art work. Look for my threads with attachments. Other than that I like your drawings, and your formal color one. The only constructive advise I could give is on the large colored one. Define more on him. Over all nice composition you have skills, but in that picture things seem to run together and I'm not saying put in big black lines, but use darker versions of the colors where they seem to all flood together to show distiction. I think that piece would be amazing with that. and the way your characters look I can tell you have a plan for them, they aren't doodles so I look forward to seeing what comes about from such decently designed charcters. I hope in no way i offened you. I would also urge you to look into my webcomic at http://www.theflamingcat.com and I recently started a thread so that artists and writers could all post in one area and all everyone could benifit from it. it is in the manga mania section under something like artists and writers unite. I think.

-chapel-

GOD bless you, thanx for the advice, and on the contrary, dont get offended in no way possible since there is no perfect ART other than GOD'S. Anyways, I actually will put into practice what you hyave told me. I have several comics in the making, most christian, but there are some that are particular, and not in a bad way. Thanx again, and I love your pics!!! I will be going to your thread as soon as possible.

Darkoon
darkoon

Ok sure thing!

Postby darkoon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:24 am

Mave wrote:*drools* what else can I say? That's mighty cool! Are you an art major? gosh, if that's traditional media, that's VERY GOOD use of it. I can't afford markers and pens...sigghhh

I noticed at the most recent colored pics you have a different shade cutoff in the middle. Why is that?

Ahhh...very creative! I wanna learn how to draw creatures and non-bishie :lol: stuff like you. Erm, pardon me, are you a guy? Don't mean to stereotype but your works seem quite shonen. hehe

oh yeah, my humble little thread. XD warning you, I'm 100% female and love bishies. And you'll only see pics at the 2nd or 3rd pages.

God bless you, the materials I use are Sakura inkpens, 001, 005, and 05. The markers are prisma colored, but I also use crayola stuff ( believe me, they are good). Also, the reason why the pic has two shades of color is because It was too big for my small scanner, so I scanned half of it first, than the other half. I didnt notice that they had different shades or contrast, until it was too late. Since I almost bended the pic *( I reaaaally hate bending my hard earned pics)* I didnt scan it again.

Thanx for your coments, I will visit your forum, so please expect me to be there!

Darkoon
darkoon

Postby darkoon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:26 am

oh, by the way, Im a man, Im 20 years old, still assiting college...
I wish I could have the male sign near my name, How do I do that?

darkoon
darkoon

Postby darkoon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:30 am

Mave wrote:*drools* what else can I say? That's mighty cool! Are you an art major? gosh, if that's traditional media, that's VERY GOOD use of it. I can't afford markers and pens...sigghhh

MAVE!!! YES, Im a guy!...(sniff) (goes to cry on the corner of the classroom...). Well, I just dont know how to put that male sign near the pics, if you can teach me, then please!!!

God bless you:
DARKOON
darkoon

Postby darkoon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:40 am

God bless... Umm, mave, forget it. THANX anyways... Im sooooo dumb. I forgot to put my gender of male or female... Hehehehehehe I guess that confused a whole lot of you guys... (sorry)

Darkoon
darkoon

Postby HikariChan » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:48 am

:jump:Inspiring:jump:

HikariChan

Postby wiggins » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:15 am

Darkoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your art just keeps on amazing me! Can you fly to the uk and give me art lessons?
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner