Vampi's Art Box

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby KrescentMoon » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:29 am

of course i remember~ ;)
you never told me you moved servers!!!! .........=D tell me, pls~? with a galon on top?

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:29 am

KYAHAHAHA!!! I'm hyper. Quickly done picture here with my two mascots. I'm still working on editting my own Rivis though, and I know my dear Vampi isn't suppose to go out into the daylight, but who cares.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vampi

Postby Archan » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:06 am

Vampi...

Hello, I'm Archan. I just thought I'd comment on some of your art.
You first off have a really good sense of the human form, it takes most people a long long long while to get a good sense of the human form. Even people at my college who have been drawing for years and are in their 9th quarter don't get a good sense of the human form. But you do, so kuddos to you.

Next, and this is just me personally, but I enjoy your traditional stuff more then your Cg stuff. Some of your CG stuff is good, but the majority of your art that catched my eye is traditional.

Have you experimented with any other traditional media such as water color or pastel?

Hope to see more of your art soon,
God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Vampi » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:44 pm

traditional? I have traditional artwork? I didn't know that.....
I don't know when I got a sense of the human body. Maybe it came when I started to look in the mirror too much and my hubris increased. I have experimented with water color and pastel. They look.....strange........ (and my "traditional" artwork is for my eyes and my best buds' only...except on certain occasions)
Vampi

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:56 pm

:) Well, the traditional mediums include charcoal, contae, pastel, watercolor, gouche, oil paints, *pencil*, and anything else done physically out of cyber space. So, your sketches count as traditional (Or as I like to call them, organic) pieces.
It's a shame you wont post more of your traditional pieces, I'm especally curious with your experimentation of watercolor and pastel. Which pastel did you experiment with, Oil or Dry?

Hum, a mirror. Meaning you would observe yourself in the mirror for refrence? Thats groovey, in fact if not one of the best techniques. I find it helpful myself when I need to study emotions or mannerisms. It's a fine technique used by many artist (Alex Ross among them) so more Kuddos to you.

Anywho regardless, I am interested in seeing any more art you post, traditional or otherwise. Keep honing those skills :thumbsup:

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Vampi » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:48 am

....I'm hooked on Houshin Engi......but I couldn't give up the idea of drawing Fukki, Taikoubou, and Outen on one page. Fukki is just too cool. Maybe I should pen that in.....naaaaahhhhhh.....................
I've also been leaning toward a more marvel style lately I've noticed.......

(erm....forgot to mention...picture one is a bit of a spoiler......)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vampi

Postby Vampi » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:06 am

This is somewhat for Krescent Moon. Recognize these guys?
These are the original designs for them....kinda. I changed Meroro and Ii-Yeros into females cos I decided I wanted females in the council. Then again...Galicos were originally designated as gender-less. I also switched Scahera's and Mero's outfits.
This picture is too cute for me. It's giving me a headache. I think I'll redraw this with their new and improved outfits along with more aggresive stances.

(I don't think anyone will understand the names, not even KM.

Scahera- orange galico
Ii-Yeros- yellow galico
Feirsist- green galico
Fyysq- blue galico
Meroro- purple galico
Deymoris- red galico (my bishie submission....Deymoris is awesome)

In the middle:
right: Tyme- white galico
left: Vince- human with the rank and specialization of a black galico. )
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:06 am

I remember......THREE! of them *nods* very cute, indeed. X3 Deymoris........he like teh roxxors.<3

KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:01 am

Which three? I know you remember Deymoris. Probably the second one is Fyysq, but who's the last? Feisist? Tyme?
Vampi

Postby Little T-chan » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:51 pm

Congrats on winning the art contest Vampi!!! And those chibis are soOOoo adorable!!!!! ^^<3
[SIZE="6"][color="Pink"]♥ [font="Impact"]t-chan[/font]![/color][/SIZE]

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="Pink"]Everyday, it's You i live for!
Everyday, i'll follow after You!
Everyday, i'll walk with You, my Lord![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Little T-chan

Postby Archan » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:13 pm

Very nice,

I like your Fukki titled attachment the most personally, all the rough pencil strokes and such give it alot of life and character. It looks very nice.

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Vampi » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:47 am

Thanks T-chan, both for the congratulations and the comment.

Archan, you really are trying to convert me or something aren't you? Not that it's bad or anything. To show you that yes I do do "finished" works by hand, I'll attach my latest picture. There's a lot of mistakes in it (like Azel's nose), but that's ok. I'm tired of working on it. It looks better in real life.

[spoiler]It's Lord Alviss of Velthomer (left) and his little brother Azel (right) from Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifuu. People say he was pure evil, but then you've got to remember that he loved his bro and, if I recall correctly, refused to kill him when the edict came. I believe Azel was turned into stone instead. [/spoiler]
Vampi

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:28 pm

BEAUTIFUL ^__^

Your stuff is always great, Vampi. Oh yes, and congratulations on your art contest win. *throws confetti*

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby KrescentMoon » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:26 pm

Vampi wrote:Which three? I know you remember Deymoris. Probably the second one is Fyysq, but who's the last? Feisist? Tyme?

Bugger...this thread's subscription disappeared ^^; Eh, I don't exactly recall the names, but I remember Deymoris (duh), one with blue hair, and the other assassin-looking, green-haired Galico. I believe it was the black Galico. I -seriously- forgot their names......I mean.....that was like 3 years ago.......

KrescentMoon

Postby Britomart » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:08 pm

Vampi,
I'm new, and I just found your thread, and I think it is totally awsome! Your command of the human body is amazing, and you always seem to have the proportions right. Sigh... ( wishes she could draw like that...)

KristalKlears siggy pics ROCK! :rock: Thank you, Kristal!

I'm nobody. Are you nobody too?
Don't tell, they'd banish us you know.
How dreary to be somebody,
How public, like a frog
to tell your name the livelong day
to an admiring bog

Emily Dickinson
Britomart

Postby Vampi » Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:32 am

Thank you all for your compliments. I apreciate them. (I really do!)

Celebrate the Mid-Autumn festival before it's over!!
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=12250
Vampi

Postby Vampi » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:19 am

This is why I never use watercolor. If I ever take lessons on how to handle it, I might start it seriously.
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:24 am

But I still think it's good....and I can't figure out how to delete this post....duh, can't. Xp

KrescentMoon

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:30 am

*grumbles* wish i could delete my own posts...

KrescentMoon

Postby Fantasy Dreamer » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:15 am

nice artwork Vampi!

-Fantasy Dreamer
"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" - Psalm 31:24

"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."

My Fanfiction.net account
My DA account
My MAL

"An XD a post will keep humor at its most." - Goldenspines <3
Fantasy Dreamer

Postby Vampi » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:53 pm

KM, that's not me. First off, that's obviously a girl (which I am not). Secondly, I named her JoJo, meaning she's a rough draft for my new mascot that's going to take over Vampi.
Vampi

Postby R. Zion » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:38 pm

Very nice, I especially like your work on the hair.
R. Zion

Postby Vampi » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:45 am

I'm on a major, MAJOR, fanart streak. This has been going for about two, three, possibly even more, weeks. It's centered around King of Fighters though, in particular Chris. None of these had enough time spent on them, except for the picture of Chris sitting. Sketches are cool.

First: Chris, from King of Fighers 97 (and 98, 2k, and 2k2) aspiring to be an Iron Chef, even though he died before the show even started (I think). He might have wanted to become a chef; he liked cooking. In the background, Shermie, the optimist, and Yashiro, the egoist.

Second: Prince Jamkua of Verdane, from Fire Emblem 4, in his final upgraded form.

Third: Chris again, this time leaning against a wall.

Fourth: Author and Tinny from Fire Emblem 4. They're siblings...
Vampi

Postby true_noir_chloe » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:15 pm

Great fan art!!! O_O I love your Fire Emblem pics. The Iron Chef was funny. Everything looks great. I love your "edgy" style - in that, I mean I like how everything you draw looks like it would easily jump off the page and kick your buttocks. ^__^;; I think that stems from you drawing fantastically simmering eyes. At least, that's what I think. And, my comments should not be taken too seriously since I'm not an artist. I hang out with artists and they're usually my best friends for some odd reason; but, take my comments with a grain of salt. ^__^

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:47 pm

this looks great! ^_^ I love the perspective on the third pic, it's awesome, I wish I could draw perpsective that well, lol
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Vampi » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:19 am

Simmering eyes? Jump off and kick you? My perspective isn't that good.

................................thank you though.............

Mave: Come to dark side. Together we will rule the world of KOF fanart! But first, I need to move away from these ten minute sketches.

First: Kensou and his meat bun.....don't touch it.
Second: A weird sketch of Kula that does not look remotely like her.
Vampi

Postby Mave » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:06 am

Vampi wrote:Simmering eyes? Jump off and kick you? My perspective isn't that good.

................................thank you though.............

Mave: Come to dark side. Together we will rule the world of KOF fanart! But first, I need to move away from these ten minute sketches.

First: Kensou and his meat bun.....don't touch it.
Second: A weird sketch of Kula that does not look remotely like her.

LOL alright, Vampi! I think I will share fanarts of Kusanagi (once I find it in somewhere in the mess of sketches in my drawer hehe). I also like Chris coz he reminds me Soujirou (RK), whom I like very much. XD XD

wow, these sketches are done in 10 minutes? I don't know how long I take with my sketches but I'm pretty sure it's longer than that, especially if I'm planning to color the images. The lead in my mechanical pencils are pretty dark and I have a lot of smudging to deal with whenever I try to clean it up for coloring. -_-;; Sigghh...

You've always had a great grasp on perpectives and body proportions. I look forward to more of your stuff! Are you planning to color any of them? *hint hint* ^_~
Mave

Postby Vampi » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:27 am

Since it's French week (at least at my school it is), I decided to draw KOF's very own French chick, Shermie. I think she's pretty, except in my drawing. I hate front-ish views because I always mess up on something. (The heart says "merci" if you can't read my writing)

Anonymous: You're contaminating his food!

Mave: When I say 10 minutes, I just mean quick sketches. 10 minutes is the quickest I can get a picture done in, but it's rare. (Oh, some of these pictures are penned or colored. I don't feel like putting them up.)
Yay for Kyo fanart from MAVE!! I look forward to them.
By the way, Chris doesn't remind me of Soujirou. It's quite obvious Soujirou is mentally disturbed; Chris hides his better. Chris is a lot more innocent (except when he goes Orochi and laughs at the misery of humanity) and well rounded. The biggest difference is orochi. Soujirou isn't a vessel that carries a psycho mythological person's blood to later host the mad man himself inside his body. Go Chris of the flames of destiny. (I love these crazy fates.)

EDIT: Added in Ash Crimson, since he's raised in France. Ash is slowly climbing my ladder of favorite characters. He's a new type of person in the KoF series, along with Duo Lon, and a very interesting "hero". I just wish he'd change his hair style.
Vampi

Postby Vampi » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:47 am

I was on an Ash Crimson streak for 2-3 days until I looked into Mave's thread and saw a picture of Chris. Now the Chris streak is back. Sigh....so I did this quick picture. I personally don't like it, but I thought it looked interesting enough.
Vampi

Postby Spirit Ninja » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:30 am

wow, nice stuff!!! ^__^
"Sorry, I got lost on the path known as life today." ~Kakashi, (Naruto)
:forehead: :poke:
"In the ninja world,
those that do not follow the rules are called trash.
But you know,
those that don't take care of their friends
are worse than trash!"
~Kakashi (Naruto)
Spirit Ninja

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner