Mave's Little Art Corner XD

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Mave's Little Art Corner XD

Postby Mave » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:54 pm

I present my humble art spot. My artworks aren't that great, I realized that it is God who gave this poor soul her hands so that she'll learn to be grateful and learn to give to others.

I'll struggle my whole life to fight off any pride or selfish desires that corrupts God's gift. I hope my works will do what they are meant to; to bless everyone.

My humble apologies if I was ever proud or offended anyone.

NOTE: My KingdomCome manga files are at Manga Mania
Mave

Postby inkhana » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:34 pm

EEEE! Cool! XD

The first one who asks for Chap 3, two seconds upon reading Chap2 completely will be rewarded with a head-bonk. hehe

So...tempted...must...receive...head bonk...

...What am I saying? O.o LOL, now I know what it's like to be on the other side...bwa ha ha...

Anyway, the manga is proceeding beautifully, Mave! You handle screentones wonderfully (and more correctly than I do...:P ) I like your character designs too...(read: cute bishie)...LOL! Looking forward to the rest, but not pushing the point...;)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Aka-chan » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:56 pm

I must admit, I'm tempted to risk the head-bonk too. It's gorgeous manga: distinctive characters, well-developed and portrayed emotions, all that good stuff. I totally appreciate it, having attempted manga myself (though I haven't reached your level yet.)

And, oh yeah, those are bishounen!! ^__^ But even better, you've got bishounen with morals and honor; far too few of those to be found. Sure, I like all the pretty faces in anime, but it feels so shallow after a while. What you've done is way cool.
Aka-chan

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:26 am

Ahhh, good stuff! :D (took me long enough to read it though...stupid internet connection kept getting dropped every two minutes...) Can't wait to see where you go with this.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Vampi » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:32 am

....Sigh.....if you think you are procrastinating...then I don't know what I am doing....
...All the pages are a whole lot better than what I can do.......I'M WAITING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!
Vampi

Postby Retten » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:01 am

.....head.....bonk.....no! I wonts ask :sweat:
That was really cool Mave! I like how the story is coming allong
I feel sorry for Kim though gossip has got to be majorly annoying :stressed:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:16 am

It was good, a worthy extension of the original. For a moment there I seriously wondered why Doug was involved again, but the mini-flashback cleared that up. I'm still a big fan of this, but for reasons other than most of the people here... obviously.

No comment about a certain phrase involving chapters necessary.
uc pseudonym

Postby Inferno » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:32 am

KEY WORD[s]: REALLY GOOD WORK IN MY OPINION!
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Mave » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:08 pm

thought I'll do a little Valentine dedication to our Savior. And I added an old Rurouni doujinshi for entertainment purposes. Enjoy! :) If you guys like the Valentine thingy, let me know and I'll make a cleaned up and colored version of it.

Anonymous: "Mave" is so much closer to my real name, it means joy/happiness and all my offline friends call me that. ^^ Therefore, why not?

Bad scanner!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:45 pm

My...

Yes, theoretically domestic items are the ultimate weapons, seeing as in most shonen manga they cannot be stopped and deal damage to anyone...
uc pseudonym

Postby b0redx3 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:40 pm

wow..
this is some great stuff...
can't wait till chap 3 comes out.. =]
"Hopeless romantics are the idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative, and the fanciful. They give the world its once-upon-a-times and happily-ever-afters. Hopeless romantics may have their feet on the ground, but their souls fly somewhere over the rainbow."
b0redx3

Postby Mave » Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:27 pm

hey guys,

Here's part of my ink experiment. ^^ I used a mechanical pencil, Faber pen, the much exhorted Sakura pen and Pentel Sign. The details and my personal comments are written in the file itself.

Pentel has the wider tip among all and I can adjust by increasing the size of my drawings.

Comments?

It's based on my renderation of Kaoru (RK) but she's missing her bangs. It's not easy to make all drawings look completely the same but that's not the point of this post. Please focus on the inking job. ^^ Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby shooraijin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:40 am

Actually, I think the Sign lines are *too* thick. I like the Sakura Micron lines better, myself.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby wiggins » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:32 am

Oooo... so what's the verdict on which one's best?
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Straylight » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:58 am

I'm more fond of the Micron lineart too, I like the way that the stroke width varies. ^_^
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby inkhana » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:28 am

Sakura or pencil for me...:) I'm biased so I'll say Sakura.

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Shinja » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:07 am

yeah difinatly either pencil or the sakura. :thumb:
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

^^;;;;;;;;

Postby Mave » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:10 pm

This is a small part of what I created when my brain was "deep-fried" last Friday. ":bang: my research! :bang: my classes! :bang: my ministry! What's wrong with me!?"

All are in pencil and first draft mode aka "unforgivably messy sketches". :P There's some romantic scenes, apologies to my brothers...^^;

EDIT: What's the point of this post? Hardly anything, just doing it for fun...and if anyone has criticisms, thoughts or comments, feel free to post so.

I also drew raw drafts of a short manga script. :sweat: It's about a wacky samurai/scientist family during "RKenshin" times who fight bad guys using other inventions apart from swords/knives. It's meant to be comedic. Ack, please don't laugh at my idea....I'm already :red:. Anyone is welcomed to just look at it when you're bored and have nothing else to do.

[removed links]

So sorry, such messy drafts! ^^; *runs and hides in shame*
Mave

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:23 pm

Good stuff! ^^
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Shinja » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:38 pm

wow thats awsome
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby calbhach » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:27 am

Good job!

Adopted ~ The Melody Maker :)

Adopted by ~ CephasVII :D

Adopted as a pet by ~ 1BalloonPopper ^_^

Adopted pets ~ Marbles (1BalloonPopper) =D
calbhach

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:28 pm

[quote="Mave"]There's some romantic scenes, apologies to my brothers...^^]

Eh, I'm cool. Not phased in the slightest, spiritually, I simply don't care.

Good stuff, though, for a "dead" mood. I understand that feeling all too well.
uc pseudonym

Postby inkhana » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:04 pm

Very nice, Mave! :jump: Trust me, I don't say a WORD about ANYONE's messy penciling...XD It's more expressive, besides...;) More? More? hehe

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Man I wish I had the skill you got

Postby Chapel » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:40 am

Mave YOu can draw clothes on people like I wish I could. THat and legs have been my real problem lately, but clothes especially, legs I'm getting beter at, If I have something I'm looking at it's alot easier, however with out visual re-enforcements, my art falls short of cool clothes,if you ahve any comments on that leave 'em here or on the my art thread I started. I really respect your work, it's alot better in alot of aspects than mine. I might suggest latter when I'm less busy you and me teaming up. For a short or something. I've got some ideas on a Jesus manga that will make the world smile :) Well TTYL.

-chapel
Chapel

Postby wiggins » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:02 am

wow...can i take drawing lessons from u?
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby Mave » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:29 pm

Feel free to PM me any questions or any specific works you'll like me to help you with and I'll try to help according to my limited ability. ^^

I'll post some more information of my drawing methods at my website if it helps. But you are welcomed to let me know exactly what information you're looking for. :grin:
Mave

Postby EireWolf » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:17 pm

Great manga, Mave! And I love the second drawing; it has so much motion. :thumb:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

W.o.w

Postby darkoon » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:47 am

GOD bless you mave.

You pics are Crazy beautiful, I dont know what to say. I love your faith too, and your site inspired me in christ. Now I'll work even harder on the crhistian manga Im making, I have three currently, BLADE OF THE GOSPEL, GOD AND OUR BATTLES and HEAVEN'S GATE. I feel short to you... I need more knowledge of JESUS. God bless your stuff, although your work is great, I understand now that it doesnt matter how strong you are, but who is with you (Jesus).

Darkoon
darkoon

I'm back! erm.....why?

Postby Mave » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:31 pm

Hi everyone, I'm going a stressful time in my personal life. My natural reaction was to withdraw myself from various social activities including CAA. But that decision was deadly to my spiritual life. So, I'm back to enjoy everyone's insane postings and share my drawings. ^^

These were done a month or two ago. I fell in love with Naruto and was inspired to do these based on UC's "Change." I was trying to visualize "grown up jounin" versions of Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Shino and Hinata. ^^; I also included a Iruka pic since he's such a nice guy. Feel free to comment on my messy sketches. Hopefully everyone thinks they're OK. >_<;
Mave

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:37 pm

heh, you never fail to impress mave. THose Naruto pics look awsome
Shao Feng-Li

Next

Return to Art Corner