Mave's Little Art Corner XD

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Inking stuff

Postby Mave » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:30 am

Here is a simple Kakashi team mug shot I did for DA earlier.

From rough pencil sketches to inking: Which do you think is better? I personally liked Sasuke in the pencil sketch version...he looked more demented then ^_~ The inking isn't perfect, some parts needed some cleaning but I guess with practise, I'll make less mistakes.

I've also included a ball point sketch I did of an original character for another story I have in mind (One day I'll actually get about doing it :sweat: ). I was inspired by the Evanescense "Bring me to Life" Song while drawing this. ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby Archan » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:17 pm

Heyyyyyyy.....

Whats up!

Oh my, new pics...groovey. I actually like the sketches you did better as well. They have more feeling to them with the strokes visible and everything.

Your ball point pen sketch looks very groovey. I like all the line work on the coat, gives it alot of feeling. the thing that threw me off though was the lightning, it took a moment to register. You might want to consider making the lighting less jagged and more serpentine, while maintaining the fact that it's thicker at certain point and thinner at others (Which was a very very very good move :sweat: ) anyways, I know your busy being I'm partially reponsible for that ^______- hope to see you back at your album soon!

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:53 am

Hm; how did I not post in this?

I like the upper Sasuke better, but I really don't know which is which otherwise. And the other picture is cool... is it for what I think it is?
uc pseudonym

Postby Mave » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:04 pm

Archan: XD yup sketches rock! It allows me to express myself the best. Inking.....well, I've gotta practise and get used to it. The lightning was added just for fun and for the 'cool' element. In the actual story, I doubt it'll ever happen.

UC: What exactly are you thinking of? ^_~
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:08 pm

Oh, a certain shonen concept that has never really happened but always lurks around in references.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:25 pm

HOLY COW, MAVE!! Your pictures are sooooo good!! I love the R.K. race, ahahahahahahaha!!!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

More sketches.....la la la

Postby Mave » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:12 pm

I took a break from drawing last week *gasp*. But it did me good coz I harvested some creative juices. XD So instead of doing manga work (mhahaha), I confess that I irresponsibly ran off and drew non-project things instead. ^_^;;;;

Sketch #1: Original character called "Sun" in a Chinese martial manga story that's been bouncing in my head eversince I was a kid. A cool and happy go lucky guy, originally with long white hair, tinted black/brown at the ends. In this pose, some of you may recognize how his hair is blown around ala "Fong Wan" style. Let me know if you know what I'm talking about. ^_~ His hands look a bit weird to me and I had some difficulty with the flowing clothing.

Sketch #2: Original character called "Sayakka", my most FAV. original male character, also meant for the same Chinese martial manga as Sun. I must ask though, is angle of the arms, which hold the stick, somewhat OK? This pose was tricky but I love this sketch so much I must share it with the world.(hahaha). *see lovestruck Chibi Mave on upper right*

Sketch #3: I was listening to jazz music and visualize a bishie playing the saxophone. OK, so I drew (Kim?) playing that. But then, I felt like drawing dolphins too. I ended up with an image of a saxophonist serenading to a bunch of cute Barney-colored dolphins that swim in the air. Weird huh? But I do like this piece.

Now, in regards to the last sketch, I'm a bit frustrated coz I was trying to reproduce a coloring technique but I failed to. If anyone could tell me how to reproduce the art coloring method from this link, I would greatly appreciate it. ^_^;;;; I love this artists' works.

Fantastic YuGiOH fanart

OK, I had better get back to my manga projects... >XD (Bad bad Mave!!)

UC: In response to your last post, yes, that ballpoint sketch was related to the shonen manga idea I bounced at you before. ^_~

ssjvash: Thanks, glad you enjoy my works! XD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby b0redx3 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:13 pm

lol the third one is really interesting and very nicely done. I like the sketchy-ness that is still in it.. x]
"Hopeless romantics are the idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative, and the fanciful. They give the world its once-upon-a-times and happily-ever-afters. Hopeless romantics may have their feet on the ground, but their souls fly somewhere over the rainbow."
b0redx3

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:15 am

I like the first a lot.
I like the second.
The third has dolphins and a saxophone.
uc pseudonym

Postby Angelchick » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:49 am

great stuff Mave. they all look really good and the dolphins are cute.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Ssjjvash » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:02 am

oooh, I like the jazz one with the dolphins!
oooh, I like 'em all.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:44 am

RoyalWing

Postby Archan » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:37 pm

LOL,

Wow, I'm definately gonna PM you on that first pic Mave...... :grin:

But anyways, as usual very nice. I saw the artist you wanna strive to mimic, and then I took a peek at your flying dolphin pic, and your actually closer then you think. The coloring done on the guy seems dead on. what I would do to try to improve it is try to get the stroke and stride you used to color the clothes, and try to apply that to the charcter's face. Also, I wouldn't try to capture more of an airbrush feel for the BG ad the dolphins, try more of a hard brush feel, get very artsy and organic with the brush flow and layering on colors, kind of like if you where painting. also, try adding some hard light and shadows, and some very defined highlights to the dolphins, so they look like they're shinny and glossy.....

Thats about it, the artist you featured tends to have a very painted look to his art, if you treat the piece more like a paintnig with the brush strokes and whatnot, I'm sure you'll capture the same essance he has.

Hope this helps,
God bless,
Archan :thumb:
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

*toss*

Postby Mave » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Looks like I have lagged behind in my art stuff and all. Sigghh...how tragic.

Nothing really special this time. I just felt like coloring a Jounin Sakura tonight. I did, completed it in 3 hours and now, I'm tossing it here for fun. ^__^ This is my renderation of how a grown up Sakura would look like. Stay tuned, I'll try to crank up something more creative next time.^_^;
Mave

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:37 pm

wow, nice ^__^
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mave » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:39 am

anonymous wrote:Sasuke: huh?! eh---- *thinks: whao.. Sakura got prettier since i last checked... GAH!! how could i have such thoughts?!?! nooo~! it must be my male hormones kicking in! it has to be!!! aaaaah~!!!!!*
Naruto: Sakura-chan~!!!!! *overly happy expression with hearts crowding in the air around him... *

:hug: Anony-san, long time, no hear! XD

Yeah I wanna poke fun at our ever-"lovable" Sasuke. :eyeroll: As I said in another Naruto thread earlier, I hope Sakura kicks Sasuke's behind coz that seems to be the only way she can get his attention. ^_~
Mave

Postby RoyalWing » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:58 am

Oh, I saw that one on deviantART already. ^-^;; (yes.. I stalk your account! But you will never know mine!!)

I think the colouring is so well done Mave! And I wonder how you can get the body anatomy so well... (T o T);; I am jealous!!
RoyalWing

Postby Mave » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:36 pm

What?? Who stalks me! <_< >_> :lol:

Alright, I'm glad you guys like the Sakura piece. I'm so rooting for her! (yeah yeah ignore the bad grammar).

After releasing Chap 3 of Home, I took a break from any form of mangakaing work and answered the calling to do...fanarts instead!! *dances*

First, allow me to toss in the GWing bishie collection fanart I made for the Bishie Thread a few days ago. Nothing too incredible except for the bishie factor that only fangirls will understand and appreciate. Heero turned out being the hottest-looking bishie out of the rest (As I stated earlier, I have no idea how that happened, I'm a Quatre fan). I would like to dedicate Duo to Chibi-chan since she's such a sucker for him. XD

And what next better topic to make fanarts out of other than King of Fighters! Yes, Vampi, this is the Kyo fanarts/Chris sketch I promised! Psst....Vampi and Omega are solely responsible for resurrecting my KoF craze when they posted pics in the Bishie thread.

I don't play games but that doesn't stop me from admiring how the bishies look (haha). I don't know much about Kyo really, except that he looks cute and he can pull off a decent fight (the flame thingy looks cool). Iori looks good too but he seems a bit too unstable/psycho for me sometimes. :lol:

Kyofullbody: I posted this at DA, commenting that Kyo looks like a future character in KCome, called Joshua. Well, if you like how this guy looks, you'll probably like Joshua then. ^_^
KyoIori: Iori turned out looking pretty cool too XD I included a sketch version of it...just for fun.a
KyoIorisketch: The original sketch version of above

I also like how Chris looks because he reminds me of Seta Soujirou. I love Soujirou-chan! XD Vampi may insist that Chris is way cooler but I think both of them have that endearing characteristic --> innocent-looking friendly boy turn into psychotic powerful fighter. Yeah! Alright, I admit it, I do like the the psychotic ones from time to time! Chris is dedicated to Vampi, although I must apologize. This is merely a rough 10 minute sketch. If I ever get around to coloring it, Vampi will know about it. ^_^

God bless everyone and have a great week! Urgh...can't believe the weekend is over already! >_<;;
Mave

Postby Vampi » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:21 am

Ah? You mean you've never played KoF or played as Chris? (Or did I read that wrong?)

Yay yay! KoF KoF!! (and Gundam Wing!!). They're very nice. I like em.
Vampi

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:17 am

That's quite a collection. Good work; I like some of those quite a bit, stylistically.
uc pseudonym

Postby Spirit Ninja » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:20 am

Weeee! ^___^ the GundamW guys look really nice in your style! I love it! they look so cool!!!!! And I love the pose in the last picture sketch. ^____^
"Sorry, I got lost on the path known as life today." ~Kakashi, (Naruto)
:forehead: :poke:
"In the ninja world,
those that do not follow the rules are called trash.
But you know,
those that don't take care of their friends
are worse than trash!"
~Kakashi (Naruto)
Spirit Ninja

Postby Angelchick » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:39 pm

nice, they all look really good.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Animated Shatterheart and UC

Postby Mave » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:23 pm

This is all Shatterheart's fault. He asked for an avatar so I attempted to draw a character which would reflect his real life looks and his interest. Somehow, along the way, UC got dragged into it as well. ^__^;;;

Do you guys think these characters reflect the two said mods?

I drew Shatterheart with the black wings he requested. I added the face paint and kilt (it's a MUST) and gave him a little ponytail, which slings to the front. He carried two big guns, wears gloves, cape, suit...something like Alucard since I suspect that Shatter's a fan of Alucard based on his last avatar.

UC has Sephiroth's hairdo but with a high ponytail ala Battousai style. He wear sunglasses like Giichi (Blade of Immortal) and has a scarf which covers his face slightly since UC seems fond of Shino (Naruto). The clothing is close to the Sephiroth-trenchcoat suit but he has the jounin bandage at his ankles. He carried two long swords to complete the set.

I have no idea why I'm doing this. It always happens. The moment I get an inspiration, I simply can't stop working on it until it's done. -_-;; I guess it's never been done before and thought it'll be fun to share it with everyone. I hope everyone likes it or at least finds it amusing. I don't know what kind of manga story you two would be in but I assume there would be quite an amount of action.

I do have an original character that looks very much like UC's animated self, who goes by the name of Alpha. I haven't figured how to use Alpha yet since he's a magic user in the original story. But I don't write magic/fantasy stories anymore. <.< >.>

Gosh! I really REALLY need to get back to preparing for Monday and finishing off other things I'm supposed to be doing now, instead of this! >_<;; Ohh...*rushes out from CAA*
Mave

Postby Retten » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:06 pm

ROFL Now if this was all Shatterheart's fault I will have to hank him lol
But first awsome job Mave! w00t those look so cool I love their designs you did a really great job :thumb: I especially like UC's swords :jump:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:08 pm

Mave, those are AWESOME!!! :rock: I'd love to see this story, if you make it up (need a writer? :eyeroll: )

Anyways, those look great. :lol:

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Ashley » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:26 pm

Those are incredibly awesome Mave!! I'm so impressed! Tis beautiful work! And I dunno what kind of story we could write with them, but if Ink's involved there should be lots of explosions.

Yeah I'm with chloe. Need a back up writer? :lol:
Ashley

Postby Stephen » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:31 pm

As i said on the other thread...they look amazing!
Stephen

Postby Hephzibah » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:15 pm

O.O WOW! I love your artwork Mave! :D :hug:
You know, UC's pic reminds me of Vincent Valentine from FFVII :grin:
Hephzibah

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:09 pm

Ill help with... anything pertaining to this...those ROCK!!!! I wish I could get some lessons from you. XP

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:53 am

Very rarely am I truly impressed by something. Most people use the word "impressed" very freely, but I mean it in a stricter sense. Many individual's artwork has been very highly quality and I appreciated it, but I was not impressed in the truest sense.

This was one of the few times I was impressed. I cannot properly explain why I really like your anime rendition of me, but I like it very much. If I were ever to change my avatar, I would change it

Mave wrote:Do you guys think these characters reflect the two said mods?

A reflection of what, I wonder? Certainly not how I generally dress.

Mave wrote:UC has Sephiroth's hairdo but with a high ponytail ala Battousai style. He wear sunglasses like Giichi (Blade of Immortal) and has a scarf which covers his face slightly since UC seems fond of Shino (Naruto). The clothing is close to the Sephiroth-trenchcoat suit but he has the jounin bandage at his ankles. He carried two long swords to complete the set.

I like both the glasses and the scarf (I am particularly fond of that style in general). You did a good job of guessing at my tastes.
uc pseudonym

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner