Vampi's Art Box

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Mave » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:01 am

mwahaha Got Vampi back into the Chris craze! To answer your question in my thread, no...I don't play games at all. I grew up watching over my brother's shoulders whenever he's suckered into a game. :lol:

I've always liked the character designs of KoF and to date, the following are my utmost favourites: Kyo, Chris, King and Blue Mary. K and Leona are not bad too. I'm not too sure about Benimaru and Iori. I like how they stand out in the crowd with their looks but in real life...oh man, that's gonna too weird. haha

I'm afraid I must ask this about Chris: What exactly are his powers? Does he use the flame while in Orochi mode? What's the difference? Coz I could do a double shot of Normal Chris and Orochi Chris (side to side) just like what you did above. At the moment, the only difference I see is his eye color and facial expression.

:sweat: Ash is a guy? He sure has an interesting hairstyle.....^_^;;;
Mave

Postby Vampi » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:31 pm

Um...let's see....
Since he has Orochi blood, he is fairly powerful. He uses purple, which were originally black but that was too hard to see on the screen or so SNK claims, flames, the same ones Iori uses, but Chris has better control over his and can create bigger flames which travel farther. In the game he uses it only in Orochi mode. Between the two personalities, there isn't much of a difference in appearance, except Orochi Chris wears red instead of blue, has red eyes, and always has "crimson" flames around both hands. Orochi Chris also has a psychotic look about him, like he enjoys watching people suffer, which the normal Chris doesn't share. Getting into their attacks, Chris uses a lot more moves which often involve breakdancing or something of the sort. They're more speedy and tend to favor the legs. Orochi Chris likes to use his hands because he can ignite the opponent that way. I've found he also has a longer recover time, leaving him very vulnerable at times (it's really annoying....). Wait wait!! I forgot! Orochi Chris's hair and clothing defy gravity. Either that or it's an eternal wind.

....I don't think you needed all that but hey, I like Chris. And yes, Ash is a guy. I thought it was a girl when I first played KoF '03.....
Vampi

Postby Vampi » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:09 am

Mave: ...........It didn't turn out as nicely as I hoped it would. I hate the picture.
1) Kyo's nose bothers me
2) I should have left his mouth closed
3) I can't do fire
4) that fire is suppose to be coming from a heart
5) I don't know how to add words to a picture and make it look good
and 6....he looks absolutely STUPID.
This is why I don't do Kyo fanart....but it was a special occasion for you. You inspired me to give him another shot. But just once...no more after this.
....I hope you find it at least somewhat amusing though.

I also did pictures of Chris and Aldeheid. I wanted to show that side of Chris not many people see (his "anti-social" disorder) and a more manly version of Aldeheid. I don't think I succeeded in either. Chris looks bored, not indifferent, and Aldeheid still looks like a girl. Oh well, at least Aldeheid doesn't look as feminine as his offical artwork.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:54 am

"Hey Mave. I heard you liked my hair." XDDDD and as always, your sketches rock, Vampi. Hehe, I lack sketches...*baps perfectionist side of self* Oh yes, and I LOVE your last sketch of Chris...

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby olorc » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:27 am

my fav of your newest ones is the one on the right. Sw33t stuff.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Mave » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:59 pm

Ohh!! *glomps Vampi* Thank you, yeah go Kyo! I really appreciate you honoring my Kyo fangirl craze.

I shall bless you with Chris fanarts in return! XD

*looks at her busy work schedule* Ehh...you might wanna give me some time though. I've just realized how much fun it is to trade fanarts, I've never had anyone do this with me before.

1) I think Kyo's fire looks just fine, it's something you see in anime cells. Unless...that wasn't what you intended. 0.o;;;
2) Who is this Aldeheid? Is he from KOF as well? He passes off as a bishie pretty well. Not like the previous Ash. It's funny how a hairstyle can decide how one looks like gender-wise LOL
3) Ohhh very nice piece of Chris. Nice pose and perspective. Like the rest, I like it very much. :thumb:

*Chants "more art, more art, more art"* until Vampi :bootout: Mave out from her thread

Don't mind me, I'm a little hyper and playful today. ^_^;;
Mave

Postby Vampi » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:06 am

Yay! People like my Chris fanart, even though it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to! And Chris fanart from Mave! I will be a happy person, I think.

.....I really dislike that picture of Kyo. I thought the fire looked weird.

Aldeheid....yes he is from KoF. He's.....
[spoiler]the fake boss of KoF 2003. I also believe he's the son of Rugal Bernstein, KoF's ultimate boss and host of the first two tournaments. They have the same moves.......[/spoiler] And don't make fun of Ash's hair! I know it looks girly and stupid, but it actually suits his character very well. (I happen to like that hair style in general though.)

And no art. I have two pics with me that I want to keep as personal at the moment. They're pictures of Duo Lon and Terry and Bao and Kensou.
Vampi

Postby Mave » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:16 pm

hehe I decided to check out both Ash and Aldeheid.

What is Ash's character like? Now that I've seen more images of him, I've concluded that it's not really the hairstyle. It's that hairband looking thing he wears. But hey, he looks like he could kick my behind anytime so I'll stop right there :lol: May I add though, "funky cool outfit"! XD

Aldeheid or is it Adelheid? I can't seem to find any decent pics of him on google. The only one I obtained (attached) portrays him quite feminine! 0_0;;; Is this the right character??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mave

Postby Vampi » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:23 am

Ash is really weird, but that's what I like about him. He's one of those characters that you either love or hate because of his uniqueness. He looks like a pansy and kind of acts like one (his hobby is nail art......), but his attitude and what he says make him male. My favorite win phrase from him is "You're weak, creepy, and pesty. Consider euthanasia! Ha ha ha ha ha!!". I must remember that quote so I can use it on somebody one day. Really though, Ash is the creepy one. Not even Duo Lon can figure him out, and Duo Lon seems like the kind of guy that understands every move you make.
[spoiler]In the ending of the Hero team, Ash talks about finishing his scheme while looking slightly malicious. He beats up Chizuru at the end of the 3 treasure team's ending and steals the mirror that she keeps. I think there's a possibility that he could be the ultimate boss of this new arc in KoF, that is, if the Orochi doesn't come back. I honestly hope they do.[/spoiler]

Adelheid Adelheid Adelheid....yes...it is Adelheid. I've been spelling it wrong. That is the right character you've got there. I don't like that picture because he looks too feminine, which is I why I tried to draw a picture of him looking "more manly". I went back through the game and saved some pictures of him and his sister, Rose, where he looks much much better, oddly enough.....
[spoiler]I really think they are the children of Rugal. I didn't notice it earlier, but right before you fight Adelheid, a picture of Rugal is shown.[/spoiler]

EDIT: I felt a little playful and decided to do a quick comic of Andy Bogard. (That's suppose to be Mai's fan by the way.)

2nd EDIT: I finally did something OTHER than KoF in quite a while. Even though they're really stereotypical characters, I found I love the "power rangers", but out of the five of them, Momochi and Mayuzumi stand out because I happen to like their character designs (they've also got some really cool head gear). They're from Level E.
Vampi

Postby Vampi » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:00 am

I think I'm doing Duo Lon a bit of an injustice by not posting a fanart of him; although I really don't like this picture of him. It doesn't remotely resemble him. I should have kept a picture of him near me while drawing this...drawing from memory doesn't work.
Vampi

Postby Aka-chan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:28 pm

Ghaaa... @_@ I love the flowy lines in the hair; I can never get that down. As always, lovely, lovely work!! *chases after anonymous to make her share the picture*
Aka-chan

Postby Angelchick » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:16 pm

that looks really good. the hair is very nice.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby KrescentMoon » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:54 am

ooo~ that's lovely Vampi! Your colored pencils merge together much more nicely than mine~ and Duo Lon is that um....psycho dude right? ....eheh~ drawing from memory doesn't work....

KrescentMoon

Postby Mave » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:30 pm

Nice job, Vampi! You're always introducing new characters to me! lol I have to check this dude out <-- have no idea how the original character looks like at all

Was that piece done completely in colored pencils? Or did you do a little water color job there as well? The colors blend really well.

And that little red mark there....Is it a chinese name stamp? Coz I own one of those with my chinese name on it too! XD

oh yeah, I still owe you a Chris fanart :evil: I haven't forgotten hehe.
Mave

Postby Vampi » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:42 am

Yay. Apparently my skill at hair, something I've been workin on lately, is getting better.

KM wrote:Your colored pencils merge together much more nicely than mine.

Uh....

Mave wrote:Was that piece done completely in colored pencils? Or did you do a little water color job there as well? The colors blend really well.

Neither. It's oil pastels, but they were more like crayons.....

Mave wrote:And that little red mark there....Is it a chinese name stamp?
Coz I own one of those with my chinese name on it too! XD

Yeah...it is a Chinese stamp. I've used it several times before I think.....

KM wrote:Duo Lon is that um....psycho dude right?

Yes he is. He's that guy I drew in that humorous picture of the weird person and an injured Terry Bogard.

anonymous wrote:*snatches everthing else in the thread and runs off with them...*

Doh...*If my stuff is being stolen then I better stop posting pictures......*

Ok, the real reason for this post.......

Merry Christmas people

From the Last World.
Vampi

Postby Mave » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:06 pm

Vampi wrote:Neither. It's oil pastels, but they were more like crayons.....

Ahh...my bad. Ok, I suck at telling the difference between traditional medium. XD]
Doh...*If my stuff is being stolen then I better stop posting pictures......*
[/quote]
Don't worry, anony-san is a responsible art thief. She merely steals to fill up her hard drive for eye candy purposes. Riiiiight, anony-san? ^_^ Pls don't stop posting pics here!

Merry Christmas people
From the Last World.

XD Merry Christmas to you too, Vampi! Thanks!
Mave

Postby Vampi » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:23 am

Well if anybody is interested, I've started a thread labeled UC Pseudonym vs. Sepiroth. Short, "quickly" done comics of UC and Sepiroth.

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=16364
Vampi

Postby Vampi » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:46 am

For a certain somebody.
Vampi

Postby Vampi » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:01 am

I haven't done any "nice" pictures lately and it's frustrating me. I'm been doing too much concept art.

To remedy my problem, I drew a picture of K', Ash, and Kyo, something I've wanted to do for a long time. I left my mistakes in the picture because I plan to color this by hand. (Actually, I'm not in the mood to fix it.)

I'd like comments on the anatomy and folding of the leather jackets. Especially the anatomy. Drawing backs are hard, and so is foreshortening.
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:31 am

I love the expression and nail detail ---->duh (psssst, I have a hand/nail fetish thing going on<---- and you're getting better at hair!! Magnificent~ <3

The eyes kinda look weird though....are their pupils truly rectangular? Ok...quick comments because I need to get to get something done quick; Jackets.....because they're leather, they should be somewhat tighter...and the folds should be sharper (more edgy). You said you were coloring it right? It would look nicer if you colored the folds instead of "lineart" it...it's hard, but it would make the pic a LOT nicer.

Foreshortening bites. It's hard for me too, however, um....Ash right? Ash's fingers should be a little bit longer if his pinky is that long XD;;; I suggest examining your hand in the mirror...like reach out and stuff.

KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:26 am

Quick reply.

When I reach out like that, my pinky appears that long, in fact longer. Of course, I can bend my hands and fingers into odd positions....
No, their pupils aren't rectangular (sketchy lines for pupils take on a different edge when I color the eyes...).

Sharper folds...why do I always forget that? Thanks.
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:51 am

No problem~

...Haha XD;;; you DO have really long fingers anyway....odd positions : o...*tries to bend her fingers strangely* errr.....I can somewhat~ my fingers are double-jointed...at least I think so because I can't hold out my fingers straight...they bend out in an odd manner....
KrescentMoon

Postby Angelchick » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:31 pm

nice, i can't wait to see the colored version.

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Angelchick

Postby Vampi » Mon May 02, 2005 6:00 am

My new avatar. Vampi's gotten a revamped look.

I hate doing backgrounds.
Vampi

Postby HikariChan » Mon May 02, 2005 7:09 am

Nice!:thumb:

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby KrescentMoon » Mon May 02, 2005 11:53 am

Very nice~! I love the hat. Your hat >>> Feight's. The large brim is so much cooler....but I do like top hats. I want to see the entire outfiiiit!!! *O*

KrescentMoon

Postby Angelchick » Wed May 04, 2005 9:27 pm

nice, that looks really good.

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Angelchick

Previous