Mave's Little Art Corner XD

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:08 pm

:red: Wow, I wasn't expecting such a response from everyone! Yahoo! XD XD

To tell the truth, I don't really have a concrete story in mind at all. Like I said earlier, this was something I came up with randomly, in which I merely imagined them as manga characters in some action manga. You guys are welcomed to give it a try but I suppose you might wanna ask UC or SHeart first, since it's gonna feature them! :grin:

A reflection of what, I wonder? Certainly not how I generally dress.

I wonder how everyone in Kansas would react if you walked around dressed like that, yielding two huge swords. Jk jk! :lol: I meant 'reflection' in the sense of how ppl recognize you. "If someone from CAA saw this, who would they think of?" I had to include Sephiroth in your case, coz very few ppl know how you look in real life and you haven't really changed your avatar (the opposite applies for SHeart).

Talame, now that you've mentioned, yeah the scarf thingy is quite a Vincent thingy. ;)

Yeahhhhh...I had a long and tiring day at work today but seeing everyone's responses sure lifted me up! ^__^
Mave

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:17 pm

:red: Wow, I wasn't expecting such a response from everyone! Yahoo! XD XD

To tell the truth, I don't really have a concrete story in mind at all. Like I said earlier, this was something I came up with randomly, in which I merely imagined them as manga characters in some action manga. You guys are welcomed to give it a try but I suppose you might wanna ask UC or SHeart first, since it's gonna feature them! :grin:

A reflection of what, I wonder? Certainly not how I generally dress.

I wonder how everyone in Kansas would react if you walked around dressed like that, yielding two huge swords. Jk jk! :lol: I meant 'reflection' in the sense of how ppl recognize you. "If someone from CAA saw this, who would they think of?" I had to include Sephiroth in your case, coz very few ppl know how you look in real life and you haven't really changed your avatar (the opposite applies for SHeart).

Talame, now that you've mentioned, yeah the scarf thingy is quite a Vincent thingy. ;)

Yeahhhhh...I had a long and tiring day at work today but seeing everyone's responses sure lifted me up! ^__^
Mave

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:30 pm

May i use your design of Shatterheart to do a drawing?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:39 pm

It should be fine unless SHeart objects......

....but I really doubt he would. <.< >.> *looks around warily*

LOL Sure. ;)
Mave

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:29 am

Mave wrote:To tell the truth, I don't really have a concrete story in mind at all. Like I said earlier, this was something I came up with randomly, in which I merely imagined them as manga characters in some action manga. You guys are welcomed to give it a try but I suppose you might wanna ask UC or SHeart first, since it's gonna feature them! :grin:

That would be interesting to see. However, I think that I like this character enough (as opposed to my intentionally silly Days persona) that I'd rather not be parodied in anything that resulted.

Mave wrote:I wonder how everyone in Kansas would react if you walked around dressed like that, yielding two huge swords. Jk jk! :lol:

I would be arrested, like anyone else carrying around real swords. Not that it wouldn't be funny.

Mave wrote:I meant 'reflection' in the sense of how ppl recognize you. "If someone from CAA saw this, who would they think of?" I had to include Sephiroth in your case, coz very few ppl know how you look in real life and you haven't really changed your avatar (the opposite applies for SHeart).

That was the conclusion that I came to. And in a way, that is an important reflection.
uc pseudonym

Postby Aka-chan » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:06 am

XD! I need to poke in here more often; I hadn't realized that uc got a Mave-drawn appearance too!! I laughed out loud, mostly because I think the image fits him absolutely perfectly and then the guns v. swords thing just topped it all off. Great job!!

And how did I not notice before what bishounen we had on our CAA staff?? ;) With mods like this, they could start getting fanart before we know it!
Aka-chan

Postby Jasdero » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:29 pm

XDDDD!!! Mave!!! That's so awesome!!!! I'd already seen the one of Shatterheart, but the UC one is new for me. They're so great!!! X3333
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Little T-chan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:50 pm

Mave-san---I just read your "Home" manga...and it's SO COOOOOL!!! Yay!! Francis' father is just too cool~ And his family is just lovable to pieces!!!!! I love alllll of the characters!!...Well...sometimes they scare me..but I think they're supposed to...^^; YAY FOR MAVE!!!!!!! <3
[SIZE="6"][color="Pink"]♥ [font="Impact"]t-chan[/font]![/color][/SIZE]

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="Pink"]Everyday, it's You i live for!
Everyday, i'll follow after You!
Everyday, i'll walk with You, my Lord![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Little T-chan

Postby Aka-chan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:58 pm

I second that. I'd fallen behind in keeping up with your manga, and, well, remember your thread about the time-consuming nature of the arcade? That's what Home did to me. And I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. :thumb:
Aka-chan

Postby christianfriend » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:25 pm

Oo! I love all your art mave! I cant wait to see more!!
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

YuGiOH

Postby Mave » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:57 pm

Thanks everyone! Woa...it's been a while since I did any artworks! :sweat:

But I did draw some fanart last night, and that's a good sign that things are picking up. XD

Ok, I got curious about YuGiOH. I've never watched YuGiOH before, neither have I read the manga. It was an interesting drawing experience for various reasons. I'm gonna ramble, so yeah bear with me. :evil:

1) I thought the characters' hairstyles were somewhat....geometric. I mean, Yuugi has the strangest hair ever! 0.o;;;; What's with the 3 colors and jagged fringes? XD;;; Also, Bakura's hair is super spiky while Seto's thick hair seems to line up nicely right before his eyes. I thought Hiei's hair was tough but Yuugi's mane beats his hands down.
2) The eyes! They all look like they wear mascara and eyeliner! Not that I really mind <--- what do you expect from a J-Rocker fangirl? But they all always have smug looks on their faces.
3) The clothings are just as bizarre! Yami Yuugi wears a big collar on his neck and a pretty tight fitting sleeveless leather top (rock star?). Seto Kaiba has this really strange white coat with super big shoulder pads :lol: And I noticed the clothing seems to 'fly' alot or at least float like curtains blown in the winds.

:lol: :lol: sorry, I just thought it was all pretty amusing. Perhaps I would have liked this title a bit more if there wasn't so much emphasize on power gained from the cards and that whole Egyptian thingy (No, I don't support all this whole card business). But I think the bishie characters are quite cute especially the Yamis. XD XD

Anyway, thanks for listening to my ramblings. These are just rough pencil sketches so expect some slack in the outlines... I really need to get back to practising since I think the proportions are a little off. But overall, the poses were pretty fun to draw. All criticisms and comments are welcomed. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:09 pm

these are awesome! :3
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:25 am

That is some very good art; everyone looked very much like their original counterparts. Regarding YuGiOh! I will keep my mouth shut (whatever I said probably wouldn't have been helpful for "building others up").
uc pseudonym

Postby Maledicte » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:07 am

I really like your interpretation of Seto. He's probably one of my least favorite characters but you made him...KAWAII!!! (I just learnt the meaning of the word and cannot wait to show it off)
Maledicte

Postby R. Zion » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:08 pm

Wonderful pics, Mave. I like your interpretations.

I must say that by the way you drew the cards in pics 1,2 and 4, they remind me of paper masters from ROD. ^_^
R. Zion

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:50 pm

Wow...that would end up as a powerful combo. Paper master with Yu-Gi-Oh cards, or the more dangerous Clow cards even... wooooo.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:30 pm

Did you write by the Seto Kaiba pic, "The cold-hearted manly one?" o_0 I can't see the writing. :(

Your little comments add so much "fun" dimension to your work, Mavish. ;) Fantastic, as always! :thumb:

I think my fave is the Seito pic; :evil: you made him look cute.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Mave » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:20 pm

[quote="true_noir_chloe"]Did you write by the Seto Kaiba pic, "The cold-hearted manly one?" o_0 I can't see the writing. :(

I think my fave is the Seito pic]

I'm surprised with ppl's comments on Seto! Chloe, it's cold-hearted 'moody' one. :lol:

I never realized it but some of you are right when you describe paper master in these pieces. I always thought Miss Paper in ROD was cool! XD
Mave

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:47 pm

!!! I kept forgetting to leave a comment! So sorry!!

Anyway, I was really, really into Yu-Gi-Oh not long ago, so I still have an incredible weakness for good YGO fanart, and your stuff is awesome!!! I love your shots of Seto especially, though I think Yami Bakura is one of my all-time favorite characters (and you pulled him off beautifully too). ^__^

I'd love to see some Goth/Jrock art from you too... *hinthint* ;)
Aka-chan

Gothic pics?

Postby Mave » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:17 pm

Hey, Aka-chan, ask and you shall receive! XD Here are some old + recent art pieces that might fit this category.

Every now and then, I feel like treating my characters to what I think is the Gothic Lolita look. XD;;;; Were these characters meant for a manga? Erm sort of....but I won't be working on it for a long time. (-_-)\

These pieces were originally rough pencil sketches and are not complete since I didn't really clean them up. If I had to criticize myself, I would point out the slack in the coloring job. There's one particular piece that should stand out due to its bright colors. I'm not sure whether it's gothic anymore since it's not just black or white. But I had lotsa fun with it and it's my favourite, followed by the gal with some bird. :brow:

Maybe Gothic isn't really me. Still, I hope ppl find this interesting heh. ^_^ Pls feel free to let me know what you think. Is this gothic or not?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:23 pm

wow~ I like those! especially the guy with the glasses-- what a bishie. XD the costume designs are all really cool. I dunno if they're really gothic or not...I'm not knowledgeable about that stuff XD;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:33 pm

*adores* Yeah, most if not all of that is definitely Gothic, IMO. (I'm no expert either, though.) The last one maybe not, but I'm not sure. They're all beautiful whatever they happen to be. ^__^ Uwaa....I love the way you draw long, full skirts; they're one of my favorite types of clothes, and you pull them off wonderfully! Heehee...Goth stuff is great in itself, but Goth stuff with bishies in it…*sigh* bliss…
Aka-chan

Postby Hephzibah » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:52 am

Oooo! Very nice Mave :grin: I love your work!
Hephzibah

Postby harina » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:46 am

Good work! @___^ You have a very unique drawing style. Me likes~!
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Hebr. 11:1]
harina

Postby Jasdero » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:52 am

*o* Mave.. those are awesome... : o X333
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby inkhana » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:44 am

Man, how did I manage to miss this? XD

I -love- those pics, Mave. I'm not big into the whole gothic thing like some people, but it looks sooo awesome in your drawings. Especially the way you drew the dresses. And let us not forget the bishie...:O mwahaha

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Shinja » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:53 am

cool those are really good
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby christianfriend » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:59 pm

Whoa! I realy like the 3rd one you did! Gosh! That rocks!
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:27 am

yes those are quite gothic... very pretty too :thumb:

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Mave » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:59 pm

Golly, thanks guys! You are all so supportive and encouraging, I can't help but to keep doing my best! XD :hugs:

Minor update: Just one image but it accurately reflects my feelings tonight.

Despair.....anxiety.....fear.....I'm crying out for help. Lord, save me! If You don't, who will?

But praise God, He reminded me of His promise. He'll carry me through it all, He hasn't forgotten me. I'm taking a deep breath and will do my best to trust God completely with my circumstances.

I also posted this in DA. The characters are from a manga idea called Perfect Flaw, which is dark and angsty.

The words are from Jars of Clay's 'Fade to Grey.'

"But in my state of blind confusion
No god can pull me out
I see Your love is willing
To turn me inside out

And then I see You there
The lonely tears I cry
I wish they'd release me

It's in despair that I find faith
Summons the night to bow down to day
When ignorance is bliss
Won't You save me from myself"

...That's a guy hugging a girl, just in case you're wondering.
Mave

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner